Mavic Air Will Not Connect to Remote Controller
741 5 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FNFDDQ
lvl.1
United States

Remote Controller Error; I received the drone on 07/06/18 and it worked great. I did a test flight and familiarized myself with the controls. I came back to the drone again on Monday, 07/09/18 and the drone could no longer connect to the controller. Additionally, the controller would not charge. When I plug the controller into my iPhone, it is as if the controller does not recognize my phone. I kept getting stuck on Step 3 of the setup process and the "Link with the aircraft" button was grayed out on my phone. I can control the drone by just using my phone, but not with the controller. All in all, the controller won't charge and I can't connect the remote controller to the drone. I only had the Air for 3 days before I had to send it back to DJI. DJI received the drone Monday 07/16/18 and didn't check the drone in until 2 days later. On 07/18/18, at 7:45 A.M, the repair status changed to "
Conducting Damage Assessment." It is now the next day and there is still no update. I had planned to take the drone on vacation and was not expecting to be without it for now almost 3 weeks. If the case could possibly be escalated, I would appreciate it. It's very sad to spend $1000 on something and be without it for this long because a controller won't work.

Thanks so much.

Case #- CAS-1982661-K1H8D6

2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We will coordinate this one to the correct department for us to help you. Thank you.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Collin, we're very sorry to hear about this. For Mavic remote controller repair case , it will approximately take 8-10 business days excluding the shipping. And we do have specific time frame for every steps. I'll have your case escalated so we can proceed with the next step the soonest time possible. You can check your email associated on this case for any update. Thank you.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi again Collin, quotation has been sent to you and I'm glad to inform you that the repair will be covered under warranty. Case status is now under Payment Confirmed. You may contact our Customer Support directly to check for update. Have a great day!
2018-7-19
Use props
FNFDDQ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana-
I appreciate the reply. Thank You.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FNFDDQ Posted at 2018-7-19 14:17
DJI Diana-
I appreciate the reply. Thank You.

Glad to know Diana was able to help with your case, hope you will receive it soon. If you need any assistance during this process, please let us know any time.
2018-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules