Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung s9
3446 12 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryereelfishn
New
Flight distance : 61634 ft

Anyone know when the Samsung s9 will be supported for a Mavic Pro?  Very frustrated my mavic worked fine with my iphone8. Bought the samsung s9 and haven't been able to use my drone since. Found out with support that its not on the supported device list.

Anyone have any intel on when? I am about to switch back to the iphone but that is very frustrating.
2018-7-19
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try these tips. Many people have used them to successfully configure Android devices that are not supported by DJI.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. As of the moment, we don't have any updates about the compatibility of Samsung S9 to your drone. Rest assured that we will keep improving our app to provide more option when in terms of phone compatibility. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-7-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Surprising, I flew my Pro with the S9+ and it works fine.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Suren Posted at 2018-7-19 07:28

That's great to know! However, as of the moment, the Samsung S9+ is not fully compatible with the Mavic Pro. Just in case you experience a problem with the compatibility please let us know. Thank you!
2018-7-19
Use props
ryereelfishn
New

Suren Posted at 2018-7-19 07:28

That seems to be what I am reading. It works for some and others NADA.  It won't "Connect to device" when on RC Controller.  
2018-7-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

ryereelfishn Posted at 2018-7-19 09:23
That seems to be what I am reading. It works for some and others NADA.  It won't "Connect to device" when on RC Controller.

Are you using the side port or bottom usb port because mine connects to the bottom usb port fine
2018-7-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-7-19 09:04
That's great to know! However, as of the moment, the Samsung S9+ is not fully compatible with the Mavic Pro. Just in case you experience a problem with the compatibility please let us know. Thank you!

Thanks Will do
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ryereelfishn Posted at 2018-7-19 09:23
That seems to be what I am reading. It works for some and others NADA.  It won't "Connect to device" when on RC Controller.

Hi, as of the moment, we haven't tested yet the Samsung S9 with our DJI GO 4 app, however, that doesn't mean that it will never work with the Samsung s9 and since we haven't tested it, we cannot guarantee if this will work effectively with our DJI GO 4 app. Thanks for understanding.
2018-7-19
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I have the S9+, so there will be little difference.
A super smartphone and super bright screen, but it is impractical for use with a drone. I have switched back to a dedicated Samsung J7.
I had no failure with the GO 4 with the S9+, so in my case it worked well.
I think you will regret using it with the drone, especially if you need the left screen controls and end up with the soft buttons activating and the app shutting down.
Many other use issues as well.
Good luck.
2018-7-19
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft

Use app version 4.2.16. Latest app for android is horrible. S9 outspecs devices on the list.
2018-7-20
Use props
Foerstar
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there,

i am new to the drone business but i got a mavic 2 pro but i have some issues with the Samsung S9 phone with the latest Android version. Drone, remote and phone are on the latest firmware.

sometimes the app would not go into fly mode, it says connected but it won´t go in "go fly" mode. Somtimes it goes into fly mode and loses connection again for several times.  I have to re power drone, remote and the phone than it works sometimes i try 4-5 times start the app new unplug the usb cable on the side for some reason it works. After it´s back to work its usually ok für 2-3 batteries.

Today i experienced while flying connection loss of the phone app and remote. So the drone was flying without remote. Got it back after a few seconds but from then connection lost every 10 seconds for some seconds. Really annoying drone came back in "rescue mode" i restarted everything but the same problem occured after half a minute. unable to contuine to fly.

NOt sure if it´s just a Phone - Android problem or something weird with the control as well. Because i lost the control .

Thanks for helping
2018-9-12
Use props
ryereelfishn
New
United States

I never could get my mine to work correctly with my samsung - some have luck - others dont. I went back to the iphone because it was supported.
2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules