12Next >
17185 56 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danielebarone
lvl.3
Italy

For dji support:
Ronin S with Nikon D800 and 24-70 autofocus Nikkor lens seem to work when cable is attached! Moving focus wheel, the autofocus on the lens is moving, the same if I press the button to take picture or movie.
The only BIG issue is that live view turns off!!!

PLEASE SOLVE THIS SOON! I need to use my Ronin S for my work and I’m loosing a lot of functionalities!
Thank you

2018-7-17
Use props
danielebarone
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you Mindy. Do you think you’ll be able to solve it soon?
2018-7-18
Use props
Stratven27
lvl.1

any updates on this? I got my ronin-s today and it is pretty frustrating to see that live view is not fixed yet.
2018-8-21
Use props
Jediboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Stratven27 Posted at 2018-8-21 12:03
any updates on this? I got my ronin-s today and it is pretty frustrating to see that live view is not fixed yet.

Im a D800 user too and keen to see how you’re getting in with Nikon in fixing this.
Many thanks.
2018-8-21
Use props
Toadovision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This is exactly the same with the D810.  Stop start just fine but no way to preview, live view is stopped on camera and external (Ninja) recorder.
2018-10-1
Use props
sebastian301192
New
Denmark

Do you now if they have fixed the problem?
2018-10-2
Use props
sebastian301192
New
Denmark

jejjheh jejej iekkei kkee
2018-10-2
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

This is the most useful answer!
Thank you.
It explains very well when D800 will be compatible with Ronin-S!!!
Awesome!!!
2018-10-2
Use props
Simon Coates
New

Another call for the D800 - if at all possible.
2018-10-3
Use props
djiuser_BYZ3NPD5Zz4j
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5197 ft
Australia

I've just recently purchased the Ronin S and after connecting the MCC-B cable to try out the connection with my D800, the camera is now frozen and can't be used. It turns on, but cannot change mode or open the menu or any button. Please let me know how to fix this, I need my camera operating?
2018-10-21
Use props
Creative Starr
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-23 01:46
Hi all, sorry for the inconvenience caused, our engineers are still working on it with Nikon company, please note our website about the future firmware release, thank you.

I've just recently purchased the Ronin S and after connecting the MCC-B cable to try out the connection with my D800, the camera is now frozen and can't be used. It turns on, but cannot change mode or open the menu or any button. Please let me know how to fix this, I need my camera operating?
2018-10-21
Use props
Dnorton
lvl.2
Ireland

My ronin S has remained in its box for the last few months because of this very issue. I am starting to believe i have wasted my money getting one so early....
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Creative Starr Posted at 2018-10-21 05:09

Hi there, currently, Nikon D800 can only be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, we are working on developing USB shutter control, please unplug the MCC-B cable to see if the camera works, thank you. GTScreenshot_20181022_213041.png
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, I apologize for my previous post, currently, Nikon D800 can only be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S, therefore, when you connect to the included cable, the control features cannot be fully ensured. With the MCC-B connected, only the camera settings on Nikon D850 may be unable to be displayed, and we have got it fixed.
Our engineers are developing USB shutter control for Nikon D800, D810, for more updates, please note our website. Thank you very much.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dnorton Posted at 2018-10-21 15:46
My ronin S has remained in its box for the last few months because of this very issue. I am starting to believe i have wasted my money getting one so early....

Hi Dnorton, what is the model of your camera? If it is Nikon D800, please check my post in 14#, thank you.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Simon Coates Posted at 2018-10-3 08:22
Another call for the D800 - if at all possible.

Hello Simon, please check my post in 14#, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Toadovision Posted at 2018-10-1 12:59
This is exactly the same with the D810.  Stop start just fine but no way to preview, live view is stopped on camera and external (Ninja) recorder.

Hi there, please check the screenshot I posted at 13#, currently, Nikon D810 can only be physically balanced and stabilized on the Ronin-S. Our engineers are developing USB shutter control for Nikon D810, for more updates, please note our website. Thank you very much.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sebastian301192 Posted at 2018-10-2 09:55
Do you now if they have fixed the problem?

Hi sebastian, please check my post on 14#, thank you.
2018-10-23
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

Thanks Mindy.
Hope to get news soon, because is very frustrating not to be able to use Ronin S!
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dani Bar Posted at 2018-10-23 00:32
Thanks Mindy.
Hope to get news soon, because is very frustrating not to be able to use Ronin S!

I understand your frustration, Dabi, our engineers are working on developing the USB shutter control for Nikon D800 and so on, we will also keep you updated in Forum once the new firmware is released. Thanks for your attention.
2018-10-23
Use props
Creative Starr
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Mindy.. Any update on this please? Is the D800 now compatible?
2018-10-31
Use props
Perry8003
lvl.1
Canada

Any news about the live view?
2018-11-26
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

Perry8003 Posted at 11-26 10:33
Any news about the live view?

Nikon D800 seems to be a forgotten device.
We bought it a few years ago, we spent about 3000 euros for it and:
-Nikon made only two firmware update...
-DJI doesn't care about it.
Technology is for few people... who has a lot of money.....
2018-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dani Bar Posted at 11-26 12:52
Nikon D800 seems to be a forgotten device.
We bought it a few years ago, we spent about 3000 euros for it and:
-Nikon made only two firmware update...

There are very few brands that actually seem to care about existing products.
DJI does (sometimes) live up to that promise.
But definitely not always.
2018-11-27
Use props
Perry8003
lvl.1
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 11-27 05:50
There are very few brands that actually seem to care about existing products.
DJI does (sometimes) live up to that promise.
But definitely not always.

So it might be better to go with china brand like Zhiyun..
2018-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Perry8003 Posted at 11-27 09:39
So it might be better to go with china brand like Zhiyun..

Not sure.
I have no experience with them.
So far my DJI product have been reliable.
Not without issues, but all were fixed.

The only issue I had was with one of the GPS units of my Mavic Pro.
That was fixed under warranty.
But then again, I jumped on the train when the Mavic Pro was already 2 years around I guess. So most of the 'bugs' were fixed by then.

I know they can't make it all work for everybody. Much like the D800 which won't be their main target I guess. (not a film makers camera per se mabye?)
As long as they live up their promises I'm ok with that.
I myself have the D610 and wonder about the Ronin S.
So far no budget at all, so maybe in the future.

2018-11-27
Use props
Karpovmaster
lvl.1
France

Come on DJI R&D team !!! It's been 6 months since this post has been opened and still nothing done : Ronin-S can't command a Nikon D800 (which is 6 years old) for basic operations such as start/stop recording videos and pulling focus. Is DJI still a high tech entreprise ?!? I seriously doubt it...
Please have respect for your customers and make a system that stabilise AND command cameras (CANON, NIKON and SONY at least for a start) !!!
2019-1-5
Use props
juantamayoph
New
Colombia

2019 Has arrived.

Any update about this topic?

I'm a NIKON D800 User as well. I bought the DJI Ronin S 6 months ago, and i'm still waiting to use the autofocus with my camera. in fact, that was the main feature in the gimbal that made me buy it.

When are we going to have our Ronin S fully functional with our NIKON D800? Please DJI, give us some real news.

Thanks.
2019-1-22
Use props
borisbushmin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8345617 ft
  • >>>
Russia

"And cart and now there" (Krylov's fable) ... DJI, aren't you ashamed?
2019-2-14
Use props
Dnorton
lvl.2
Ireland

This his ridiculous.... i think there has been LIES and false advertisement performed by the company called DJI...... they owe every nikon owner a FULL refund at this stage no matter what part of the world they come from. ITS TIME TO CONTACT YOUR CONSUMER AFFAIRS
2019-2-14
Use props
Creative Starr
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-23 00:49
I understand your frustration, Dabi, our engineers are working on developing the USB shutter control for Nikon D800 and so on, we will also keep you updated in Forum once the new firmware is released. Thanks for your attention.

Hi again Mindy

It's been several months since you last replied to me or this thread.
How is this going, surely a fix has been created by now?

It makes future DJI product purchases difficult if this is what we get from the product and from the technical back up team.

I too saw this in the shop and was sold on the fact you had control of your camera via the gimbal. I don't recall where it said Not Compatible with D800's

You could be like a god to us all and help get this pushed along with the powers to be, as it seems they don't care about us.

Cheers
Dave
2019-3-11
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

Anyone want to give me your Ronin?  Since it’s unusable I’d be willing to take it off your hands, I’ll even pay for shipping!
2019-3-12
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

Jetta-The-Hut Posted at 3-12 20:04
Anyone want to give me your Ronin?  Since it’s unusable I’d be willing to take it off your hands, I’ll even pay for shipping!

How much do you offer?
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Creative Starr Posted at 3-11 23:19
Hi again Mindy

It's been several months since you last replied to me or this thread.

Hi Dave, the new firmware will be released recently, but I'm afraid the USB control for Nikon D800 is still under developing, please note the update of the compatible list, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-3-13
Use props
Creative Starr
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-13 04:14
Hi Dave, the new firmware will be released recently, but I'm afraid the USB control for Nikon D800 is still under developing, please note the update of the compatible list, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Mindy

Thanks for that information, it's good to see that DJI care about us Nikon D800 users so much.
Which of DJI's competitors have a similar product to the Ronin S that is compatible with the D800? Asking for a friend.
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Creative Starr Posted at 3-13 20:19
Hi Mindy

Thanks for that information, it's good to see that DJI care about us Nikon D800 users so much.

We have no idea of that but we will keep improving our products to make it compatible with more cameras.
2019-3-14
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

United States

Dani Bar Posted at 3-12 22:49
How much do you offer?

50 dollars + shipping
2019-3-16
Use props
Creative Starr
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-14 02:32
We have no idea of that but we will keep improving our products to make it compatible with more cameras.

Hi Mindy
Any good news for us D800 sufferers? Or just any news??
Do you offer a refund to customers who purchase your product when it doesn't work with the equipment it was suppose to work with?
This continues to be poor form.
Cheers
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Creative Starr Posted at 4-16 19:25
Hi Mindy
Any good news for us D800 sufferers? Or just any news??
Do you offer a refund to customers who purchase your product when it doesn't work with the equipment it was suppose to work with?

Hi Creative Starr, we don't have the ETA when Nikon D800 will be fully supported, sorry about that, when did you purchase the device?
2019-4-17
Use props
Dan_the_Chemist
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-13 04:14

Hi,

I have worked as a software developer for several companies -  one of which you might be using right now.   I'm retired now, and having fun playing.

I know the development cycle and why it may seem to take a very long time for a small fix to make it into release.      However,  I'd like to make a radical suggestion.

Put the source on GitHub and let the community create a community-based version.   You would continue to release your "golden version",   and that would be the only version you'd maintain and support.   But the community could release their own versions and do their own SW support.

The advantage to DJI is that you would immediately get dozens of people working on implementing ideas.   Most of the implementations would be garbage,  but there would be some gems in there that you could take and incorporate into your golden version.    For example,  I pretty much assure you that if you put the source code out there somebody (like ME) would write the code to support D800, D810, etc

DJI is a hardware company,  not a software company.  Let the community help you improve your SW.   

2019-4-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules