IPAD AIR 1, ENOUGH FOR SPARK AND 4.2.22???
2620 8 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi all.
Im thinking about buying an ipad air 1 so that i can see better the flights, BUT since dji has aaall these issues with device compatibility that im afraid to get it, because its from 2013 and maybe it doesnt have enough horsepower to run dji go 4. (4.2.22)
Is anybody outhere flying with ipad air 1 on the latest app version for ios?
Safe Flying
Alex B.
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for the information that you have shared. I would suggest using the recommended mobile device for your DJI Spark for compatibility purposes. Just for reference, I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Spark.

2018-7-17
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Thank you but as you can see it says for v4.2.12 but im interested in compatibility of ipad air1 with the latest 4.2.22 because you can not downgrade the app version, like you can do on android, OR CAN YOU DOWNGRADE THE APP VERSION ON IOS???
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-17 15:34
Thank you but as you can see it says for v4.2.12 but im interested in compatibility of ipad air1 with the latest 4.2.22 because you can not downgrade the app version, like you can do on android, OR CAN YOU DOWNGRADE THE APP VERSION ON IOS???

Hi, unfortunately, we are advising our customer to downgrade the version of the app regardless if it's an android or iOs and if ever that you're using a compatible device then it should work perfectly with our application because we're maintaining the stability of the app as well and the latest iOs version of the phone.
2018-7-18
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

your advising against using the ios 4.2.22?
2018-7-18
Use props
Bluedot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218471 ft
Germany

Hi,

I am using an iPad mini 2 to fly the Spark with the newest 4.2.22 App Version. It works perfectly fine. The iPad mini 2 and the IPad Air (1. Generation) share the same hardware specs. Both devices are from the year 2013 and both have the Apple A7 System on a Chip. Please check Wikipedia on this. Also both iPads do still support the most up to date iOS Version 11.4.1.

So, Go for it and have fun.

The only thing to remember is, that the iPad Air is to big to attach it to the RC in landscape orientation — that is why am using my IPad mini 2
2018-7-18
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Thanks. I think that you can buy an ipad holder to hold it how you want to
If its wifi only then i will only need to pass wifi from my phone(4g) for the maps to work??? Yes?
2018-7-18
Use props
Bluedot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218471 ft
Germany

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-18 13:11
Thanks. I think that you can buy an ipad holder to hold it how you want to
If its wifi only then i will only need to pass wifi from my phone(4g) for the maps to work??? Yes?

To be honest, I have never tried this. I am not sure if the iPad can handle 2 WiFi connections at the same time. One to the RC for receiving the live view and telemetry and the second receiving internet data for the maps. I am always flying without the live maps..
2018-7-18
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Im thinking of using otg between ac and phone, and wifi from phone to ipad for the live maps.
Safe Flying ;)
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules