Enough is enough
1336 15 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PetLabarak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65512 ft
Canada

I'm sad, i loved my Mavic pro. Out of the box last years the drone was flying perfectly. Month after month things deteriorate till i don't trust anymore my drone. Tired to gamble 1000$ every time i update or fly my drone.

DJI got awesome quality hardware, but software and firmware ... no comments.

So .. i sold my drone yesterday

I will buy a new one later if DJI improve their stability, if not competitor.

P.s. This thread is useless and i dont know why i wrote this here... but i clic submit.
goodbye
2018-7-19
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

Thanks for your kind sharing...do you mind elaborating what did you refer to as "things deteriorating"?
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

If you didn't, you probably should have rolled Mavic Pro firmware back to .0200 or .0100.  Along rollingback GO-4 App to .14.
Then given your Mavic Pro a test flight before deciding to sell it.

2018-7-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No harm in cutting your losses - the value of the MP will drop massively when the MP2 is released so you may have saved yourself a few quid pulling out now - it's all tech at the end of the day. Shame you had a bad end with your drone though - fingers crossed you get back into it when something new comes through.
2018-7-19
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

The forum is filled with users having problems , DJI isnt doing much about it. Its a Snowball effect when realising a product that didnt go through a solid testing. Imagen this would have been a car, a phone, or even worse a real helicopter. We are the paying testers for this. So I totaly understand why people give up. My Mavic has been in the shelf collecting dust waiting for better times
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your feedback, rest assured that this will be heard and reach the right department. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-7-19
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

I was going to buy a Mavic Pro during Amazon Prime day but just couldn't pull the trigger with all the  problems  with the software and firmware so I will wait until  this fall and hope these problems will be fixed  or I will buy a competitors Drone.
2018-7-19
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Sorry to hear about your story. I can somewhat understand it.
I have had mine since jan 2017 and hardly no problems at all. I think this forum is a way of asking others for advice for different areas.

This forum have a lot of reports/complaints that things don't work but we are missing a lot of success stories here I think.
I am on IoS and I think we have had an easier journey than the guys on Android platform, not excusing DJI here, the software must become better in many aspects.

I hope you find a solution that makes you feel better.
2018-7-19
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Oh dear. How Sad.  Never Mine.

Who cares.
2018-7-19
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Italy

The hardware is good , but everything else is a gamble.
Software and firmware arent fully smoke tested when released. So we are the once taking the risk of beeing beta testers. A better way would to gradually rollout updates.
Start with china , if ok after 4weeks rollout to other countries. China beeing an example .
2018-7-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-7-19 11:13
I was going to buy a Mavic Pro during Amazon Prime day but just couldn't pull the trigger with all the  problems  with the software and firmware so I will wait until  this fall and hope these problems will be fixed  or I will buy a competitors Drone.

I understand.  Only other option was to buy Mavic Pro, and if it came running latest software (not bloody likely); roll software back if you ran into problems.

Speaking of rollback, I am getting ready to do that with GO-4 App running on my Cs-Ub.  Need a few more beers to numb pain prior too.  
2018-7-23
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Cs-Ub.   ?
2018-7-23
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I share 110% your feelings.
Incompetence and silence irritate more than soft/fw problems.
In my country there is a saying that says "Good intentions, hell is full"
I should even sell my Mavic Air. I should throw it in some hole or go to court to get my money back. The countdown timer has already been triggered.
2018-7-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Short for CrystalSky Ultra Bright like MPp Mavic Pro Platinum
2018-7-23
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Litchi has been DJI's saving grace for me and many others I know. Otherwise I'd have sold the MP as well. Tired and tired of all the app issues, then being referred to other devices, then you use those recommended devices and they too have issues. You hope a firmware or app fix is going to to remedy the problems and they only get worse. For android, this has gone on for months and months.

Almost all the Android users in our club here have already ordered competitor drones. Simply tired of waiting. Perhaps the partnership with Apple was not the greatest move for DJI ? Was at a local Best Buy and talking to the sales guy in the dept who is a neighbor's son, and he told me many see the "optimized for iOS" and they don't buy it because they say "I just bought a new Samsung from here not long ago. So do these work with Samsung or not?" He also said they had many recent returns of Mavic Pros due to the connection problems. I guess DJI will have more refurbs to sell.
2018-7-23
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

I'm still flying my MP with the 1.3.700 FW and it flies great. It's also the last FW version where you can bypass NFZs.

Also flying it only using my own app, which I have been developing since the days of my Phantom 3. It has lots of features that DJI GO will probably never have. I use DJI GO only for IMU calibrations.

I'm enjoying every second flying it.

Too bad DJI is ruining it's great hardware with mediocre software. I fear the day I will have to retire my MP and move on.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules