Mavic Pro keeps disconnecting from Go 4 app
13579 11 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GigaPano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103780 ft
Mexico

Hey guys, my pretty much brand new Mavic Pro keeps disconnecting from the DJI Go 4 app. It’s incredibly frustrating since it started happening out of nowhere. The drone has been treated with care and all cables are less than a month old.

Sometimes I lose video feed mid-flight, and am forced to bring the drone back. When I restart the app I get video feed for about 2 seconds before it disconnects again. If I restart either the drone or the RC, or even all 3 components, the same thing happens. Sometimes it will randomly work for 2-3 minutes and then it will disconnect again.

I’m using an iPhone 6s Plus with both app and firmware up to date. I got a SanDisk extreme 64gb micro SD on the aircraft with about 60% capacity left (it was formatted through the DJI app). Also as I’ve mentioned, the cables are pretty much out of the box.

I’ve found similar threads but they all come from Android users who were recommended to switch over to iOS, so I’m dumbfounded. Any help appreciated!
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GigaPano, sorry for the troubles with Mavic Pro, may I have the iOS version of your iPhone first?
2018-7-17
Use props
GigaPano
lvl.1
Mexico

I just noticed I had iOS 11.3.1, I’ve  updated to 11.4.1. I’ve also reinstalled the Go 4 app. Will post updates once I run some tests!
2018-7-17
Use props
GigaPano
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-17 18:15
GigaPano, sorry for the troubles with Mavic Pro, may I have the iOS version of your iPhone first?

I've updated to iOS 11.4.1, checked the firmware on my Mavic is up to date, and formatted the SD card through the DJI app. The problem still persists. I will try with another phone, I'm really hoping it's an issue with my iPhone instead of the aircraft.
2018-7-19
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Also, if you can, try another cable with the 2nd USB port on the controller?
2018-7-19
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

GigaPano Posted at 2018-7-19 10:53
I've updated to iOS 11.4.1, checked the firmware on my Mavic is up to date, and formatted the SD card through the DJI app. The problem still persists. I will try with another phone, I'm really hoping it's an issue with my iPhone instead of the aircraft.

Hi.

I've had the same problem with the included cable going to the side USB port. (Also using 6S Plus) The app would disconnect randomly from the controller
One thing that helped, was to clean the lightning port on the phone - lint tends to accumulate there causing bad connection. Try using a blower.
Now I am actually using a coiled USB to lightning cable, connecting to the the second USB port and the problem, went away completely.
2018-7-19
Use props
GigaPano
lvl.1
Mexico

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-7-19 11:20
Hi.

I've had the same problem with the included cable going to the side USB port. (Also using 6S Plus) The app would disconnect randomly from the controller

I had my phone serviced yesterday so the port is completely clean. I did try your suggestion with a coiled USB to lightning and so far so good. Must've kicked something inside the RC too because when I switched back to the side port everything seemed to work fine. It makes me a bit sad I had to resort to using a third party cable on the bottom port, I wish the side port was more reliable. Either way, you're a life saver! Hopefully this solution sticks because it was driving me up the wall.
2018-7-19
Use props
GigaPano
lvl.1
Mexico

theothernt Posted at 2018-7-19 11:13
Also, if you can, try another cable with the 2nd USB port on the controller?

I just did and so far so good!
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GigaPano Posted at 2018-7-19 11:57
I just did and so far so good!

That's great to know, kindly remove the other cable on the left side if you're using the other USB port to avoid confusion to the RC. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-7-19
Use props
MXGIRL_75
lvl.1

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-19 12:12
That's great to know, kindly remove the other cable on the left side if you're using the other USB port to avoid confusion to the RC. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.

I have seen the same behavior where MP2 with the stock cable on the RC to the lightning connector on my iPhone 8+ in the Go 4 app it show disconnected. No matter what I did it did not connect.. So I took my standard iPhone charging cable and connected it via the USB on the controller, bam connected immediately. This is not good,
2019-9-14
Use props
djiuser_dN7ugxYjTEB4
New

Australia

I have the same problem, connect disables all the time! I have tried my usb cable to usb to iPhone and that does not recognise anything. It recognises only short cable to the side of the RC . It looks connected to the RC then disconnects to aircraft. I have an iPhone 10 very frustrating.
2022-2-26
Use props
djiuser_BkCyQ7csA9u4
New

United States

I found that I have to use a different cable when using an I Pad. I currently use a 10g, 100w 3 foot cable bought on amazon. I fly 30 times a month and have no issues since replaced. DJI needs to recognise this and make a faster cable for ipad use. The current cable they have is only good for 480MGPS. It is not enough to supply the new ipads.
2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules