Battery hub firmware?
22890 20 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

Hi,

I have purchased a Spark battery charging hub and I am having issues with the firmware. Since the upgrade is mentioned in the manual, I thought I'd check if there are any upgrades.

Quote is from the instructions:

Refer to the official website and follow the instructions to update the firmware.
1) Download the latest firmware update program from the official DJI website.
2) Turn on the Charing Hub, then connect it to a computer using a Micro USB cable.
3) Run the firmware update program. Press the update button and wait for the process to finish.

Well I can only assume that `firmware update program`is DJI Assistant, which is already on my PC. Secondly as far as I know the Charging Hub cannot be turned on - only plugged in.
Thirdly, even the powered on and USB connected charging hub does not show up in DJI Assistant.

So I'd be really curious how I could check the hub's firmware version and update it if needed?

Much appreciated in advance.

Thank you.
2018-7-17
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

What does the Firmware update fix?  Figured the hub was pretty dum, other then cut off voltages and such.. but Curious.

and to clarify are we talking about the flat black 3 battery charging huB or something else?
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry about the DJI Spark's battery charging hub. The DJI Spark's battery charging hub does not need any firmware updating. We only update the firmware of the DJI Spark and the DJI Spark's Intelligent Battery using the DJI Assistant 2. Let me post the official DJI link where you can find the specifications of the DJI Spark's battery charging hub.
https://store.dji.com/product/sp ... t-v2&position=0
2018-7-17
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Hungary

Mittens Posted at 2018-7-17 11:48
What does the Firmware update fix?  Figured the hub was pretty dum, other then cut off voltages and such.. but Curious.

Hi,

I have no clue, I was just curious as I have seen  it in the manual
2018-7-17
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-17 11:50
Hi. Thank you for the inquiry about the DJI Spark's battery charging hub. The DJI Spark's battery charging hub does not need any firmware updating. We only update the firmware of the DJI Spark and the DJI Spark's Intelligent Battery using the DJI Assistant 2. Let me post the official DJI link where you can find the specifications of the DJI Spark's battery charging hub.
https://store.dji.com/product/spark-battery-charging-hub?from=search-result-v2&position=0

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

Can you please let me know then why is it in the manual in 13 different languages? Photo below.

Cheers
FB_IMG_15318937909630763.jpg
2018-7-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It is "for the future ability" to do a firmware upgrade on that charger, I got told about 10 month ago.
The manual is just ahead of it.
2018-7-17
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Jimbo, Maybe it is Used as Alternative for Updating the Spare Batteries ?
2018-7-18
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-18 01:59
Jimbo, Maybe it is Used as Alternative for Updating the Spare Batteries ?

Hi,

I think they just wanted to leave the door open for firmware updates, in case it would be needed in the future

It is a bit misleading, but the internet helps to clarify

Cheers
2018-7-18
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JimboHUN Posted at 2018-7-18 10:48
Hi,

I think they just wanted to leave the door open for firmware updates, in case it would be needed in the future

I agree Jimbo, it could be as you say.

2018-7-18
Use props
GoatGuy
lvl.1

Australia

I just wasted 10 minutes trying to follow the instructions in the manual as per screenshot above only to find out via a forum post that there is no firmware update for the charging hub. If you're going to print instructions quoting a link then just put a page/note behind that link to tell people "No firmware update required for the charging hub at this time".  That would be a much better customer experience than what I just had.
2018-12-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry about the DJI Spark's battery charging hub. The DJI Spark's battery charging hub does not need any firmware updating. We only update the firmware of the DJI Spark and the DJI Spark's Intelligent Battery using the DJI Assistant 2. Let me post the official DJI link where you can find the specifications of the DJI Spark's battery charging hub.
https://store.dji.com/product/spark-battery-charging-hub?from=search-result-v2&position=0

How do you upgrade the firmware of the batteries?
2019-5-24
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 5-24 18:06

I stick the battery in the aircraft and use DJI Assistant, I think I've also used DJI Go.
2019-5-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jyc Posted at 5-25 03:07
I stick the battery in the aircraft and use DJI Assistant, I think I've also used DJI Go.

If it doesn't ask to battery update then the battery is good?
2019-5-25
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 5-25 08:20
If it doesn't ask to battery update then the battery is good?

The message you get when the batteries need updating is "Firmware inconsistencies", if you get no such message in DJI Go then you're all good.
2019-5-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jyc Posted at 5-25 10:02
The message you get when the batteries need updating is "Firmware inconsistencies", if you get no such message in DJI Go then you're all good.

I had a firmware inconsistency update request while In-flight with Mavic 2 Zoom.  I cancelled it of course.  It updated the controller too.  I don't think it had anything to do w/ the battery.  My procedure is to update w/ the controller and drone at full charge.  Then I firmware refresh both on the PC then calibrate IMU at home then compass in some wide open field w/ no compass interference.  I think if I do everything separate Before activation the micro inconsistencies of different components maybe ruin something mid flight.
2019-5-25
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 5-25 10:15
I had a firmware inconsistency update request while In-flight with Mavic 2 Zoom.  I cancelled it of course.  It updated the controller too.  I don't think it had anything to do w/ the battery.  My procedure is to update w/ the controller and drone at full charge.  Then I firmware refresh both on the PC then calibrate IMU at home then compass in some wide open field w/ no compass interference.  I think if I do everything separate Before activation the micro inconsistencies of different components maybe ruin something mid flight.

I'm not sure I can follow your train of thought here but if you get no more messages regarding firmware you're all set.
2019-5-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jyc Posted at 5-25 10:02

Spot on advice - the firmware inconsistent pop up in the app relates to the battery FW needing to be aligned to the FW on the drone.
2019-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AntDX316 Posted at 5-24 18:06

Hello and good day AntDX316. To update the batteries of your drone all you need to do is to insert the intelligent flight batteries on the said drone. In addition DJI Assistant 2 is the method used to update the batteries, the fact that the DJI Go 4 Application is showing 'inconsistent firmware found' is the systems way of telling him the battery firmware needs updating. Thank you.
2019-5-26
Use props
SuperPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240 ft

Greece

In the Official User Guide booklet (found inside Spark's box) is written that a Firmware Update can in fact be performed. And also otherwise what's the purpose of the Hub having a micro-usb port for connecting it to a PC?
2019-6-24
Use props
Ammonation-
New
United States

jyc Posted at 2019-5-25 03:07

How do you upgrade the battery if it doesn't have a charge? One of my batteries have a charge, but the other one doesn't on the hub. If I put the battery in the drone to charge it, the first two leds blink every second for 4 seconds, then a delay, then the cycle repeats...
2020-5-9
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Canada

Ammonation- Posted at 5-9 15:08
How do you upgrade the battery if it doesn't have a charge? One of my batteries have a charge, but the other one doesn't on the hub. If I put the battery in the drone to charge it, the first two leds blink every second for 4 seconds, then a delay, then the cycle repeats...

I think there may be a problem with that battery.
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules