RC Bricked after update
23663 256 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-27 03:50
Hi DJI Susan,

No i haven't tried just that, but i tried to connect with OTG cable in general. Since the late response from DJI on this topic (which i fully inderstand) i decided to make a case and send in my RC. The case number is CAS-2020085-W8R1M0.

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the local team to check and help you get an update soon.
2018-7-27
Use props
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-27 04:32
Received with thanks! I'll forward to the local team to check and help you get an update soon.

Same exact problem here. The OTG cable does not work with my Samsung S8+ or my Vizio tablet. The cable never worked on these two devices. Tried to downgrade the rc but it brings up a box that says it can't find any versions for this device. That's because the cable don't work. I'm creating a case and sending it to the nearest repair center,hopefully the repair will not cost me anything.
2018-7-27
Use props
ahmedalqassem
lvl.1
New Zealand

I have the same issue, has anyone being able to fix it?
2018-7-27
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

Hmmm better later then never...
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dug0 Posted at 2018-7-27 13:23
Same exact problem here. The OTG cable does not work with my Samsung S8+ or my Vizio tablet. The cable never worked on these two devices. Tried to downgrade the rc but it brings up a box that says it can't find any versions for this device. That's because the cable don't work. I'm creating a case and sending it to the nearest repair center,hopefully the repair will not cost me anything.

Dug0, we're sorry about this. Please kindly leave your case number here once you got it, we'll keep follow up. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ahmedalqassem Posted at 2018-7-27 16:05
I have the same issue, has anyone being able to fix it?

Hi there, please try to connect the mobile and RC via OTG, then press and hold the three bars on the top right for 8-10 seconds to refresh/downgrade the RC to see whether it helps. Let us know whether it works, thanks!
2018-7-28
Use props
ahmedalqassem
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-28 00:14
Hi there, please try to connect the mobile and RC via OTG, then press and hold the three bars on the top right for 8-10 seconds to refresh/downgrade the RC to see whether it helps. Let us know whether it works, thanks!

I tried a couple of OTG cables and they didn't work with the remote. If this solution has been known to fix this issue which seems to be affecting many customers, I would go and buy a new OTG cable. Otherwise, I should get a replacement unit without any extra hassle. I bought this unit less than half a year ago. Thanks
2018-7-28
Use props
fishneck
lvl.2

I am still having no luck connecting by using OTG which looks like the last resort(3 phones 1 ios tablet using 5 different OTGs and mavic pro's official cable too). I know I am not the only one and seems a lot of people are having the same issue and starting a new thread.
Now I am worrying because I cannot provide an invoice purchase number and Purchase channel as I received this as a gift. I will only find out when they reply on my email. I am praying and gave up diagnosing this myself.
2018-7-28
Use props
10_ray
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109560 ft
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-27 04:28
Hi 10_ray, please refer 107# and try to refresh when connected with OTG cable. We're sorry for the troubles caused here.

Hi Susan,

OTG still can't be detected by my phone. Thanks for the suggestion anyway
2018-7-28
Use props
Dug0
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-28 00:12
Dug0, we're sorry about this. Please kindly leave your case number here once you got it, we'll keep follow up. Hope we can figure this out soon.

I now have a case number. It is CAS-2051624-B9H5Y3. I also got a UPS shipping label from them for free shipping to Texas repair center. I will get this in route in the beginning of next week. Hopefully they figure it out. I will post any info I receive. Thanks for everyone's help and you also Susan
2018-7-28
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

United States

I updated sucessfuly. But my remote light is red and blinks. OTG seems to not have any affect. Everytime I open the app I can only fly with the phone.

I'm not sure what to do next. Any advise?
2018-7-28
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-7-28 06:51
I updated sucessfuly. But my remote light is red and blinks. OTG seems to not have any affect. Everytime I open the app I can only fly with the phone.

There is the suggestion to connect ur RC with an OTG cable and go in Go4 and holde the hamburger symbol  til there pops up an menu where u can refresh the update or do a roll back. If that doesn't work you have to make a repair ticket im affraid..
2018-7-28
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

i guess ^^ this ^^ can only work when your phone recognizes the otg connection. normally rc charges phone when connected, it did not in my case... nothing to downgrade then.
2018-7-28
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

spookster Posted at 2018-7-28 12:03
i guess ^^ this ^^ can only work when your phone recognizes the otg connection. normally rc charges phone when connected, it did not in my case... nothing to downgrade then.

You have to change the connection type on your phone! Set it to file sharing. Also USB debugging must be sett. You need developer menu.
2018-7-28
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Germany

hm, i'd try but the rc is gone. will wait and see what happens. if it is easily fixable that way i might get my rc back afterall. have a custom vinyl on it, but i don't know why, i'm guessing i get a new remote. will wait and see what repair has to during quotation
2018-7-28
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Germany

has to say during quotation... (sorry for double post, i'm on mobile and i cannot edit my post)
2018-7-28
Use props
ahmedalqassem
lvl.1
New Zealand

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-28 12:33
You have to change the connection type on your phone! Set it to file sharing. Also USB debugging must be sett. You need developer menu.

@wimherman, none of your suggestions is working. It's time to stop making any suggestions, honestly.
I enabled developer mode, enabled USB debug, connected the controller with OTG cable, still not working. Switched to "files transfer", but it keeps switching back to charging mode. I'm sure we all appreciate your attempts to help, but since you couldn't fix yours, it's better if you don't make useless suggestions
2018-7-28
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

ahmedalqassem Posted at 2018-7-28 14:20
@wimherman, none of your suggestions is working. It's time to stop making any suggestions, honestly.
I enabled developer mode, enabled USB debug, connected the controller with OTG cable, still not working. Switched to "files transfer", but it keeps switching back to charging mode. I'm sure we all appreciate your attempts to help, but since you couldn't fix yours, it's better if you don't make useless suggestions

I wasn't answering you. You are free to try or not to try options people come with.
2018-7-28
Use props
Xeexo43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7073 ft
United Arab Emirates

@wimherman, i had been reading your posts since you started posting and i have done exactly the same steps before even reading these posts then got frusturated and looked for a solution on the internet and found out that i am not the only one having this issue, tried all the options and now i have got to the point where i just want to return the whole Spark Combo. Since DJI is acting like this is the first time they have heard this issue though there have been many complaints about RC not broadcasting WIFI after the firmware upgrade.
Instead of asking us stupid questions and send us useless links of youtube, they should come up with a fix and the only way the fix can be applied is through a patch on the assistant 2 which would allow us to connect RC and patch the broken firmware.
2018-7-28
Use props
ahmedalqassem
lvl.1
New Zealand

Xeexo43 Posted at 2018-7-28 23:25
@wimherman, i had been reading your posts since you started posting and i have done exactly the same steps before even reading these posts then got frusturated and looked for a solution on the internet and found out that i am not the only one having this issue, tried all the options and now i have got to the point where i just want to return the whole Spark Combo. Since DJI is acting like this is the first time they have heard this issue though there have been many complaints about RC not broadcasting WIFI after the firmware upgrade.
Instead of asking us stupid questions and send us useless links of youtube, they should come up with a fix and the only way the fix can be applied is through a patch on the assistant 2 which would allow us to connect RC and patch the broken firmware.

I totally agree with your comment. What makes me more frustrated is to see some people here posting suggestions that didn't even work with them. I also wish I could just return the whole combo. Unfortunately, that's not an option in New Zealand.
2018-7-29
Use props
Xeexo43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7073 ft
United Arab Emirates

ahmedalqassem Posted at 2018-7-29 00:09
I totally agree with your comment. What makes me more frustrated is to see some people here posting suggestions that didn't even work with them. I also wish I could just return the whole combo. Unfortunately, that's not an option in New Zealand.

This is the contact number  of DJI service center in NZ, you can call and ask about the refund procedure.

2018-7-29
Use props
CLIFF80
lvl.2

I have my bricked RC replace by local supplier. According to local supplier the only way to fix is replace and send the RC back to Dji.
2018-7-29
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

United States

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-28 09:06
There is the suggestion to connect ur RC with an OTG cable and go in Go4 and holde the hamburger symbol  til there pops up an menu where u can refresh the update or do a roll back. If that doesn't work you have to make a repair ticket im affraid..

Thanks for replying.

I connect the OTG and do the 10 sec hold and it gives me the option to roll back.

I pick a random firmware to downgrade to. I figure it does not matter, since it needs to update anyways.

It rolls back and I restart everything. the App says new update available. Great!

I do the update, and smother my remote in a pillow as it beeps like a timebomb in a cheesy 80's villian scene.

At about 3/4 the way to the spark restarts, it asks me to reconnect to the wifi which I do.

Update complete, shut down everything, including my phone and restart.

I start the spark, connect, start the RC, blinks red and run the app. Says firmware up to date.

Everything is great just no remote. I will have to retry maybe a diferent start up sequence with and without the OTG but the remote sadly blinks red.
I guess I can open a ticket, but I seriously hope they do not expect to charge us for this service. This update literaly sabotaged my perfectly working remote.
2018-7-29
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

Yeey! Just got mail from DJI that confirms the problem on my RC, it gets repaired for free (warranty) I will b flying by the end of next week i hope :-) Nice, ty DJI :-)
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ahmedalqassem Posted at 2018-7-28 00:29
I tried a couple of OTG cables and they didn't work with the remote. If this solution has been known to fix this issue which seems to be affecting many customers, I would go and buy a new OTG cable. Otherwise, I should get a replacement unit without any extra hassle. I bought this unit less than half a year ago. Thanks

Sorry about this. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support Once the unit arrived, the local team will do damage assessment and offer you a proper solution according to the after-sales policy.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fishneck Posted at 2018-7-28 01:18
I am still having no luck connecting by using OTG which looks like the last resort(3 phones 1 ios tablet using 5 different OTGs and mavic pro's official cable too). I know I am not the only one and seems a lot of people are having the same issue and starting a new thread.
Now I am worrying because I cannot provide an invoice purchase number and Purchase channel as I received this as a gift. I will only find out when they reply on my email. I am praying and gave up diagnosing this myself.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. May I know what's your current location? Could you send us the aircraft SN for verifying?
2018-7-30
Use props
ViPatrik
lvl.3
Sweden

wimherman Posted at 2018-7-30 01:13
Yeey! Just got mail from DJI that confirms the problem on my RC, it gets repaired for free (warranty) I will b flying by the end of next week i hope :-) Nice, ty DJI :-)

So can we say it would be better if we do NOT update the firmware of the RC, and wait for the next one from DJI?
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

10_ray Posted at 2018-7-28 02:17
Hi Susan,

OTG still can't be detected by my phone. Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Thanks for getting back to us. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may send it in for diagnosis. Please try to contact the local dealers or write an email to support@dji.com, the designated team will guide you the further steps.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dug0 Posted at 2018-7-28 05:42
I now have a case number. It is CAS-2051624-B9H5Y3. I also got a UPS shipping label from them for free shipping to Texas repair center. I will get this in route in the beginning of next week. Hopefully they figure it out. I will post any info I receive. Thanks for everyone's help and you also Susan

Received with thanks! The local team will take care once the unit arrived, we'll keep an eye on the status as well. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-7-28 06:51
I updated sucessfuly. But my remote light is red and blinks. OTG seems to not have any affect. Everytime I open the app I can only fly with the phone.

Thanks for reaching us. Just to verify, have you tried to link RC? You may refer to this tutorial video:
2018-7-30
Use props
Borko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2894 ft
Germany

Hi everyone, I have the same issue after failed firmware update. I bought the RC @ TomTop in the Net from CN but living in DE. So I contacted the DJI service via chat. After they checked my SN  the told me that the warranty is not valid and I have to send on my own cost to the service in the  manufacturing country. due to the costs and the time I'm not realy keen to do so, since there is a danger of loosing the RC totaly. Any suggestions ? I'm realy dissapointed of this kind o service policy and customer oriantation from DJI! Since it isn't my fault, that the RC brick I would expect more fairness and support from DJI
:-(
Thank you in advance for your suggestions or help if possible. (btw. I tried all suggestions to solve the issue by my own, which are metioned in this Forum)
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

@wimherman, i had been reading your posts since you started posting and i have done exactly the same steps before even reading these posts then got frusturated and looked for a solution on the internet and found out that i am not the only one having this issue, tried all the options and now i have got to the point where i just want to return the whole Spark Combo. Since DJI is acting like this is the first time they have heard this issue though there have been many complaints about RC not broadcasting WIFI after the firmware upgrade.
Instead of asking us stupid questions and send us useless links of youtube, they should come up with a fix and the only way the fix can be applied is through a patch on the assistant 2 which would allow us to connect RC and patch the broken firmware.

Xeexo43, I understand your disappointment and very sorry about. If you have the similar issue, please kindly send the RC in for diagnosis, we'll follow up until this figures out.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Borko Posted at 2018-7-30 03:24
Hi everyone, I have the same issue after failed firmware update. I bought the RC @ TomTop in the Net from CN but living in DE. So I contacted the DJI service via chat. After they checked my SN  the told me that the warranty is not valid and I have to send on my own cost to the service in the  manufacturing country. due to the costs and the time I'm not realy keen to do so, since there is a danger of loosing the RC totaly. Any suggestions ? I'm realy dissapointed of this kind o service policy and customer oriantation from DJI! Since it isn't my fault, that the RC brick I would expect more fairness and support from DJI
:-(
Thank you in advance for your suggestions or help if possible. (btw. I tried all suggestions to solve the issue by my own, which are metioned in this Forum)

Hi Borko, we're sorry for the troubles. Currently, we do not support to repair at your end. For your situation, you may send it to the local service center for repair. It might be a paid service, but ensure the RC will work well after repair.
2018-7-30
Use props
Borko
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-30 03:31
Hi Borko, we're sorry for the troubles. Currently, we do not support to repair at your end. For your situation, you may send it to the local service center for repair. It might be a paid service, but ensure the RC will work well after repair.

What mean to the local service center? In China? How is the process for this. Because the service at the chat just finished the conversation with no further information for me.
2018-7-30
Use props
Borko
lvl.1
Germany

totaly agree with you. that will be the only acaptable customer oriented solution. but i don't think that DJI is able or willing to do so. High quality on product and poor service
2018-7-30
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Norway

ViPatrik Posted at 2018-7-30 02:23
So can we say it would be better if we do NOT update the firmware of the RC, and wait for the next one from DJI?

I really dont know. If i look to the serialno it looks like im getting a new one. It can be hardware related that the update crashes. In that case, the next update will not solve a problem with his update. Thats my hypothesis for what its worth. Because i think, and hope for DJI, most ppl have no problems with updating.
So i think you should give it a try, and when your RC bricks, contact DJI. But maybe wait for a convienent monent ;-)
2018-7-30
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-30 03:14
Thanks for reaching us. Just to verify, have you tried to link RC? You may refer to this tutorial video: https://youtu.be/GOi9WiS-PF8

Hello Susan..

Method one will not work. The Spark will not connect to Wifi

Method two does not work I hold the pause, function and custom button down and it does not go into linking mode.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Borko Posted at 2018-7-30 03:39
What mean to the local service center? In China? How is the process for this. Because the service at the chat just finished the conversation with no further information for me.

Borko, thanks for getting back to us. May I know what's your current location? For warranty claim, you may consider sending the unit to China Mainland for diagnosis. See whether your friends or sellers in China can help.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nate The Great Posted at 2018-7-30 12:28
Hello Susan..

Method one will not work. The Spark will not connect to Wifi

Sorry about this. For this kind of situation, please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
The local team will take care once the unit arrived.
2018-7-31
Use props
Nate The Great
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-31 00:44
Sorry about this. For this kind of situation, please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
The local team will take care once the unit arrived.

Thanks I will send it in.

Case Number: CAS-2066202-F3T4T7
CAS-2066202-F3T4T7
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules