MAVIK IMU altitude exception error
3828 9 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhilNJ
lvl.1
United States

9 out of 10 flights I get a "can't take off"  error. Says IMU altitude exception.      If I wait a couple minutes and lift the Mavik up it clears and I can take off.  However with in a few minutes the displayed Altitude is way off!    I tried re-cal and no change.  Latest firmware no crashes only about 30 flights.  Is this something I can fix or must it go back?  Phil
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Pro. May we ask what is the brand or make of the mobile device where you downloaded the app?  Also, what is the firmware of your aircraft? Thank you.
2018-7-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Have you tried to calibrate the IMU? Or try to refresh the firmware.
2018-7-19
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Phil
Had a similar IMU Error after the latest Firmware update
Got great advise from the forum.
Had to recalibrate the IMU. Just make sure that the surface is perfectly level.
After that it was back to IMU normal.
2018-7-19
Use props
PhilNJ
lvl.1
United States

Thx 4 reply. Mine has done it since day 1, before and after updates and re cal.
2018-7-20
Use props
PhilNJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-19 07:18
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Pro. May we ask what is the brand or make of the mobile device where you downloaded the app?  Also, what is the firmware of your aircraft? Thank you.

Latest updates and Ipad mini 4.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PhilNJ Posted at 2018-7-20 09:31
Latest updates and Ipad mini 4.

Hi, please make sure to follow the steps on calibrating the IMU from our official YouTube channel. Thank you.

2018-7-20
Use props
PhilNJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-20 09:36
Hi, please make sure to follow the steps on calibrating the IMU from our official YouTube channel. Thank you.

DJI Mavic Pro - IMU Calibration

How do I get an RMA to get this fixed?  Have re-caled 5-6 times. Still getting IMU errors with altitude, baro. I can get the error to clear however after a few minutes of flying the altitute reading is way off. For example 100 feet in the air and alitute reads -7 feet. Need an RMA
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PhilNJ Posted at 2018-7-24 05:17
How do I get an RMA to get this fixed?  Have re-caled 5-6 times. Still getting IMU errors with altitude, baro. I can get the error to clear however after a few minutes of flying the altitute reading is way off. For example 100 feet in the air and alitute reads -7 feet. Need an RMA

Hi, if its still getting errors we really have to send it for quality assessment and have it repaired. Please refer to the link below for you to fill out the form. Thank you.

Online Repair Request
2018-7-26
Use props
PhilNJ
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, came back working like a champ now!
2019-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules