Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Spark Firmware Release Notes (07/19/2018)
90805 255 2018-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cyrilfpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256004 ft
Switzerland

Flew again my Spark yesterday and again, 2 disconnects in the middle of nowhere (Spark disconnects from remote) less than 50 meters away and in a complete free RF area (in the mountains). I was over water when this happened but fortunately RTH kicked in as expected Never experienced this with previous firmware.
2018-9-8
Use props
djiuser_LetaGOEUBJJX
New

Belgium

I,m on the latest fw for AC , RC and app. But I can not connect to the AC wit and otg cable at all. Anyone an idea?
2018-9-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-13
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-13
Use props
schriss
lvl.1

Ireland

Do we know what bricks some RC upgraded to latest FW? Could be it be small hardware difference like older revision? Did anyone compare serial numbers of bricked ones with the not bricked ones? Or maybe resetting to defaults before upgrade would prevent the brick?
I'm getting a new one any day now and I'm now afraid to upgrade.
2018-9-19
Use props
darwin conceja
New

Philippines

djiuser_Lo6wzXp3DzE6 Posted at 2018-9-4 10:36
After updating to latest firmware on the first flight the app crashed mid flight after only 3 mins flying time.

SAME AS, AFTER UPDATING NEW ONE, ALOT OF FEATURES L,OST. INTELIGENT FLIGHT MODE HAS A LIMIT DISTANCE IT SUCKS ... CIRCULAR AND SPIRAL  AFTER THAT DISTANCE 30M IT STOP. BRING IT BACK THOSE FEATURES , THATS THE ONLY REASON WHY I BUY THIS PRODUCT....
2018-9-24
Use props
fans210c09d3
New
United States

I just got my spark in the mail. Im using an iPhone 5s. before my first flight its giving me an error sayin downward infrared sensor error (2) Is my phone causing this issue?? I updated all the firmware, calibrated everything...
2018-9-25
Use props
xrfixer1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427 ft

United States

I updated to the latest firmware on my Spark yesterday and now I'm showing magnetic interference I have tried restarting and downgrading firmware and neither have worked. It worked fine before the firmware update.
2018-9-26
Use props
E Britt
lvl.1
United States

This is a terrible drone. The software sucks ass. If you ever get the little turd to connect its great but you spend days cursing trying to make it go. I will do my best to warn any of my friends not to buy this drone. DJI dropped the ball bigtime.
2018-9-26
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

djiuser_LetaGOEUBJJX Posted at 2018-9-10 11:46
I,m on the latest fw for AC , RC and app. But I can not connect to the AC wit and otg cable at all. Anyone an idea?

Hi,

Check some of the OTG posts.
Here is the order of power ON and cable connection that works:
Spark ---> RC (wait for green) ---> phone/tablet ---> connect OTG cable to RC ---> connect USB cable to phone/tablet (in airplane mode) ---> start DJI GO4 ---> Go fly
2018-9-26
Use props
Sain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2838 ft

Ukraine

Updated my spark fly more combo to latest version. RC was not bricked. Made 4 test flight. 1 time spark fall down after start from hand, but may be its my mistake. So seems everything work fine...
2018-10-7
Use props
Renman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175095 ft

Mexico

Is now OTG cable supported?
2018-10-7
Use props
Renman
lvl.1

Mexico

martin192 Posted at 2018-7-19 00:51
downloaded it on dji go app. will try to install in a few hours. are there more new thinks or only otg support?

Yeah! Its quite necessary!
2018-10-7
Use props
Renman
lvl.1

Mexico

13rovers Posted at 2018-7-19 01:02
Think that is it!  A little disappointing that we've waited 7 months for just OTG support when past incarnations of Go4 app supported it anyway!

Really? I seems that does not work for me...
2018-10-7
Use props
Renman
lvl.1

Mexico

ssakellaro Posted at 2018-7-20 01:31
Yes so DJI can force you to buy new drones !
If only Apple was making drones they would surely do that

Ha ha Well not for me!
2018-10-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

After updating 2 sparks from the factory supplied .0701 / .75 / .400 firmwares for AC/BAT/RC to .1000/.85/600 respectfully the sparks are no longer stable, more noisy, won't fly with the aircraft facing straight forward, and RTH at angles approaching 45 degrees, won't auto land facing the same direction it took off, again angled off... and on and on.

tried to refresh the firmware, no change
tried multiple compass cal, no change
tried multiple IMU calibrations using the app, no change

I would try a compass cal with Assistant, but the cord gets in the way, and there is no documentation on the advanced calibration,

I have tried calibrating the aircraft when cold having been near the AC outlet duct for several minutes.. although I am not convinced on this procedure..
while it lets the spark spin up faster since it gets past warmup faster.. the point of the warmup is so the IMU temp is stabilized since as it warms up, it behaves differently ... so one would think it should be calibrated close to its flight state?  MEMS usually are hard coded with temperature drift tables for correction but they are generic in consumer chips.. while military grade IMU have temp drift tables calculated per each IMU

I was considering going back down to .0701  as that seems to be the consensus as the most stable and the AC seemed to fly better with that firmware

With 2 sparks, 4 batteries, and a single RC that I share between them, I am assuming I have to downgrade everything back to the original firmwares otherwise I would have firmware conflicts..

I believe that the native assistant 2 app allows downgrade to .0701.. I remember seeing it.. so that should take care of the AC and Batteries... the RC I can do with iOS by holing the 3 bars

anyone seeing the same with this firmware or having issues with rolling back.. a DJI bot/admin suggested rolling back but did not answer my specific question on procedure

Thanks
2018-10-18
Use props
djiuser_cuDxyvyQMjVH
New

Indonesia

Why pano mode on latest firmware disappear?
2018-10-22
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 2018-10-18 04:29
After updating 2 sparks from the factory supplied .0701 / .75 / .400 firmwares for AC/BAT/RC to .1000/.85/600 respectfully the sparks are no longer stable, more noisy, won't fly with the aircraft facing straight forward, and RTH at angles approaching 45 degrees, won't auto land facing the same direction it took off, again angled off... and on and on.

tried to refresh the firmware, no change

A word of advice. You have to calibrate the compass outside away from any metal objects.

Doing it indoors or next to your PC just won't work. Not surprised you have directional issues.

Cheers
2018-10-23
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2018-10-23 06:27
A word of advice. You have to calibrate the compass outside away from any metal objects.

Doing it indoors or next to your PC just won't work. Not surprised you have directional issues.

and where... exactly, do I say that I do compass calibrations next to my computer... genius?

2018-10-23
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256004 ft
Switzerland

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-9-8 22:23
Flew again my Spark yesterday and again, 2 disconnects in the middle of nowhere (Spark disconnects from remote) less than 50 meters away and in a complete free RF area (in the mountains). I was over water when this happened but fortunately RTH kicked in as expected  Never experienced this with previous firmware.

I complained about this new firmware and OTG not working properly (many disconnects). Lately I suspected my cable (especially the plug on the remote controller side) could be bad. Today I received a new USB OTG cable. I flew 2 packs and not a single problem

So... Sorry, it was all on my side
2018-10-24
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 2018-10-23 06:33
and where... exactly, do I say that I do compass calibrations next to my computer... genius?

When you said this.

I would try a compass cal with Assistant, but the cord gets in the way, and there is no documentation on the advanced calibration,

Figured that statement meant that you didn't understand the requirement to do the calibration outdoors away from metal objects.

Just trying to help you, you don't need to be so rude and critical when people do that for you.

Cheers

2018-10-24
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

bjr981s Posted at 2018-10-24 08:26
When you said this.

I stand corrected... apologies.. I meant advanced IMU calibration...   besides.. you cant do a compass calibration in Assistant far as I know..

all my compass cals are done in the field that I fly from.. of course...
2018-10-24
Use props
Steve C.
lvl.1

United States

Have you fixed the problem of the remote not being able to pair with the drone after this update and just beeps constantly?
2018-10-24
Use props
Danilo Satar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302 ft
Mozambique

Hello, I'm  trying to update my drone dji spark that I had the first time and, I  downloaded the update, it does the transfer do aircraft, at the moment of the update,  when it reaches 62% of the update the drone disconnects from the pc  and reconnects. After that, says that the update failed at 62%. i try it for 2 times and nothing sucessfull. i use dji assistent2 + windows 8.1. my firmware now is V 01.00.900  Help me please.  
2018-10-31
Use props
jaimimc
lvl.1
United States

Some scary stories on this thread - should I upgrade my brand new Spark?
2018-11-10
Use props
fishneck
lvl.2

New Zealand

jaimimc Posted at 11-10 17:18
Some scary stories on this thread - should I upgrade my brand new Spark?

Dont upgrade the software. If that what you are asking.
But if you are up for some action with DJI support, then upgrade.
50/50 chance it will be fine or go down hill from there.
2018-11-10
Use props
richieg7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86024 ft
Australia

Nice to know it's officially supported now. Is there a guide on using OTG properly?

Thanks
2018-11-24
Use props
cjdavies
lvl.1
United Kingdom

For anybody having a nightmare of a time updating the RC to V01.00.0600, I could not get it to work at all on the current version of DJI GO 4 (4.3.4) even after trying at least half a dozen times & restarting phone/RC many times. When I downgraded to an older version of DJI GO 4 (4.3.2) the update worked first time. I was then able to successfully test OTG functionality by enabling airplane mode on my phone (original Google Pixel) & setting the Android system USB mode to 'USB tethering'.
2018-11-27
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

I'm currently on DJI Go 4 v4.3.5 on an Ipad 2018 dedicated monitor.

So far there's nothing to report. Nothing unusual from V4.3.4. All works how it was. When temps get hot the video feed does get pixelated which is not a new thing for v4.3.5. I gather it's just the temp affecting the video transmission performance. On colder temps I get better feed.
2018-11-28
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

jaimimc Posted at 11-10 17:18
Some scary stories on this thread - should I upgrade my brand new Spark?

I've had my Spark for about a month, I upgraded to this latest firmware before my first flight and haven't had a single issue. Including connecting my iPhone via OTG cable.

All works perfect.
2018-11-28
Use props
djiuser_9KPy4EaZ5gro
New
Flight distance : 928 ft
Philippines

Hi what if during flight the otg was disconnected from the rc or thru the phone, will the spark initiate rth? Or will you reconnect and having control again after replugging it? im using adroid phone.tia
2018-11-29
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

I don't believe the Spark needs your phone or the DJI App to fly.

So if the OTG cable was disconnected during flight all that would happen is you'd lose video of what your Spark is seeing but everything else including recording to your SD card would continue.

If you weren't able to reconnect your OTG cable and if you weren't comfortable continuing your flight you could just press the RTH button on the controller and Spark would come back to you.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I've made a mistake here somewhere :-)
2018-11-30
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

DroneDownunder Posted at 11-30 15:46
I don't believe the Spark needs your phone or the DJI App to fly.

So if the OTG cable was disconnected during flight all that would happen is you'd lose video of what your Spark is seeing but everything else including recording to your SD card would continue.

Yeah I flew my spark with just the remote. No device. Flew it Line of Sight only

2018-12-12
Use props
djiuser_NbTPXai8285o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 395440 ft
Australia

Hi there, I have a Note 9, and purchased 2 sparks today ( 1 for myself and my house mate for a present) however I am unable to connect to my controller using a OTG cable, does anyone have any ideas what to try?
2018-12-18
Use props
DankLegend
New
Flight distance : 13848 ft
India

I've got ESC status error upon updating my spark. Tried restarting and had been trying to redo the update again through DJI Assistant 2...

Any help would be appreciated my poor spark
2018-12-22
Use props
DankLegend
New
Flight distance : 13848 ft
India

DankLegend Posted at 12-22 23:19
I've got ESC status error upon updating my spark. Tried restarting and had been trying to redo the update again through DJI Assistant 2...

Any help would be appreciated  my poor spark

Initial update was from an iPhone 8 plus iOS 12 with DJI GO 4 app latest version on the AppStore with RC.
2018-12-22
Use props
OsKArg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85479 ft

Argentina

wimherman Posted at 7-19 02:15
The update on my RC failed, followed the instructions and RC got bricked...  Just started a new topic on it:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-157776-1-1.html

Hi Wim. Aquí ya somos varios afectados los  RCSpark estan bloqueados .red light . No wifi signal . No connection with Spark y para colmo este me responden UNA VERGUENZA  : DJI Susan
2018-12-22 00:51:28
I'm afraid that the issue cannot be figured out remotely. Sorry about this. I sincerely suggest you consider the above suggestions and send the unit in for diagnosis
2018-12-23
Use props
OsKArg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85479 ft

Argentina

No pueden dejar de darnos la solucion. https://youtu.be/UNKPxIQcb3k
2018-12-23
Use props
El Tipo
New

Argentina

I ve made the "upgrade" and i ve got a stone with lights !! the spark dont take off, dont fly, the camera its all black !!
2018-12-26
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

OsKArg Posted at 12-23 20:50
Hi Wim. Aquí ya somos varios afectados los  RCSpark estan bloqueados .red light . No wifi signal . No connection with Spark y para colmo este me responden UNA VERGUENZA  : DJI Susan
2018-12-22 00:51:28
I'm afraid that the issue cannot be figured out remotely. Sorry about this. I sincerely suggest you consider the above suggestions and send the unit in for diagnosis

I am affraid you have to send in the RC to DJI on this matter. They will take good care of this as they did for me. PLease make a ticket and follow their instructions. Its the only way to be back in the air soon.
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules