Sent in my Phantom today
945 10 2015-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gasquetmike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1546834 ft
United States

Well i shipped off my crashed phantom to DJI today. It will be interesting to see what the damages are and how long it takes. I will keep you all informed.
2015-5-21
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I've seen others on the forum say 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe it won't take that long.....that's too long to go without flying.
2015-5-21
Use props
gasquetmike
lvl.3
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-5-22 07:35
I've seen others on the forum say 6 to 8 weeks. Maybe it won't take that long.....that's too long to ...

I hear ya, im just wondering what the $damage will be.......
2015-5-21
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I just blew an  ESC this evening on mine....tipped on landing. Throttle was in the detent and motors we're spinning down. I guess it was enough cause I could smell the electronics. Powered up against and went to start motors and got a puff of smoke from the front left ESC....dang it. I've got about 30 flights on the Phantom.
2015-5-21
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Yep, it happens. I keep spare motors and ESC's on hand. Cost me less than shipping to get DJI to fix. Plus I don't care for the 9 week turn around. I'm a DIY guy now after waiting over two months for a repair. Talked to DJI and they would not extend the warranty for the two months they had it. Just my 2 cents.
2015-5-22
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

mine was shipped friday and will arrive tuesday, just about exactly 8 weeks from the day it was delivered to dji.  they are replacing mine with a "refurbished" one, whatever that means.  hopefully it means it will stay alive longer.
2015-5-24
Use props
gasquetmike
lvl.3
United States

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-5-25 00:10
mine was shipped friday and will arrive tuesday, just about exactly 8 weeks from the day it was deli ...

how are repair costs? I probably need a new shell and at least 2 motors?
2015-5-24
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

gasquetmike@gma Posted at 2015-5-25 00:45
how are repair costs? I probably need a new shell and at least 2 motors?

Few  days  ago i was testing  my new antennas   and booster  app , om the qay back i realized  thay my motor was loose ,  whem i looked at iy it only had one sctew holding it amd it was  half way in , soooooo lucky i foumd it when  it was dark too, ao i was all excited  that  i caught  the bad problem ,  it literally  jad 1 minute  fligjt left on that  last  screw ,  so i looked  at extra screwell ws  i had  and stared  to put iy together ,and   of course  i was  in a hurry   and put the longer screw in , after  realizing  it i looked at the motor and sute enough  iy. Pushed the brass wires  that  are  inside  the motor,after  moving them nack to place so they  dont hit the outside  of the motor casing  it seemed  all good for a while ,  good thing  i didn't  take it higjer tjen 10 feet , it all of a sudden  dropped deas, it gelt like someone  unplugged tje battery , it rolled   fast  on the ground , but nothing  happened ,  started  back up and flew rigjt away,today  it jappend again from about 6 feet , dead  stop  of all motors   (from what  it looked like) into fast  roll a into tjr grass , buy this time it bent the frame,prop is hitting  tje frame now,i vam fix frame ir buy new,im just7 puzzled  what  caused  it,to think about it,evem if i were  to cut  tje wire  inside  the motor   it either drip once  and for good , bit not twice , anyone  had similar  problem ? BTW  sorry  for bad post  im literally  typing  blind , this   forum  don't  opeb on my nite2 for some reason , tje window im typing  in is under my keyboard  
2015-5-25
Use props
gasquetmike
lvl.3
United States

philml420@gmail Posted at 2015-5-26 01:54
Few  days  ago i was testing  my new antennas   and booster  app , om the qay back i realized  tha ...

LOL!... Its like one of those tests you see on face book," if you can read this" ...hahaha! Yes, i can guarantee you when I get mine back and after reading all the other horror stories im going to be one paranoid flyer! Might have to fly over a big net all the time?
2015-5-25
Use props
philml420
lvl.2

United States

any program i can use to collect data next time i fly it? if it crash again i would like to know what exactly cause it
2015-5-25
Use props
gasquetmike
lvl.3
United States

philml420@gmail Posted at 2015-5-26 05:39
any program i can use to collect data next time i fly it? if it crash again i would like to know wha ...

Im just glad i found mine and the video turned out, or i would have never known. Other than that i dont know.
2015-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules