Link to Chinese phone number to activate product
2980 9 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_q6E4FDtbfODJ
lvl.1
United States

Ive been waiting for over 3 days for a response on how to activate my mavic platinum now.
It keeps requesting a chinese number to verify to activate my drone.
I only have a british mobile number.
This verification step is not in any tutorials!
Please can you advise how i can resolve this asap as its seriously frustrating that ive spent a lot to buy it and i cant use it!
Ive sent images to the helpline but still have no helpful response!
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble.  Can you please "Clear the Cache" under settings in the app? Take the aircraft to an open area with strong GPS signal, connect your mobile device to a local network, power up the aircraft and launch DJI GO 4 app again.
2018-7-19
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Out of curiousity, did you purchase your Mavic Pro Platinum in China or in England? Hope you can activate it soon and get on the air
2018-7-19
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you manage to sort this issue
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_q6E4FDtbfODJ
lvl.1
China

dronto Posted at 2018-7-19 04:20
Out of curiousity, did you purchase your Mavic Pro Platinum in China or in England? Hope you can activate it soon and get on the air

Hi there. I bought it in the Shanghai DJI store and they reassured me there would be no issue using it in Europe.
I assume there's no difference in software otherwise I hope they would have told me.
Thanks, James
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_q6E4FDtbfODJ
lvl.1
China

Exib Posted at 2018-7-19 04:25
Did you manage to sort this issue

Not yet unfortunately
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_q6E4FDtbfODJ
lvl.1
China

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-7-19 03:41
Hi there, sorry for the trouble.  Can you please "Clear the Cache" under settings in the app? Take the aircraft to an open area with strong GPS signal, connect your mobile device to a local network, power up the aircraft and launch DJI GO 4 app again.

Hi there. Unfortunately it still asks for the chinese number.
Why does it do this when all the videos and instructions say that it only requires an email to activate it?
2018-7-19
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

djiuser_q6E4FDtbfODJ Posted at 2018-7-19 04:49
Hi there. I bought it in the Shanghai DJI store and they reassured me there would be no issue using it in Europe.
I assume there's no difference in software otherwise I hope they would have told me.
Thanks, James

Thanks for your kind sharing James.

When I visited DJI Flagship Store in Shenzhen China, I recalled there were many tourists who bought Mavic Pro there.

I would assume that you should be able to activate your drone regardless the origin of purchase.
Did you try what Paladin suggested?

All the best...you will have lots of fun with the Platinum once it's activated
2018-7-19
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure I thought the drone or /app would know you are in the UK and then let you proceed to register
2018-7-19
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

Hello, i had this issue some time ago. In my case after an update the dji go 4 app had the correct maps for china clicked. Switching that off did the trick. (Tried a screenshot, but it only shows with connection to the drone and I don't have it with me).
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules