Safety Notifications
1289 14 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

When starting the DJI GO 4 software and are ready to fly I get this "Safety Notifications" overlay. The ONLY thing I can get it to do is access a DJI GO App Terms of Use which is 100 pages of legal garbage. Well, it may not be 100 pages but your battery would be close to dead by the time you read all of it.

At any rate, how do you dismiss that Safety Notication display? The "Yes" target at the bottom of the display does nothing.
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. There's a checkbox next to the "I agree ... notification". It's hard to see outdoors, just look for a small blue circle. Tap it and then tap Yes. I hope this will help.
2018-7-18
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Hard to see in the sunlight!!!
2018-7-18
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

No help at all. Standard mode changed nothing. There is no "I agree...." statement anywhere. The blue dot only produces the 100 page document described above.
2018-7-18
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Maybe you have stubby fingers and you still push "yes". I'm not being condescending or anything, some people have this problem with touchscreens.
2018-7-18
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-7-18 07:32
No help at all. Standard mode changed nothing. There is no "I agree...." statement anywhere. The blue dot only produces the 100 page document described above.

I hit "downvote" instead of reply, now you have a downvote.

Try scrolling to the end of the 100 pages, then the "I agree " might show up.
2018-7-18
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

Looked at the bottom of the 100 page...nothing to check there at all. There is no "downvote" anywhere either. As I stated the blue circle get the 100 page doc. Touch screen are not new to me I handle the just fine. Occasionally the Safetly notification will go away on its own. There IS NO PREDICTABLE SEQUENCE that will make it go away. Common sense tells me the "Yes" SHOULD dismiss the notice.
By some of the responses I see on this thread there must be diffent versions of this app floating around. Many of the "do this..." items described here do not appear on my version. iOS /DJI GO 4 v4.2.22 (3162)
2018-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-7-18 07:46
Looked at the bottom of the 100 page...nothing to check there at all. There is no "downvote" anywhere either. As I stated the blue circle get the 100 page doc. Touch screen are not new to me I handle the just fine. Occasionally the Safetly notification will go away on its own. There IS NO PREDICTABLE SEQUENCE that will make it go away. Common sense tells me the "Yes" SHOULD dismiss the notice.
By some of the responses I see on this thread there must be diffent versions of this app floating around. Many of the "do this..." items described here do not appear on my version. iOS /DJI GO 4 v4.2.22 (3162)

Just to verify, are you using an iOS device? Can you please try to go to iOS settings, Display & Brightness, DISPLAY ZOOM, switch to Standard under view, it will be fixed. Also, please try to take off the drone, hover it at a low altitude and restart the app again. Please do keep an eye on the control when you are doing this. If you have further concern, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-7-18
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

Natalia, if you had kept up with the contents of this thread you would be aware those things have already been addressed. Nothing has improved this issue.
2018-7-18
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

You have to tick the little blue circle on the first screen and then click OK..  It is very hard to see especially outside in the sun.  We have all been there.  See Rustic17' picture above.
2018-7-18
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

After EXTENSIVE poking, prodding, coercing and fiddling I was finally able to establish how this is SUPPOSED to work.
1. Safety Notification box is displayed.
2. Touch the blue circle and a check mark appears in the circle.
3. Touch "Yes" and the notification goes away.

However this is what happens 95% of the time:
2. Touch blue circle and the  DJI GO App Terms of Use box appears
3. Touch the "<" symbol on the terms of use and you are back to step 1
4. Now in and endless loop. Touching "Yes" does nothing.l
2018-7-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-7-19 02:51
After EXTENSIVE poking, prodding, coercing and fiddling I was finally able to establish how this is SUPPOSED to work.
2. Touch the blue circle and a check mark appears in the circle.

What iOS- phone are you using, please?
2018-7-19
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-7-19 04:57
What iOS- phone are you using, please?

iPhone 7 Plus
2018-7-19
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Do you have another iOS at hand for testing?
Or an android?
2018-7-19
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

I do not have another iOS. I do have an Android at home but not with me. I can try it next Tuesday.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules