3527 1 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kernel Droner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 748156 ft
United States

Hello to all.
I've found lots of information about the need to calibrate your TB47 and TB 48 batteries. I certainly understand the reasons why. But, there are lots of opinions around about specifically how to do it.

DJI contradicts itself in the manual for the battery saying both:
"Discharge the battery until there is 0% power or until it can no longer be turned on, then recharge it to the maximum capacity. This power cycling procedure will optimize battery life."
Then on the very next page they state:
"It is recommended to dispose the battery if battery life drops to 0%"

Now, I think I know what they mean to say, but this is far from a clear message.

I'm curious about a few things. When I discharge the battery, should it have come down from a full charge without being powered off? Or can I take a battery flown yesterday which is at say 15%, install it into the drone to discharge to 0% and then charge it back to 100%? Some have recommended that instead of dropping to 0%, you aim instead for 3.3 volts in flight (inches from the ground at the end) and then land, but leave your drone on props off until it turns itself off which would represent being depleted.

Lots of info, just want to do the right thing. Hoping for someone from DJI to weigh in here.

Thanks everyone!
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Thanks for reaching out DJI forum. Actually, all of the information that you mention above is all applicable when discharging the battery. I recommend you to discharge the battery from 5% to 0% so that the battery could be calibrated. If you have other concern, please let us know. Thank you!
2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules