New Spark Firmware Release Notes (07/19/2018)
90975 255 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Locationscout_Bavaria
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

Locationscout_Bavaria Posted at 2018-7-20 09:47
I was brave today and updated AC, RC and app. Thank you for OTG Support DJI. The app is in german now. Tomorrow I will make further tests, but so far everything went fine. Firmware update with assistant was successfull, too. Big relief.

After testing I have problems with the system as followed.

no map is showing up in the mapwindow, no homepoint is recorded (missing voice)
and
now videfeed is stored on my Android phone (its on SD Card, but not on phone)

any advice is apprecitated.
2018-7-22
Use props
Macaulayjuan 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865469 ft
Canada

Updated, no issues. IOS
2018-7-22
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Locationscout_Bavaria Posted at 2018-7-22 03:52
After testing I have problems with the system as followed.

no map is showing up in the mapwindow, no homepoint is recorded (missing voice)

If i understand you correctly, the dji go4 app was the last you've been updated, but it should be updated first to 4.2.21 on Android or to 4.2.22 on ios and then rest things have to be updated.
2018-7-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad things are looking better now for everyone with Android Phones.  Looks like there is no benefit for me to upgrade as I have an iPhone and have been running the SPARK for months WITHOUT use of the OTG Cable (which I actually like) and the connection is rock solid without use of the OTG cable.  Again, I'm here in the USA which is different than what others experience outside of the USA.  

If it aint' broke..don't fix it.  
2018-7-22
Use props
czechmark01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated without issue - IOS.
2018-7-22
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft
Switzerland

Updated firmware and flew with android and OTG cable. No issues whatsoever for the time being....
2018-7-22
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Second Officer
Germany

nixuspix Posted at 2018-7-22 06:02
If i understand you correctly, the dji go4 app was the last you've been updated, but it should be updated first to 4.2.21 on Android or to 4.2.22 on ios and then rest things have to be updated.

think you´re right. I updated firmware first to .1000. So would you suggest to go back (I was on 701) delete the app on the phone, then install app again, then do the firmware update back 1000. ?
Thank you for answering me.
2018-7-22
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Locationscout_Bavaria Posted at 2018-7-22 10:16
think you´re right. I updated firmware first to .1000. So would you suggest to go back (I was on 701) delete the app on the phone, then install app again, then do the firmware update back 1000. ?
Thank you for answering me.

It is difficult for me to answer precisely, but if the RC is upgraded to correct version, don't touch it. But as for the drone, downgrade may be to 0900, but using DJI Assistant, remove DJI go4 completely and install it from the scratch and then install latest firmware to Spark, using DJI Assitant again.
2018-7-22
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Second Officer
Germany

nixuspix Posted at 2018-7-22 10:37
It is difficult for me to answer precisely, but if the RC is upgraded to correct version, don't touch it. But as for the drone, downgrade may be to 0900, but using DJI Assistant, remove DJI go4 completely and install it from the scratch and then install latest firmware to Spark, using DJI Assitant again.

i will give it a try tomorrow and give report. Thank you.
2018-7-22
Use props
macropoutsis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32139 ft
United States

Locationscout_Bavaria Posted at 2018-7-22 10:43
i will give it a try tomorrow and give report. Thank you.

Good luck to you
2018-7-22
Use props
Shoonay
lvl.4
Flight distance : 591831 ft
Poland

Shoonay Posted at 2018-7-19 08:54
Upgraded to the new firmware without problems, restarted RC and drone, flew the drone a bit but had to change the bettery quickly cause the update process drained it before.

Started from hand, while waiting for the GPS to link in I flew the drone a few meters back with the controller and than my connection died.

Few more flights and no such problems so far, seems it was a one-time issue that went away after the restart of the smartphone itself.
2018-7-22
Use props
djiuser_OxW1VTmR6473
New
Indonesia

This update bricked my RC successfully. Any way to fix this? RC firmware rollback maybe? Really apreciate any good advice. Thanks!
2018-7-22
Use props
mark murray
New

Thailand

hello , I updated the firmware and everything went fine . but now my rc isn't seen by my phone or any other device .. it seems the update has bricked it..  just brought it to my servicecenter and they told me this can happen sometimes.. wtf
what can I do ?
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_UDKDQ5Xp8Vbz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292612 ft
Singapore

The video tutorial at the start of this thread is about how to update the firmware with DJI GO4 with a phone and the Spark AirCraft.  Could someone (or DJI) please post a video tutorial of how to do a firmware update for the Spark Aircraft as well as the Remote Controller?!!  It seems that there are many cases of the Remote Controller becoming bricked as a result of people trying to do the firmware update.  I have read that the OTG cable should not be plugged in?  What is the proper sequence?  Should we follow the the current video and update the firmware in the Spark Aircraft first (without the Remote Controller), turn off everything and then restart everything and this time connect to the remote controller to update?  Or should we connect the Spark Aircraft and the Remote Controller and the phone all at the same time to update the firmware???  I think many people here would love to hear from those of you who have successfully updated the firmware with your Spark AirCraft, Remote Controller and Android Phone.  Looking forward to hear from you!  Thanks.
2018-7-23
Use props
AdamM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87408 ft
Poland

DJI Support are idiots...they don't know anything about update and products!!!!
2018-7-23
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft

mark murray Posted at 2018-7-23 01:29
hello , I updated the firmware and everything went fine . but now my rc isn't seen by my phone or any other device .. it seems the update has bricked it..  just brought it to my servicecenter and they told me this can happen sometimes.. wtf
what can I do ?

if the rc is in warranty and otherwise good shape (to be sure it is no drop damage) try to get it replaced.
2018-7-23
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

updated my spark, and it doesn't seem to have any additional features.  I'm on IOS so the android additions don't affect me.
2018-7-23
Use props
fansf72809a3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42605 ft

Was able to connect to my drone with cable, only to have rc start flashing red after a couple seconds. Still can’t connect to WiFi at all
2018-7-23
Use props
Stray Cat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35502 ft
United States

Updated AC and Controller. With OTG connected, Video display is very clear and no longer stutters even with heavy panning.
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_BqhuX360EG1R
New
Flight distance : 16440 ft

Brazil

Guys I updated the firmaware and remote. All good. How do I know if the OTG is working. I tried switching off wifi but lost connection. Do we have to do something special? Does anyone have a video on how to connect using OTG.
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_BqhuX360EG1R
New

Brazil

Hi guys i updated and all is good. How do i know that the OTG is working?
2018-7-23
Use props
fansf72809a3
lvl.2

fansf72809a3 Posted at 2018-7-23 10:42
Was able to connect to my drone with cable, only to have rc start flashing red after a couple seconds. Still can’t connect to WiFi at all

Downgraded my firmware to fix DJI’s poor update. Only cost me a day of vacation time.
2018-7-23
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

djiuser_BqhuX360EG1R Posted at 2018-7-23 17:06
Guys I updated the firmaware and remote. All good. How do I know if the OTG is working. I tried switching off wifi but lost connection. Do we have to do something special? Does anyone have a video on how to connect using OTG.

Did you connect the OTG cable between the phone and the RC?

If you have done that, and the DJI Go 4 app is not connected to the RC, your OTG is not working.
2018-7-23
Use props
djiuser_BqhuX360EG1R
New

Brazil

Ronnie.Choy Posted at 2018-7-23 19:30
Did you connect the OTG cable between the phone and the RC?

If you have done that, and the DJI Go 4 app is not connected to the RC, your OTG is not working.

I did , Thing is, do I have to change my setting on the android or something? I tried turning on usb debugging to no avail.  Any ideas. Did you do it and it worked right away?  
2018-7-24
Use props
PRock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15344 ft
Germany

djiuser_BqhuX360EG1R Posted at 2018-7-24 03:48
I did , Thing is, do I have to change my setting on the android or something? I tried turning on usb debugging to no avail.  Any ideas. Did you do it and it worked right away?

perhaps your USB-connection is on 'charging', so search in the settings for USB and check this
2018-7-24
Use props
Bobdsjr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70312 ft
United States

Updated Last Friday Night 7/20/18 no issues updating. OTG works continuously Connected. Power down spark and Change batteries and the app reconnects flawlessly. Connect cable first to RC then Tablet( Galaxy Tab A 2017), turn on RC and the Go4 opens on the tablet. Flew 3 1/2 batteries on Saturday 7/21/18 only issue was would not save to local cache because it was full. Cleared out the cache and problem went away.
2018-7-24
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1261211 ft
Singapore

djiuser_BqhuX360EG1R Posted at 2018-7-24 03:48
I did , Thing is, do I have to change my setting on the android or something? I tried turning on usb debugging to no avail.  Any ideas. Did you do it and it worked right away?

I am using iPhone .... I just plug in the OTG cable and need not change any settings or whatever. But as usual the phone will display that the accessory (OTG cable) is not supported and I just ignored it.

Hope you can find a solution soon and happy flying.
2018-7-24
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

It's fascinating how the same upgrade can have such different results for so many people from 'all working fine' to 'disaster'!  I assume that this must be the different devices used rather than the Spark update.
For me partial success on mobile (Samsung S7) and disaster on tablet (Samsung 10.1)
2018-7-24
Use props
RonnyRenneR
New
Flight distance : 3724 ft
Italy

When we can shoot 25p?
24p also!
2018-7-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-24 23:14
It's fascinating how the same upgrade can have such different results for so many people from 'all working fine' to 'disaster'!  I assume that this must be the different devices used rather than the Spark update.
For me partial success on mobile (Samsung S7) and disaster on tablet (Samsung 10.1)

i believe the SPARK software is  developed by more than one team. Therefore so may variations of the software code and resulting hardware issues are seen.
2018-7-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

djiuser_UDKDQ5Xp8Vbz Posted at 2018-7-23 01:49
The video tutorial at the start of this thread is about how to update the firmware with DJI GO4 with a phone and the Spark AirCraft.  Could someone (or DJI) please post a video tutorial of how to do a firmware update for the Spark Aircraft as well as the Remote Controller?!!  It seems that there are many cases of the Remote Controller becoming bricked as a result of people trying to do the firmware update.  I have read that the OTG cable should not be plugged in?  What is the proper sequence?  Should we follow the the current video and update the firmware in the Spark Aircraft first (without the Remote Controller), turn off everything and then restart everything and this time connect to the remote controller to update?  Or should we connect the Spark Aircraft and the Remote Controller and the phone all at the same time to update the firmware???  I think many people here would love to hear from those of you who have successfully updated the firmware with your Spark AirCraft, Remote Controller and Android Phone.  Looking forward to hear from you!  Thanks.

there is no such thing as bricked on a SPARK OR the RC. We just need to do the procedure again.
2018-7-25
Use props
Charliejspark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 2018-7-25 01:58
i believe the SPARK software is  developed by more than one team. Therefore so may variations of the software code and resulting hardware issues are seen.

Aah.
2018-7-25
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

I'm on vacation with limited internet and my RC update failed now it refuses to connect to Wi-Fi. It only flys with the phone and it sucks! Anything I can do?
2018-7-25
Use props
adriank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106558 ft

Dear DJI Support. Is there a safe description how to enter OTG. I am running a Samsung Galaxy S8+ with the newest GO4 App and all updated. Do I need to go in developper mode on my android? Do I need to use USB debugging? etc.?
2018-7-26
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charliejspark Posted at 2018-7-24 23:14
For me partial success on mobile (Samsung S7) and disaster on tablet (Samsung 10.1)

It's all in the details.  For example, all this needs to work together and there are some many possible variations.  Plus, new codes/version coming out on each of these platforms.  Sometimes it's amazing it works at all.  

Phone Type:  Android | iPhone
Phone Models:  Apple iPhone 6S | LG G7
Phone Software Versions:  IOS 11.4.1 (Newest IOS) vs IOS 11.2
DJI GO4 App Versions:   4.2.2  vs 4.2.6 (etc)
Spark Firmware Version:   
Remote Controller Firmware Version

Country of Origin:  USA, China, Spain, etc.
Federal Communications Commission (FCC in USA) vs European Commission (CE in Europe)
Operating Frequencies:  2.4 GHz vs 5.7-5.8 GHz (impacts transmission distances)
2018-7-26
Use props
BerkoZg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2628 ft
Croatia

djiuser_BqhuX360EG1R Posted at 2018-7-23 17:08
Hi guys i updated and all is good. How do i know that the OTG is working?

In my case. Android User. I turn on Spark and RC. When led indicator on RC stop blinking red and goes on still green (rc connected with spark) then i plug in OTG cable. Wait for couple of seconds and djigo app starts automaticaly with otg connected (wifi is off btw).
2018-7-26
Use props
chrisdutton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14511 ft
United Kingdom

I downloaded the latest firmware and had loads of issues. I was told to put the app on my phone to 4.2.16. Do I need to change the firmware on my controller now and on the drone? If so, how do I do this?

2018-7-27
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

How do I update the RC using DJI assistant? My PC just charges the RC and doesn't seem to recognize it. The Mavic's RC can be recognized though, just not the Spark's.
2018-7-27
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-7-19 06:10
Updated successfully using DJI assistance. Then rebooted and connected OTG on my Essential Phone Android P. Setting check latest firmware need update. Updated Remote controller to 600. During updating RC beep constantly till it's done. Long time didn't fly Spark lol cos love my MA. I will fly the Spark later.

ya the remote beeped during the entire update for me as well
2018-7-27
Use props
Noble797
lvl.2

S.J Posted at 2018-7-25 02:00
there is no such thing as bricked on a SPARK OR the RC. We just need to do the procedure again.

I do not agree, if can’t connect to a device to repair/downgrade than it is bricked. The is exactly what happening with the rc’s.
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules