Huawei M3 8 Lite
1702 11 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Is there anyone that has used or is using the Huawei M3 8 Lite tablet with DJI GO?

RAM: 3GB
ROM: 32GB
Screen: 8"
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, there's a possibility that it will work fine with your Mavic air however we cannot guarantee if you can use all the features and functionality on the APP. Should you want to get optimum results, I suggest that you use a supported device. I will attach the list of devices below. If you have another concern, please let us know.

2018-7-18
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-18 05:18
Hi, there's a possibility that it will work fine with your Mavic air however we cannot guarantee if you can use all the features and functionality on the APP. Should you want to get optimum results, I suggest that you use a supported device. I will attach the list of devices below. If you have another concern, please let us know.
[view_image]

Thank you for your quick reply.

However some of the devices (more than half) in the list have been discontinued, are not available in my/other country or close to the cost of the Mavic Air which really makes it impossible to own and that is why many pilots are running DJI GO on other devices.

However if the requirements/specifications are clearly set out then a person will be free and capable to buy devices that are available and cost effective for their country and not restricted to preferred Chinese manufactures such as eg. Samsung etc.  

Let me again give an example of a more useful statement of parameters or specifications.

RAM: 2GB/3GB or 4GB
ROM: 16GB/32GB or 64GB
Screen resolution, etc.

What is so difficult about providing such specifications?
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-7-18 12:08
Thank you for your quick reply.

However some of the devices (more than half) in the list have been discontinued, are not available in my/other country or close to the cost of the Mavic Air which really makes it impossible to own and that is why many pilots are running DJI GO on other devices.

Hi, thanks for the response, we perfectly understand your point, however, we have to test the unit first to ensure the stability of our app while using this with a specific mobile device and our app might work with some mobile device due to the capability of the phone, it's our app needs to be compatible with high end mobile devices  and due to lots of high-end mobile devices that release in market every month or year it's really hard for us to check those devices to determine if it will work with our applications. Rest assured that your idea will be forwarded to our R&D engineers for consideration.
2018-7-18
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-18 16:52
Hi, thanks for the response, we perfectly understand your point, however, we have to test the unit first to ensure the stability of our app while using this with a specific mobile device and our app might work with some mobile device due to the capability of the phone, it's our app needs to be compatible with high end mobile devices  and due to lots of high-end mobile devices that release in market every month or year it's really hard for us to check those devices to determine if it will work with our applications. Rest assured that your idea will be forwarded to our R&D engineers for consideration.

Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply. It is appreciated.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-7-19 10:27
Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply. It is appreciated.

Thanks for your understanding, rest assured that we will keep improving our apps to provide more option when terms of phone compatibility.
2018-7-19
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-19 10:35
Thanks for your understanding, rest assured that we will keep improving our apps to provide more option when terms of phone compatibility.

2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_zv5dpUxuEJqG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 311890 ft
United States

I also have a Huawei M3. Did you get yours to work or buy something else?
2019-2-24
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

djiuser_zv5dpUxuEJqG Posted at 2-24 13:21

In the end I bought a XIAOMI REDMI 5 Plus and use it exclusively for flying my Mavic Air.  It works very well for me.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_zv5dpUxuEJqG Posted at 2-24 13:20

Hi, we're sorry that the mobile device is still not available at the moment. Please check the latest compatibility devices list using the link below. We do appreciate your understanding.

2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_zv5dpUxuEJqG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 311890 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-25 11:27
Hi, we're sorry that the mobile device is still not available at the moment. Please check the latest compatibility devices list using the link below. We do appreciate your understanding.

[view_image]

Does the iPad mini 4 need a cellular or just wifi?
Thanks
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_zv5dpUxuEJqG Posted at 3-21 09:46
Does the iPad mini 4 need a cellular or just wifi?
Thanks

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Having a cellular data or wi-fi connection is not necessary for as long as the device is compatible you should be able to maximize the usage of your drone. Thank you for understanding.
2019-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules