cannot takeoff. Ensure the aircraft battery is properly connected.
15092 31 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_egXs3UvLCZg0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18389 ft
Belgium

Hey alll,
I just recently bought the dji mavic air fly more combo and had a lot of fun flying with it. I cycled the batteries and usually flew each to about 20-25 percent and no lower. Now today, I inserted battery nr 2 (I numbered them) and it keeps giving me this error. The other batteries do no such thing. I googled it and tried to see if it could be a firmware issue and I checked, double and triple checked if the battery was clicked in properly. It most definetly is.

Can anyone help me and tell me what I should do?

Thanks!

2018-7-17
Use props
djiuser_egXs3UvLCZg0
lvl.2
Belgium

Also, if there is any info you need, please let me know and I'll tell you a.s.a.p
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

Also, since I can't seem to edit my previous posts for some weird reason, I can confirm that it isn't the firmware. I still have two batteries that work perfectly, but I have barely used the battery so this shouldn't be happening. Do I need to go back to the store where I bought it?
2018-7-17
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

This msg let you know that your battery is not installed properly onto the aircraft. Just press the battery tight against the aircraft. I have this issue when I got it when new.
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-7-17 11:09
This msg let you know that your battery is not installed properly onto the aircraft. Just press the battery tight against the aircraft. I have this issue when I got it when new.

Trust me when I say that the battery is clicked in properly. I've done so with the other battery's that function perfectly.  So that is not it.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to charge your battery? If yes, I highly recommend you to return the battery directly to the store where you purchased the drone so they can replace it. If you have any other concern, please let us know so we can help you further. Thank you.
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-17 11:47
Hi there, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to charge your battery? If yes, I highly recommend you to return the battery directly to the store where you purchased the drone so they can replace it. If you have any other concern, please let us know so we can help you further. Thank you.

Yes, I have let the battery drop to about 40% when I first tried to check the firmware. I just let it do its thing while I was doing something else to pass the time. When I got back, the battery was at 40% (about, give or take a few.) I then charged the battery fully and tried again.

I gave me the same error. It did tell me to calibrate the compass first though, before it showed the battery warning. I did the calibrating of the compass but then the battery error appears again. I'm going to let it 'rest' for the night (I'm charging it again) and see that makes a difference. Is a faulty battery like this covered by warranty? Does the store need to send it to DJI to check it out?

Or do I need to end it to dji myself?
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kingdark Posted at 2018-7-17 11:53
Yes, I have let the battery drop to about 40% when I first tried to check the firmware. I just let it do its thing while I was doing something else to pass the time. When I got back, the battery was at 40% (about, give or take a few.) I then charged the battery fully and tried again.

I gave me the same error. It did tell me to calibrate the compass first though, before it showed the battery warning. I did the calibrating of the compass but then the battery error appears again. I'm going to let it 'rest' for the night (I'm charging it again) and see that makes a difference. Is a faulty battery like this covered by warranty? Does the store need to send it to DJI to check it out?

I highly suggest you contact the store first for the replacement if the battery is still under warranty. Thanks.
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-17 12:19
I highly suggest you contact the store first for the replacement if the battery is still under warranty. Thanks.

I will do that. I will call the store tomorrow immediately.
2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just check contacts are not bent or dust has gathered, if it’s faulty you have 6 month warranty.
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-17 12:39
Just check contacts are not bent or dust has gathered, if it’s faulty you have 6 month warranty.

That's the thing though, I already flew with all the batteries without a problem and then this problem showed up. I don't think it could be dust, because I always packed it away in the case that's included in the fly more combo. I tried to look at the pins as well and I don't think any of them are bent...

IF they are bent, is that covered by the warranty? I only got the month on the thirteenth this month. (I don't think that they are bent, so I'm just asking.)

2018-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kingdark Posted at 2018-7-17 12:44
That's the thing though, I already flew with all the batteries without a problem and then this problem showed up. I don't think it could be dust, because I always packed it away in the case that's included in the fly more combo. I tried to look at the pins as well and I don't think any of them are bent...

IF they are bent, is that covered by the warranty? I only got the month on the thirteenth this month. (I don't think that they are bent, so I'm just asking.)

You would be able to see if one was bent, have all batteries been updated with FW updates ?
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

I assume so, because I can fly with the other two battery's without a problem. Like I said, I really doubt it's a firmware problem here. Thanks for your replies! and if they weren't up to date, wouldn't the app alert me to this, or would I need the dji assisant to detect this? (also, why can't I edit my earlier posts?)
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

I just wanted to update you on my problem. I tested all three of my batteries after letting them 'rest' for an entire night. And apparently, the problem has disappeared. It doesn't give the error anymore when I tested it this morning. I'm going to go out and fly again, and I'll let you know if it pops up again. If it does though, I think I'm going to call the store and see what they say anyway. I honestly don't want to be afraid of that error popping up every time I use that battery.

Thx for all your replies!
2018-7-18
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

if it is the only battery not acting right, and it is still under warranty, send it back for a new one. Sounds like it is the battery here, from your description of the problem. If it was the quad all batteries would probably produce the same error message. The fact that the other batteries are working tells me it has to be that one pack, and not an issue with the quad. Pitch that pack back to the dealer.
2018-7-18
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

The problem is that it doesn't give me that error anymore. If I go to the shop where I bought the drone, they're going to ask to show them what the problem is. If I can't show them and the error doesn't show up anymore, then they're going to say that there isn't a problem. At least, I think that's what their response is going to be.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kingdark Posted at 2018-7-18 02:52
The problem is that it doesn't give me that error anymore. If I go to the shop where I bought the drone, they're going to ask to show them what the problem is. If I can't show them and the error doesn't show up anymore, then they're going to say that there isn't a problem. At least, I think that's what their response is going to be.

Hi, glad to know that you were able to fix the issue and if this concern occurs again I would suggest contacting our support for further evaluation, in any case, you need to reach our team please see the link below. Thank you.

www.dji.com/service
2018-7-18
Use props
fans1f419c83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3058 ft

I’m having this problem, just posted a couple days ago... DJI is taking care of it but I do have DJI refresh/insurance whatever you want to call it
2018-7-18
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

I would number each battery and only fly the suspect battery in safe places and low to the ground, where you can recover the drone if the battery should suddenly fail.  
2018-7-18
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have got this twice. Just unplugged the battery and reseated it and it was fine. Never got the same error twice in a row.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans1f419c83 Posted at 2018-7-18 15:26
I’m having this problem, just posted a couple days ago... DJI is taking care of it but I do have DJI refresh/insurance whatever you want to call it

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, if ever that we'll be needing to use your DJI care refresh with your scenario then we're going to replace the drone.
2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

fans1f419c83 Posted at 2018-7-18 15:26

If there is a problem with your battery, you won't need to use care refresh. There is a six months/200 charging cycles (whatever comes first) warranty on the batteries.
2018-7-19
Use props
Kamal Nor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307024 ft
Malaysia

My MA was stuck on the 39th floor rooftop for a week. It was there over a week under the strong sun as well as heavy rain. When I managed to got it back, I've got same error with all my 3 batteries. What I did was clean up the battery contact on MA with WD40 and it back to normal. As for your case, maybe you could try to clean it up with WD40 on your problematic battery.
2018-10-1
Use props
djiuser_mrjWDN5XxdRY
New
Flight distance : 62631 ft
France

Hello everyone,

I've just got the issue yesterday after updating the firmware of the drone. I don't know if the problem comes from the update but before it worked perfectly and my two other batteries work fine. Is there anybody having the same issue after updating his firmware ?

Thank You,
2018-10-1
Use props
djiuser_kxDrrr21nxzZ
New

Hi, Please help me to know how did you solve the Problem I'm having the some problem, it has been two days now trying to find a solution. I can still see the battery info in the App but drone can not take off message still there. Everything is updated but still
2019-10-7
Use props
chris.torberg
New

United States

Hi all, I am experiencing this error currently as well.  I have 3 batteries, and only seeing this error on 1 of the batteries.  It is fully clipped in, the firmware is fully updated, I can see battery info in the DJI app (i.e. % battery life remaining).  Lastly, I've tried reconnecting about 5 times, re-charging it fully and then reconnecting hours later and still receive this error.   I bought fly more combo less than 2 months ago.  

Thinking I will contact retailer I purchased from and see if I can exchange, or maybe letting the battery rest for the night and checking tomorrow.  

Mainly frustrated because if you are only able to utilize 2 of 3 batteries, your time to capture footage is cut significantly by 33%.  Could have really used this third battery early this morning to finish shooting.  

Just wanted to see if anyone had any insight or recommendations?

Thanks,
Chris
2020-5-20
Use props
Mountain_Mavic Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 895751 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kingdark Posted at 2018-7-17 10:53
Also, since I can't seem to edit my previous posts for some weird reason, I can confirm that it isn't the firmware. I still have two batteries that work perfectly, but I have barely used the battery so this shouldn't be happening. Do I need to go back to the store where I bought it?

Just take out the battery and put it back in, without turning off the battery.  Just take it out and click back in.
2020-5-20
Use props
JSS_VN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1080351 ft
Vietnam

I have this problem on all 3 of my DJI Mavic Air 2 Batteries. I just got them yesterday and it won't take off.
2020-6-29
Use props
djiuser_EQ8TTaraXksT
New
Kazakhstan

I know this problem, problem is in battery. I will publish the video on youtube in some days, but I spoke in russian in video, but I think you can understand the problem if you watch the video.
2020-8-12
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

I only had this problem with my swollen batteries. Check the inner (drone) side of the battery for any swelling/bulging. A good way to test it is to rest it on a flat surface inner side down. It should sit flat and stable. If it rocks,  then it is time to get rid of it...
2020-8-13
Use props
djiuser_Wb5UanSmC3ze
New

Jamaica

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-7-17 11:09
This msg let you know that your battery is not installed properly onto the aircraft. Just press the battery tight against the aircraft. I have this issue when I got it when new.

Did it work
2020-10-3
Use props
fans86b24741
New

United States

I had the same problem: suddenly, today, after months of use with no problems, 2 batteries started to consistently give the error, 1 worked just fine. Turns out updating the drone firmware fixed the issue. Also, know that DJI says they warranty their batteries for 2 years if you bought them from them and Amazon will warranty them for at least 90 days (refurbished ones) if you buy them through them. I hope that helps!
2023-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules