Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List Update (2018.09.20 Update)
39033 11706 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martyw
lvl.1

Hi

I have upgraded my Ronin-S firmware to 1.4.0.30 but when I do the deadband pan seems to be very unreponsive. I have adjusted each user 1,2,3 to have a LOW deadband so it responds quickly but the movement requireded to translate the actual movement is almost 90 degrees from my startpoint. Even when I change the deadband pan to MEDIUM or HIGH it has the same result as a LOW setting.

Secondly I have been connecting it to my 1DX mark ii with the supplied MCC type B cable but it shuts my camera off after a few minutes of use in simple recording mode or timelapse. It has also caused the camera to freeze which has made me remove the battery.

I have only had my 1dx ii for 1 month and there has never been an issue when its off the Ronin S. It never freezes or shuts off. But the minute I connect it via your supplied MCC cable it has this error.

I rolled the Ronin S back to version 1.3.0.20 and it does not have the deadband issue. It will translate the movement as per LOW, MEDIUM or HIGH setting.
But the shutting down of my camera occurs on version 1.3.0.20 when connected by the MCC cable

Is there a firmware update coming to address this?
2018-9-13
Use props
Ben Seide
New

I want some type of reimbursement or free accessories for my trouble
2018-9-14
Use props
Björn‘s Films
lvl.1

TITANIUM Posted at 2018-9-13 04:24
When is the next compatibility list coming out, its been two months. I have a Fuji X-T20 and have just received shipment of my Ronin S.

Hi, just wanted to confirm that  Ronin S is already compatible with the Canon XC10.
At least with the IR cable for Rec Start/ Stop Control. (No Focus Wheel Control...)
2018-9-15
Use props
Stephen Michael Shevchuk
New

Canada

Please support the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4k. It's a game changer and a LOT of people will be picking these up.
2018-9-17
Use props
kanapee
lvl.1
Austria

Will a Canon Rebel 2SL aka 200D work with the Ronin S, it does not have an IR receiver?
2018-9-20
Use props
Matias Zepeda
lvl.2
Chile

happy for the new update and see my camera Sony a7RII in it, but I only want the Pull Focus Electronically
2018-9-20
Use props
Haxorious
lvl.2

This is great news!
But I'm pretty sad that there's no charging support for Sony cameras yet. If I want to control it, I have to plug the control cable into the USB port, which means I can't power the camera via batter banks.
Also, can someone confirm for me if i have to buy a seperate cable, or does the included cable works for Sony cameras? (Multi Camera Control Cable type B)
2018-9-20
Use props
Backlash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42749 ft
Netherlands

Well, i should have bought the Zhiyun Crane 2 instead of de Ronin-S.
I was mislead by DJI because of the camera compatibility list earlier.

As soon as i received the Ronin-s the compatibility list was downsized to almost no support Nikon.
No focus control and even no start/stop recording.

I've got a very expensive selfie stick now.
2018-9-21
Use props
djiuser_UYLB8CqvSG47
lvl.1

Have the same issue with the D750 and have been thinking about how totally screwed up the situation is...not even a simple connection cable for the camera.  DJI's actions may actually be a legitimate Truth-in-Advertising / FTC violation.  From the FTC website:

When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence....The FTC looks especially closely at advertising claims that can affect consumers’ health or their pocketbooks – claims about food, over-the-counter drugs, dietary supplements, alcohol, and tobacco and on conduct related to high-tech products and the Internet.

The Ronin S is clearly a high-tech product whose advertising was misleading and untruthful regarding its capabilities.  Each of us fulfilled our side of the bargain:  we paid $699 for the product. With the original fake compatibility list that motivated so many of us to make the initial purchase and no subsequent specific timeline to complete the list, the advertising was unquestionably deceptive, and we are owed some form of compensation.

Has anyone here heard whether DJI intends to try and make this right for us?  Otherwise, I hate to even ask the question, but does anyone know the formal process for filing a complaint with the FTC?
2018-9-22
Use props
Michael Munich
lvl.1
Germany

nathlas Posted at 2018-8-10 07:54
What about 3rd party lenses (Tamron, Sigma)  either with EF or with E mount ?

Will be compatible with follow focus ?

I´ve tried a Sigma 35 mm f1.4 Art on my Canon EOS 5D3 and focus pulling worked (with the old firmware, haven´t tried the new one yet). I bought an adapter to connect the old Mini-USB interface with the Ronin S. But the gear ratio (right word?) was quite long, so you had to spin the focus wheel too far to get from point A to B. But it worked in principle
2018-9-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Still nothing for Fuji....
2018-9-24
Use props
DBounce
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Can we get some support for the Fuji cameras? The new Fujifilm X-T3 is one of the best hybrids available as of this post and no support?
2018-9-25
Use props
Dansss
lvl.4
Israel

please work on Nikon D7200!
2018-9-25
Use props
algraz
lvl.1
United States

fansc3e85909 Posted at 2018-7-20 16:51
Any experience with the Nikon D810

Yep, just tested after updating the firmware: everything works with my camera lens setup (d810 with 14-14 2.8)  : video start/stop, single shot, focus wheel, autofocus by half depressing trigger button, BUT you are blind as the live view does not work...you have to have a pretty good idea of what your lens is seeing if you want to use all these functions. I find it safer to trigger it manually with live view on and trim the clips afterward. Hopefully they will get on top of it SOON. Another weird problem is that the camera connects to the Ronin only if (with mcc cable already plugged into the gimbal)  both camera and gimbal are turned on, and only THEN I plug the cable's usb end into the camera (sometimes I have plug unplug it a couple of times before it works).  If you want to check what you have shot you have to unplug the USB from the camera. It does not matter if the camera's live view is on or off before plugging the usb, it will still connect and the controls will work either way...blindly!
2018-9-27
Use props
mogman
New
United States

Very disappointing that I just paid 750 for the Ronin S and now have to spend and other 20 bucks on a cable for my A7 III. The A7 III is a very popular camera and the cables provided should have worked out of the box, I now have useless  cables and have to spend more money. Thinking of returning the Ronin S.
2018-9-28
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Still no focus control for the a7M3 and a7RM3??
The Sony protocol supports this and can be checked with the free Sony Imaging Edge Remote app!
All other Sony cameras to date are out, but at least the M3 series should be supported anytime soon now.
Also DJI please don‘t forget to send me the Sony MCC cable for free since the remote function was announced with the sale. Now I have several cables that came with the gimbal that are completely worthless for me, instead I should buy another cable and I should pay high shipping costs?!
2018-9-29
Use props
fans1b9e3c29
lvl.1

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-8-27 17:19
Yeah, what about Blackmagic?

Yes, please!

2018-9-29
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Please the specified cameras first.
2018-9-30
Use props
Elie-j Partamian
New

Lebanon

Hello  anyone recenty have a issue with the ronin s using motion lapse with a sony a7s ii camera my camera goes into pc mode thus the images taken wont save anywhere because in pc mode the images should save on the pc because the ronin s is not  a pc the camera just freezes what are the possible work arrounds
2018-10-1
Use props
김형민
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60374 ft
South Korea

Is A99M2 also usable
2018-10-2
Use props
김형민
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60374 ft
South Korea

Is it usable with SONY A99M2 ?? SO Saving the image after the first shot at the time of panoramic shooting, there is no next shooting because of the delay. What is the solution?
2018-10-2
Use props
nakedfacts
New
Flight distance : 17587188 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

How i can use the new bmpcc 4K wiht my Ronin-s? come accessoire for fix the mounting problem?
2018-10-2
Use props
tenser
lvl.1

United States

Canon 5dsr??? anyone?
2018-10-4
Use props
Roberto61
New

Mexico

FUJI FUJI!
2018-10-4
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

yes, I can confirm it's compatible with the new multi usb cable! works exactly like on my A6300.
2018-10-4
Use props
ICU2
lvl.1

United States

Backlash Posted at 2018-9-21 02:28
Well, i should have bought the Zhiyun Crane 2 instead of de Ronin-S.
I was mislead by DJI because of the camera compatibility list earlier.

I agree.
I also bought my Ronin-S with the old compatibility list and it showed my Nikon as well.

@DJI @DJISupport - You only have 18 camera models that are compatible.
Some of the camera's that not compatible are some of the most expensive cameras on the market.
For those of us who purchased under false pretenses we could file a class action lawsuit against you.
You falsely advertised our cameras as being compatible, then changed your mind after we had already made our purchases. In the United States that's entrapment and false advertising.

Now what are you going to do to assist all of us who cannot use the product as advertised?

It's just a matter of time before the tariffs slam DJI so hard they're going to crap themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/DJISupport/
2018-10-6
Use props
ICU2
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_UYLB8CqvSG47 Posted at 2018-9-22 11:07
Have the same issue with the D750 and have been thinking about how totally screwed up the situation is...not even a simple connection cable for the camera.  DJI's actions may actually be a legitimate Truth-in-Advertising / FTC violation.  From the FTC website:

When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence....The FTC looks especially closely at advertising claims that can affect consumers’ health or their pocketbooks – claims about food, over-the-counter drugs, dietary supplements, alcohol, and tobacco and on conduct related to high-tech products and the Internet.

DJI - You released the Ronin-S with a different compatibility list that had my Nikon listed on it, then after we all made purchases you changed the list to make only 18 cameras compatible. You've got a problem on your hands.

Some of the camera's that are not compatible are some of the most expensive cameras on the market.

For those of us who purchased under false pretenses we could file a class action lawsuit against you.

You falsely advertised our cameras as being compatible, then changed your mind after we had already made our purchases. In the United States that's entrapment and false advertising.

Now what are you going to do to assist all of us who cannot use the product as advertised?

It's just a matter of time before the tariffs slam DJI so hard they're going to crap themselves.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy the Ronin-S, its a waste of $750 that you'll never get back.

Buy the Zhiyun Crane 2 or 3 instead.

2018-10-6
Use props
ICU2
lvl.1

United States

When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence....The FTC looks especially closely at advertising claims that can affect consumers’ health or their pocketbooks – claims about food, over-the-counter drugs, dietary supplements, alcohol, and tobacco and on conduct related to high-tech products and the Internet.

With this many people we'd have a class action lawsuit. FTC can be Googled too. I'm in with whatever we can decided to do. I'm not waiting around for mine to become compatible.
2018-10-6
Use props
ICU2
lvl.1

United States

From what I've located online, each state may have different wording to their laws.

For Wisconsin residents, this link in regards to "Wisconsin's Deceptive Trade Practices Act" has us covered.

https://www.wisbar.org/NewsPubli ... &ArticleID=1596

What I also find interesting about DJI is that they do not send you their Warranty explanation. They assume that you had better read about it online, on their website, because it states that they will not take returns that have been opened or that have not been sent back to them within 7 days of receiving it.

And why is it that we don't buy American products? Lesson to be learned here.
2018-10-6
Use props
ICU2
lvl.1

United States

Matias Zepeda Posted at 2018-9-20 08:52
happy for the new update and see my camera Sony a7RII in it, but I only want the Pull Focus Electronically

We're happy for you too. We should all go out and spend $2000 on a new camera just so that it'll work with a $750 accessory. Yup they raised the price from $699 to $749 because they can.
2018-10-6
Use props
ICU2
lvl.1

United States

Well I'm guessing that if you don't get to those updates real soon, you'll have to deal with lawsuits including Wisconsin's Deceptive Trade Act https://www.wisbar.org/NewsPubli ... &ArticleID=1596 and possibly class action lawsuits for deceiving consumers with a list of compatible devices that came out long before this one.
2018-10-6
Use props
ICU2
lvl.1

United States

Gots Posted at 2018-8-20 02:29
Indeed... Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, Canon. How about Fuji?

Don't feel so left out, there are only 2 Nikon's on their list.
2018-10-6
Use props
ICU2
lvl.1

United States

Here is information that I think the public should have.
Legal Affairs:
Legal@dji.com

Investor Relations:
investor.relations@dji.com

Unfair Commercial
Practices:

inform@dji.com

The ones in red I emailed in regards to the FTC laws and Wisconsin State Laws demanding this take this Ronin-S back.
2018-10-6
Use props
Caitlin.Gibson
New

I've already purchased my ronin-s and I don't have any of these cameras, I have a canon 60D, is there a connection I could use or do i need a new camera?
2018-10-8
Use props
Pi-314
lvl.1
United States

The lack of support for all these cameras, after several months of promises, shows that there will never be a firmware update that actually gives what is expected, I can only look at this way, and thusly must accept  that I have a $700 crippled device as long as I own it. Even if this situation does somehow come under remedy. I will unlikely make another purchase from this company as time passes.
2018-10-8
Use props
fansf30112c1
lvl.1
United States

DJI is a joke
2018-10-11
Use props
iskandarbwefar
lvl.1
Netherlands

I got the Ronin S for my Panasonic AU-EVA1. Works like a charm. It would be nice though, if DJI would make a compatible 2.5 mm Super Mini Jack cable to at least be able to toggle the recording on and off.
2018-10-12
Use props
Haris Audio
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ANY NEWS FOR SONY A7 MK1 ?????
2018-10-18
Use props
Tor&Therese
lvl.1
Australia

Just bought the Ronin S, got a Lumix G80, now it isn't supported but what I didn't know that the G80 can't balance on the ronin at all... seems to light!
2018-10-22
Use props
BRIDGEINBOUND
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208038 ft
Australia

What about the Sony A7 (ILCE-7) does the new MCC-Multi cable work with it? It would be good to confirm before I purchase it, I can't see any reason it wouldn't work, but it's not on the list?
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules