DJI Assistant 2
2850 11 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

I am attempting to install DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows 10 PC.
I ran into a prompt asking me if I want to install this device software.
The publisher is written in Chinese. I will not allow this unless the publisher is at least shown in English.
No English....No install.

2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. May I know if the prompt message is asking you to install the software drivers? Can you please provide a screenshot on that prompt message that you are receiving?
2018-7-18
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

I had the same Chinese message, but I installed it nevertheless. I have a strong antivirus and a great anti-spyware. No problems so far.
2018-7-18
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

2018-7-18
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hey Chuck101, what's happened?

"Chuck Norris doesn’t use web standards as the web will conform to him"
2018-7-18
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Got my Spark over a year ago...same message then, too...made in China means some messages in Chinese, I guess.  I clicked Install and had no problems.  On the otherhand, who knows what's lurking on my PC!!!
2018-7-18
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

To be fair, that's the publisher's name there, it probably means "DJI put together in a hurry software company limited".
2018-7-18
Use props
Anbidan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9872 ft
Argentina

I've got curious about what says there, so I've put that in google translate (I've used the google translates capacity of scaning pictures using the screenshot you sent). There says "Shenzhen Dajiang Innovation Technology Co., Ltd.". DJI is a chinese company, I think it's normal that you can see thinks written in chinese. I've installed DJI Assistant in January (when I bought my Spark) and I haven't had any issues since then, my computer works flawlessly (more or less) as it did before. I don't think there's nothing harmfull there.

Good luck
2018-7-18
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

I went ahead and completed the installation. Went OK.
I do think DJI should be a little more forthcoming and let us know of all these third party vendors that are going to be dropping software on our system BEFORE they pop up as an unknown to us company.
Just my 2 cents worth.
2018-7-18
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-7-18 08:08
I went ahead and completed the installation. Went OK.
I do think DJI should be a little more forthcoming and let us know of all these third party vendors that are going to be dropping software on our system BEFORE they pop up as an unknown to us company.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Established to produce DJI’s innovative products safely and responsibly, our wholly owned subsidiary Shenzhen Dajiang Baiwang Technology Co., Ltd. is a high-tech manufacturing facility specializing in unmanned aerial vehicles. In 2016, Dajiang Baiwang passed the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification and in 2017 passed the SGS ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System Certification.

https://www.dji.com/company
2018-7-18
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

libusb-win32  is a pretty standard usb driver... if you are that paranoid, you could probably look around and find one in English that would work.
2018-7-18
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

LouisP Posted at 2018-7-18 11:58
libusb-win32  is a pretty standard usb driver... if you are that paranoid, you could probably look around and find one in English that would work.

Did you not see the above where installation was completed?
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules