Anyone sending theirs back, terrible having to use IR ON SONY A7I...
625 5 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spmedia
lvl.1

have had the ronin s for 2 hours sending back tomorrow , shame on dji for using the ir to record and stop, it works about 10 percent of the time looks cheesy, Please don’t say its a sony thing , i also have the crane 2 , with dual handle and remote works perfect,
I really was stepping up so i could run my sony fs5 on the ronin s
Sony cameras are absolutely dominating the market how a company like dji doesn’t make sony a priority is bad business.
Going back in the morning regretfully

2018-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Update the firmware and IR will work just fine.
2018-7-17
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Works ok with A7ii and firmware update. Hope to get USB support someday, but I think it's more about Sony.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Spmedia, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Ronin-S, the post in 2# is from our engineers, could you please update the firmware to the latest version and try again? Our engineers are working on developing the USB control, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-7-18
Use props
djiuser_u1fioz8UrNqU
lvl.3
United States

escore Posted at 2018-7-18 00:07
Works ok with A7ii and firmware update. Hope to get USB support someday, but I think it's more about Sony.

I don't think USB support depends on Sony.  The USB protocol and commands for Sony cameras are well known and haven't changed for years.  There are many 3rd party USB controllers for these cameras.  It is just DJI working through their control firmware to make it work with the Ronin S.
2018-7-18
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

IR dont work in strong sunlight...
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules