Issues with new Phantom 3 advanced
2594 11 2015-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chase45
lvl.1

United States

Alright, so out of the box the power cord was bad, whatever, that was a simple fix going to best buy as the wall power cord is a universal type thing. Other than being highly frustrating it was another 15 bucks out of my pocket just to get things going.

Now Im running into more issues. I checked the firmware to make sure it was current, based on the DJI app and it being connected to the aircraft it was.

Then I get a warning message saying video decoder encryption error,

Below that it says to contact DJI and to send back for repair.

I reboot and that message goes away. Took it out for a flight and everything was great.

Get home and start downloading all my content from the flight. I then get the video encryption error yet again, along with a warning that the aircraft needs an update. Okay no problem.

Download the new firmware and try to upload it to the aircraft only to have nothing happen. I check the text on the sd card and it says that it has aborted due to firmware being current on the aircraft.

Im at a loss as what to do. The aircraft functions perfectly other than displaying these issues.

Any advice?
2015-5-21
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think your Phantom has been tampered with. Return it and get a new one.
2015-5-21
Use props
chase45
lvl.1

United States

classicalle@gma Posted at 2015-5-22 02:31
I think your Phantom has been tampered with. Return it and get a new one.

Any way I could just hard reboot the software?

Theres no damage to the aircraft and it flys great. Box was sealed. Still had all the plastic on it

just these warnings keep popping up.

I really don't want to wait in line again when it seems to just be software issues that are not even effecting performance of the unit
2015-5-21
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

chase45 Posted at 2015-5-22 02:38
Any way I could just hard reboot the software?

Theres no damage to the aircraft and it flys great ...

Try reinstalling the app. Make sure your controller is off when updating your phantom.
2015-5-21
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

I had the issue with updating the firmware.   I downloaded the newest firmware and began to upload it.   I checked the SD card and it aborted stating the aircraft and rc was current.

I was using a Samsung 7" tab when I began.

I started the process over using my Droid Turbo for the DJI Pilot app.   Everything went smooth.  Not sure why.  Took my initial flight after that, with no issues since.   But, it's only been a day.
2015-5-21
Use props
chase45
lvl.1

United States

Yea Im having zero issues flying the unit.

Flys perfect.

But I have those two warnings.
2015-5-21
Use props
cascadeflyer
lvl.2

United States

Are you certain your using the latest firmware and app? http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
If your on android you can not use the app from the play store. Download it direct from DJI.
After ensuring that I would also do a full IMU/Gimball/and controller calibration.
Then do a new compass calibration away from ALL metal. And see what happens. If that does not help you may have to send it in?
2015-5-21
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

This error warning represents a hardware malfunction, related to the Remote Controller. I recommend you to contact support and send it back.
2015-5-21
Use props
chase45
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-22 10:24
This error warning represents a hardware malfunction, related to the Remote Controller. I recommend  ...

Who do I need to contact specifically.

Pretty lame to drop 1k on a product to have it not work correctly out of the box
2015-5-21
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

chase45 Posted at 2015-5-22 12:50
Who do I need to contact specifically.

Pretty lame to drop 1k on a product to have it not work co ...

Contact your dealer or LA support team.
Sorry again for the incovenience..
2015-5-21
Use props
chase45
lvl.1

United States

Looks like theres a new update out,

I guess that wouldn't fix my issue would it?

How long will it take to receive a replacement? Or could I just send the controller in and get another coming my way?
2015-5-22
Use props
Mklllrose.aol
lvl.1

United States

chase45 Posted at 2015-5-22 22:20
Looks like theres a new update out,

I guess that wouldn't fix my issue would it?

Chase45 mine had same hardware issue. I contacted  dji Cali however they didn't respond in a timely fashion, so I contacted dji china for help it cost me over 120 dollars to ship it back however that's their return policy (not Happy about that) the Day they received it they shipped out a new one. I'm still waiting for it to arrive should be this week. Mine also fly and took photos and video fine but like you after shelling out 1400 buck I want no issues with it!
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules