Force Pro + Ronin-S - HOW TO PAIR!?
2742 4 2018-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamjrichman
lvl.2
United States

I have a Force Pro and a Ronin-S sitting on my desk and a mess of cables and literally no idea how to get these to talk to each other... it took over an hour just to get the right app to activate this thing. It doesn't appear that the proper cables came with this? Where/how do I plug in this? Do I need this receiver? Can it talk to the Ronin-S without it? How does this mount on the Ronin-S? It looks like there are two female M4 ports.. that seems like it will not work at all.. One firmware update for the receiver worked but the second firmware update for the Force Pro fails every time...
There is not a single tutorial on the internet.. no Youtube video.. no guide. The user manual is useless.. Ugh.
Screenshot_5.png
2018-7-17
Use props
JonathanEngl
New

Austria

The Updates doesn't work for me too.
For the Connection, you need the CAN Cable for the Ronin-MX and then it works.
But the controls are inverted and the knobs aren't really working either.

For Mounting, I have really no idea, where it would make sense.
The only thing to do now, is sending DJI an EMail and/or waiting till they get it fixed.
2018-7-19
Use props
Marty_Smith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21768 ft
New Zealand

You need CAN cable for Ronin-MX/SRW-60G(part 7) to connect the receiver to the Ronin. Then pair the receiver to the Force by holding down the bind button for a few seconds... then go to bind in the Force. As Jonathan says, axes are reversed and speed adjustments not functioning. Just attach with some Velcro.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

JonathanEngl Posted at 2018-7-19 01:59
The Updates doesn't work for me too.
For the Connection, you need the CAN Cable for the Ronin-MX and then it works.
But the controls are inverted and the knobs aren't really working either.

DJI had a server problem for the update download yesterday. It is fixed now.
2018-7-20
Use props
adamjrichman
lvl.2
United States

Disclaimer: rant.

Ok so just to be clear, you sold a $1,200 product without an $8 cable!? Can you see how your users might find that to be completely outrageous? PLEASE INCLUDE THIS CABLE. Not having the necessary tools to function (as advertised) rendered this entire setup (Ronin-S + Force Pro) utterly useless for a shoot this week. Wasted an entire day prepping it only to have it sit on the bench and never get used. Outrageous.. And I'm sorry, but you're suggesting the proper way to affix these two objects - both of which are sold by DJI - is to *velcro* them together!? Forgive the tone but this just seems completely absurd to me on both accounts.

Plus there's the fact that a user cannot power an external follow focus motor or a Teradek because no 4-pin cables were released with the product and no public pin-out exists for us to make our own easily... Why on earth would one choose a random, arbitrary cable type, instead of an industry standard like p-tap!? It's not even like you're making money on the 4-pin cable! They're $8! I'd have paid $100 more for the entire gimbal if DJI had just given me a proper power connection to use. Instead I'll have to buy a $200 cable just to make this device useful (at least in a professional setting where wireless video is required). That's nearly 30% the price of the gimbal - for a cable - because of a glaring design oversight. Ugh.
2018-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules