Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controlling the S series - I am a newb
996 8 2015-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello guys,  I am over at the inpire 1 forum and I am enjoying my bird. However I have always been intruiged by the S series.
What controllers are use to fly an S900 for instance? does it have "FPV" capabilites like the inspire? Does it use an App on a tablet?

This seems to be a more profesional platflorm, so it should allow me to controll the gimbal and take photos ect?  I am very lost as you can tell so any information would be very helpful.
THanks.

2015-5-21
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

i use a futaba 14sg radio on my s920.
you can add on the lightbridge to give you HD video to your smart device, either android or IOs. the apps are in the relative stores/
2015-5-25
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

so I can use any transmitter I want it seems.
2015-5-26
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Guys I have another question regarding camera live feed. I was told I can buy light bridge and use a tablet with an app?
I am looking at an S900 setup for photogrammetery and having GPS tags on the photos is important. How is this achieved with such setup?
2015-5-31
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone please help and answer my question?
2015-6-12
Use props
hmarnold
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

With Lightbridge, the normal video output is a mini HDMI port, so you can display the video downlink on anything that accepts a HDMI signal.

I use my S1000+/A2 system mostly for photogrammetry, and I use a Lilliput 7 inch display for the live feed.

There is a USB port on the Lightbridge, and there is documentation and several posts on this forum about people using that with a phone or tablet as the display device.

To program the photogrammetry mission pre-flight, I use a Windows tablet that will run the PC Ground Station Windows app. My favorite computer for this is a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 because of its small size.
2015-6-13
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hmarnold, is there a way to contact you offline. I have some questions and with your experience I am sure you can guide me in the right direction.
I appreciate your input so far.
2015-6-13
Use props
hmarnold
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

HMArnold*msn.com
2015-6-13
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4