New Spark Firmware Release Notes (07/19/2018)
90972 255 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

What gets me is dji app lowered the watt rating on the remote to .4, when it used to be a solid 1 watt.
What's up with that?
2018-8-12
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

Blellow Posted at 2018-8-12 14:47
What gets me is dji app lowered the watt rating on the remote to .4, when it used to be a solid 1 watt.
What's up with that?

Where did you get that information from?
2018-8-12
Use props
Sosa9
lvl.1

No battery info when using otg cable
2018-8-13
Use props
Sosa9
lvl.1

No battery info when using otg cable
2018-8-13
Use props
idealhobbies1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61089 ft
United States

I just got my spark. I am using a LGv20 phone that's not in use as my screen. It works good, but I can't get a stable OTG connection to save my life. The controller and spark were updated when I first turned it on. I will double check, but I am quite certain that I am running latest firmware on both. I have done the connect, reconnect dance over and over again and still can not get a good connection. I tried last night using my ipad pro and had the same issue so its not a phone issue. I tried several different cables with same results. Ideas?
2018-8-13
Use props
Helios1601
New
Denmark

OMG  ... The firmware killed my RC   .... Just bought a brand new "fly more combo" package 2 days ago   .... Followed every tutorial minutiously, and even flew the drone 2 times, once with my phone as controller, and 2nd time with the RC, then I got a pop up about a firmware update for both Spark and the RC, and obviously,as an newbie, thinking the firmware updates will be something good, I did install them, Spark updated perfectly within few minutes, and the RC as well, but after turning the Spark on/off and the RC also   (wanted to charge both batteries for 100%)  so I could go flying across the fields where I live, there was no more wi-fi signal to be seen/found from the RC, and after numeral attempts to reset/reboot the RC by following troubleshooting youtube videos from DJI support, it still doesn´t work     I´m seriously considering throwing my BRAND NEW Dji Spark in the trash, as after looking closer into this issue, I´ve read numerous threads on different "drone/tech" sites that show this firmware bug/issue has been known for Dji engineers for months, and there has NOT been made any fix to it, and DJI continues to sell RC´s that demand the same firmware update, thus bricking the RC   .... Then, what shall people do??? what about us costumers???
I am seriously happy that I didn´t buy one of the more expensive drones from DJI as I had considered to buy, because, seeing how poor costumer support/care DJI provides, then I will NEVER EVER AGAIN, buy a DJI product, and I intend to pursue this even further to make sure the DJI company gets some media coverage about the bug/firmware that they have had for many months and still not fixed!
2018-8-13
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here's the Info:

https://sparkpilots.com/threads/dji-go-4-mod-2-0-dji-go-4-mod-lite-additional-features-android-app-ver-4-1-15.3841/page-52

Skan wrote it.
2018-8-14
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

Blellow Posted at 2018-8-14 10:39
Here's the Info:

https://sparkpilots.com/threads/dji-go-4-mod-2-0-dji-go-4-mod-lite-additional-features-android-app-ver-4-1-15.3841/page-52

Link is bad.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.
2018-8-14
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hmm, just go to sparkpilots.com and read the post about djimod app.  Skan posted on page 5 the watt reduction info.  

2018-8-14
Use props
kowal63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 579843 ft
  • >>>
United States

is this the update that addresses the expiring geozone restriction problem i had?.....where my spark hovered in front of me...against a geofence wall until it slowly lowered itself it the water before my eyes,,,after hovering for 25 feet in front of me?
2018-8-14
Use props
Tribal69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7546 ft
Belgium

Everything went fine with the update for the RC and the Spark.
Did a few test flights and lost not 1 connection.
As mentioned earlier the order of starting up RC or Spark does not matter with the OTG cable connected to the samsung S8 it works flawless

Take care
2018-8-15
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

Blellow Posted at 2018-8-14 12:19
Hmm, just go to sparkpilots.com and read the post about djimod app.  Skan posted on page 5 the watt reduction info.

I would like to read about it.
However, there is just not enough information to find it. Page 5 of which forum? Is it page 5 as of today or some days ago? EXACT topic forum and title maybe?

2018-8-15
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sparkpilots.com in the discussion forum in the post labeled dji mod app additional features page 5 skan.  Good luck
2018-8-15
Use props
BlamPow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51837 ft
United States

Only issue I have seen is when invoking a 'Return to Home' the Spark actually flies upward instead of trying to land.  I just manually land by descending with the controller.
Latest Firmware, running DJI Go current version on Android 8.0.0 on a Samsung S8.
2018-8-15
Use props
Dereko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18143 ft
United Kingdom

ssakellaro Posted at 2018-7-20 00:58
Latest app version and firmware. It's the only way to get OTG officially.
To be fair people messing with a flying machines software are risking too much, i prefer the official route.

I have had my spark since April this year and flown lots of successful flights with some beautiful footage, I have never had any issues, I recently carried out the firmware update and flew for the first time on Saturday since updating, I had 12 satellites and good GPS the home point recorded everything fine , as I flew the spark a short distance and only  50 feet high I had a GPS warning then message saying ATTI mode the aircraft was uncontrollable and started to fly away from me I tried to land but no matter what I did spark did not respond, I tried the home button but nothing, after searching for over two hours in a field I found it thankfully no apparent damage, I have lost all confidence in the spark, when I got back home I went on to this forum to see if similar incidents, I decided to calibrate the IMU and Compass but have not flown since.
Any help will be appreciated.
Derek
2018-8-15
Use props
Dereko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18143 ft
United Kingdom

Dereko Posted at 2018-8-15 21:42
I have had my spark since April this year and flown lots of successful flights with some beautiful footage, I have never had any issues, I recently carried out the firmware update and flew for the first time on Saturday since updating, I had 12 satellites and good GPS the home point recorded everything fine , as I flew the spark a short distance and only  50 feet high I had a GPS warning then message saying ATTI mode the aircraft was uncontrollable and started to fly away from me I tried to land but no matter what I did spark did not respond, I tried the home button but nothing, after searching for over two hours in a field I found it thankfully no apparent damage, I have lost all confidence in the spark, when I got back home I went on to this forum to see if similar incidents, I decided to calibrate the IMU and Compass but have not flown since.
Any help will be appreciated.
Derek

I should have said that I use an iPhone 7 and never required the use of OTG cable I have attached a couple of screen shotts showing warning messages.
2018-8-15
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

From your pictures is clearly seen, that  notwithstanding with 11 sats, no one is locked. ( no one bar is seen in GPS signal quality) . So looks the pilot error, which led to ATTI mode.
But for better analyze , provide the forum community with Flight Record log
2018-8-15
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nice work in correcting me.  Thank you.
2018-8-16
Use props
fans4d5dc59f
New

I guess u need to maximize the cache on your phone. I set mine to 10 GB and i never have any prb with cache
2018-8-16
Use props
brianforward
New

United Kingdom

Been in contact with the sons of bitches at dji just done an up date now NO FRONT LEDs the arsole was trying to tell me its my andriod phone .ive been using it for a month
2018-8-20
Use props
vasi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16099 ft

Hungary

F_santos Posted at 2018-8-10 06:10
Good afternoon, I have a problem with my spark since the last update. Whenever I try to download a video or photos through the application Spark loses the connection with the command. Anyone know how I can solve this? Thank you.

Same here, playback mode does not work at all...
2018-8-21
Use props
snowspeeder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2149 ft
Singapore

Mine still could not take off even after the update. I have recalibrated the compass and restarted the whole thing, checked that the firmwares on the controlled and aircraft were updated. It just could not take off.
2018-8-22
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

BlamPow Posted at 2018-8-15 18:33
Only issue I have seen is when invoking a 'Return to Home' the Spark actually flies upward instead of trying to land.  I just manually land by descending with the controller.
Latest Firmware, running DJI Go current version on Android 8.0.0 on a Samsung S8.

This is actually normal behavior. Spark will ascend to the RTH height set in the app, (default is 30m I think) then RTH, then descend to the landing point.

If you want it to RTH at whatever height it's already at, you can set it to "RTH at current altitude" but this is risky if there are any obstacles between you and Spark.
2018-8-22
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-8-22 10:48
This is actually normal behavior. Spark will ascend to the RTH height set in the app, (default is 30m I think) then RTH, then descend to the landing point.

If you want it to RTH at whatever height it's already at, you can set it to "RTH at current altitude" but this is risky if there are any obstacles between you and Spark.

I agree is it risky. It depends on the environment Spark is flying in.  If you are flying under trees, bridges, ceilings - check the RTH settings before flying!  The 'RTH at current altitude' only applies if enabled & Spark is between 3 m & 20 m.  Spark will rise to 2.5 m if below or remain above 2.5 m & RTH. Otherwise Spark will land within 3 -20 m with this feature disabled..  Less than 3m Spark will land. Beyond 20m Spark will ascend to the preset RTH altitude. Beyond 100m Spark will not have obstacle avoidance enabled if RTH is activated.

Adjust the options. Fly home over trees - increase RTH height. If you fly under trees, don't activate RTH.  

It's described in the Spark user manual. Pages 14, 15 & 16.

2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nixuspix Posted at 2018-8-15 22:31
From your pictures is clearly seen, that  notwithstanding with 11 sats, no one is locked. ( no one bar is seen in GPS signal quality) . So looks the pilot error, which led to ATTI mode.
But for better analyze , provide the forum community with Flight Record log

As far as I am aware the number of Sats shows the Sats locked. The bars show the HDOP. (Horizontal Degree of Precision.)

So while many sats available their position in the sky is a narrow view. So poor precision. Could also be that the IMU had "Lost the Plot" and need calibration.
2018-8-24
Use props
JohnnyGT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42733 ft
New Zealand

Has anyone here use the DJI Googles with their Spark and new Firmware that has tbe OTG for use on android. Looking to buy a google headset that is going cheap. Ill be using my Galaxy S7 untill my S9 arrived.
2018-8-24
Use props
skippy1331
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2213077 ft
Australia

Thought I'd upupda anyone from Aust/NZ. Ive feen flying around the central coast and SE Qld and it goes just fine this new update. The app on the phone is still a bit rubberbandy but thats seems to be the go for the last 6 months.

On another note my google pixel has updated to android 9. Now the app doesnt work at all so grounded until there is an update for the app which is annoying.  
2018-8-25
Use props
F_santos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272838 ft
Portugal

vasi Posted at 2018-8-21 10:04
Same here, playback mode does not work at all...

Does anyone know any way to solve this? thank you.
2018-8-25
Use props
JohnnyGT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42733 ft
New Zealand

skippy1331 Posted at 2018-8-25 04:39
Thought I'd upupda anyone from Aust/NZ. Ive feen flying around the central coast and SE Qld and it goes just fine this new update. The app on the phone is still a bit rubberbandy but thats seems to be the go for the last 6 months.

On another note my google pixel has updated to android 9. Now the app doesnt work at all so grounded until there is an update for the app which is annoying.

yip im from NZ .. nelson and was in Aussie last 3 months working
2018-8-25
Use props
Khan SW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32956 ft
United States

JohnnyGT Posted at 2018-8-24 13:06
Has anyone here use the DJI Googles with their Spark and new Firmware that has tbe OTG for use on android. Looking to buy a google headset that is going cheap. Ill be using my Galaxy S7 untill my S9 arrived.

I picked up the goggles to fly with the spark and they both came in today. Initial flight with both and I was unimpressed due to the amount of latency and poor reception. Essentially the video crapped out several times, but not in the same way that a regular fpv setup would (fatshark and racer drone such as tbs gemini or qav250). Those sort of just look like a bad tv reception from the 80's when they cut in and out but latency is much better allowing you to still fly through cutouts. The latency on the DJI goggles with the spark is more like the screen freezing and when it cuts back on you've fast forwarded 5-15 feet. Not a safe flight at all, and this was within 80m when it started cutting out. I suppose the goggles are only decent on the Mavic Pro or Pro 2 since they would utilize the Occusync instead.
2018-8-27
Use props
BerkoZg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2628 ft
Croatia

Did the upgrade on firmware of Spark and RC. Did fly 3 times and everithing is working good. Otg cable works. Also try on wifi with rc and working good. No problems.

Just i got this message that i never got before, why is this message shows up at one point of flyght?

My limit of height is set to 500 m.
2018-8-28
Use props
Eugene373
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47743 ft
United States

Blellow Posted at 2018-8-12 14:47
What gets me is dji app lowered the watt rating on the remote to .4, when it used to be a solid 1 watt.
What's up with that?

Roll back to firmware ,400 on RC. I never had an issue until this last upgrade & just like you I narrowed it down to remote!
2018-8-28
Use props
13rovers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13766 ft
United Kingdom

skippy1331 Posted at 2018-8-25 04:39
Thought I'd upupda anyone from Aust/NZ. Ive feen flying around the central coast and SE Qld and it goes just fine this new update. The app on the phone is still a bit rubberbandy but thats seems to be the go for the last 6 months.

I've got an original pixel running Android P and it works fine.  Perhaps you need to uninstall & re-install?  
2018-8-28
Use props
Eugene373
lvl.1
United States

Correction!!!!! I just had Fly away... Stay on .900 fw on AC and .400 on remote or last upgrade! I am now fighting with DJI about fly away. GPS log show over 2.2 mile before losing Video..

W@hat a damn waste this Fcking firmware was!!! Thank you DJI for putting more money into your pocket!
2018-8-28
Use props
Eugene373
lvl.1
United States

Now I'm peeved! Look at the firmware in a diff. most of you won't know but if you do! Check it out! I supplied my findings & my Legal aspect is they scared up bad... Don't take my word for it. Lookup eugene373 on xda, I might got old but still hacking away at bad programming!
2018-8-28
Use props
Eugene373
lvl.1
United States

This is what they had to say, I'm sorry, but we're will to offer you a huge Discount? WTF? Just lost a loyal customer !
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_dVtM2rhCk45a
New
Belgium

Eugene373 Posted at 2018-8-28 06:41
This is what they had to say, I'm sorry, but we're will to offer you a huge Discount? WTF? Just lost a loyal customer !

Got the Spark as a birthday present, and am going on holiday to the Alps  next week.
I see 2 options:
- Take it with me and play until it disappears behind a hill or into a lake.
- Put it on Ebay and try to get 100 bucks back while I can.

What would you do?
2018-8-29
Use props
Eugene373
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_dVtM2rhCk45a Posted at 2018-8-29 01:08
Got the Spark as a birthday present, and am going on holiday to the Alps  next week.
I see 2 options:
- Take it with me and play until it disappears behind a hill or into a lake.

lol that's up to you Honestly!

I don't think I'll be getting another spark, looking at the parrot drone now.
2018-8-29
Use props
djiuser_yWbSGeyTBLf7
New

Mini map won't work after update
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_Lo6wzXp3DzE6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7178 ft
Mexico

After updating to latest firmware on the first flight the app crashed mid flight after only 3 mins flying time.
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules