Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Epic Lighthouse
957 0 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nucmanchh
lvl.4

The one thing I wish I could change about travel photography is the gear problem. It’s always a haul because I take it all and I refuse to check any of my gear. I carry it and would recommend the same for all travel photographers (do not check rechargeable lithium ion batteries they should always be carried in your carry-on baggage)

I add the DJI Spark to my camera gear a couple of years ago and purchased a good carry case for it. A must!

When I arrive at my destination I have a pretty good idea of the one or two places I want to take drone photos. I go to the site the day before to scout the location. I look for angles and the height I want to fly and I frame the composition in my mind. All of this is important. Planning ahead is an absolute mandatory for me

I charge the two batteries the night before. Sometime I don’t fly my drone for a week or two and the batteries tend to lose some of their charge when they sit. So always charge the batteries.

Take your drone photos in the morning or evening for the best light. The pic you’re looking at was taken at 6:30am. I scouted it the day before at 6:30am because I wanted to see the light & shadows in the area at that time.

I never fly the drone out of my sight. Never! I don’t need to. I have decided the day before where to send my drone up and the height I need to climb. All that is determined during my scouting visit the day before. The height I send my drone up varies with each location

The photo is of the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse in Ponce Inlet Florida

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2018-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules