Mavic Air problem, ran into a lot of issues trying to get support
601 6 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc68b6a6e
lvl.1
United States

So, the other day my Mavic Air ran into the (common?) processor overheat issue when booting up. Sucks, but it's under warranty so shouldn't be a problem. I've managed to talk to support and created a repair, but I ran into quite a few issues trying to get support. The tech I spoke to recommended that I post this on the forums since the DJI moderators would probably have better luck getting these to the appropriate bug tracking systems:

• I initially tried to get support via the DJI Go (iOS) app since I'm signed in etc in there. Unfortunately, when you try to get to support it does not localize and sends you to the site in Chinese. I am registered as a US user and coming from a US IP so this seems to be an unfortunate oversight and means that the support/contact link in the app is pretty much useless for most of the users?
  • OK, next up a direct visit to the site and trying the online contact form. It launches up quick and I can get into chat quickly. Great! Unfortunately, in both Chrome and Firefox, I am not able to type into the chatbox. Popping up the console seems to show that some of the code is busted:
    ready ready::::
    chatlib_183a6d2.js:6  15:58:05.729 Exception during execution of listener Object Object  TypeError: Cannot read property 'chatBoxInnerAdType' of undefined
        at Object.setInnerAD (chat_709cf20.js:5)
        at r.<anonymous> (chatlib_183a6d2.js:15)
        at t.UTIL.publish (chatlib_183a6d2.js:10)
        at t.selfMsg (chatlib_183a6d2.js:12)
        at m (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at v (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at Z (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at tt (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at org.cometd.CometD.It (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at t.onSuccess (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
  • OK fine, it's during working hours, I can call and play the waiting game I guess. I wait for 6 callers ahead of me, and then I finally get to the head of the queue - I get a pickup dialtone and then... am promptly disconnected! OK, there's probably no bug to file here, just venting frustration here. Maybe the bug is that the repeating onhold jingle is beyond awful and they should take your callback number when you call in. Anyway, after a second call I was able to be successfully transferred over to a live person.
  • I'm led through the repair/return process - I have DJI Refresh Care, but in the form, I am unable to uncheck that and am told to manually put it in the description that this is a regular warranty service not a Refresh request (otherwise apparently I'd be charged for a replacement from what's obviously a manufacturing defect)

Anyway, just posting this so that hopefully most of these issues can get fixed. A few of these seem like pretty serious problems with the support pipeline and seem to make life a lot harder than it should be for both users and support (eg, if the online chat worked, I assume it'd be more efficient/cheaper/better for everyone).

2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for the hassles in contacting our support team, your experience will be forwarded to the appropriate team for attention, we will keep optimizing our system to make you have a better experience. You can also contact us if you need any further support.
2018-7-17
Use props
clallemand2
New

Germany

• OK, next up a direct visit to the site and trying the online contact form. It launches up quick and I can get into chat quickly. Great! Unfortunately, in both Chrome and Firefox, I am not able to type into the chatbox. Popping up the console seems to show that some of the code is busted:
    ready ready::::
    chatlib_183a6d2.js:6  15:58:05.729 Exception during execution of listener Object Object  TypeError: Cannot read property 'chatBoxInnerAdType' of undefined
        at Object.setInnerAD (chat_709cf20.js:5)
        at r.<anonymous> (chatlib_183a6d2.js:15)
        at t.UTIL.publish (chatlib_183a6d2.js:10)
        at t.selfMsg (chatlib_183a6d2.js:12)
        at m (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at v (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at Z (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at tt (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at org.cometd.CometD.It (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)
        at t.onSuccess (chatlib_183a6d2.js:6)

Same Problem for me, I can't contact CS via chat neither with chrome nor with firefox
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

clallemand2 Posted at 2018-8-29 04:05
Same Problem for me, I can't contact CS via chat neither with chrome nor with firefox

Hi clallemand2, sorry to hear that, is there any error code or error message in the online chat page? Any chance to post a screenshot here?
2018-8-29
Use props
fansbe6017ec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110171 ft
Poland

It's still hapenning with your chat. Ubuntu 18.04, chrome and firefox.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbe6017ec Posted at 2018-10-11 23:50
It's still hapenning with your chat. Ubuntu 18.04, chrome and firefox.
[view_image]

Hi there, sorry to hear that, just to verify, you were unable to type anything in the chat right?
2018-10-12
Use props
snekfpv
lvl.1

Germany

Are you guys serious? I have revive this thread because apparently this ... has not been fixed in two years. I'm getting the same error.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules