Compatibility with DJI Wireless Follow Focus?
3255 8 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike12345
lvl.2
United States

Does the DJI Wireless Follow Focus motor work with the Ronin-S focus wheel?  I'd rather not wait for the official external motor for the Ronin-S...

2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mike, DJI Focus Motor is compatible with Ronin-S, please check more details of how to use it with Ronin-S here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nw28gorkdh4aeg/External_focus.pdf?dl=0
Please let me know if it helps, thank you.

2018-7-22
Use props
Kwan
lvl.3
United States

Hey Mindy,
Its say "You  must  connect  the  Focus  Motor  to  the  Focus  Remote."
I am only planning to purchase motor not the complete system. Is it possible to purchase motor with new firmware on it.

Also how long dod we have to wait for official external motor for Ronin S please.
2018-8-3
Use props
djiuser_AEndbrD0cR8n
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-22 23:36
Mike, DJI Focus Motor is compatible with Ronin-S, please check more details of how to use it with Ronin-S here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5nw28gorkdh4aeg/External_focus.pdf?dl=0

I have the focus motor connected to the ronin s with, all firmware updated.  The ronin s led light is green (I think, maybe its yellow).  Two presses and it will begin autocal, but it will only stop with 2 button presses.  Nothing else will move the focus motor.  What should I do?
2018-8-25
Use props
sniblett.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 719754 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same thing... I don't think that this actually works... Anybody succeeded ??
2018-10-6
Use props
philipreichwein
lvl.2
Flight distance : 511660 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey Guys,
we tried it out with our DJI Focus and Ronin-S - Like djiuser_AEndbrD0cR8n said - after double click the motor wheel turns, we pressed it hard against our Zeiss cine lens and it stops after checking the whole focus wheel. Calibration "done" - after that, we have NO controll over the motor with the Ronin-S-Focus wheel. We can´t find any information on the internet about that... no informations  from DJI ..   i think we have to switch to Zihuan
2018-10-23
Use props
colinr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18930 ft
United States

philipreichwein Posted at 2018-10-23 08:31
Hey Guys,
we tried it out with our DJI Focus and Ronin-S - Like djiuser_AEndbrD0cR8n said - after double click the motor wheel turns, we pressed it hard against our Zeiss cine lens and it stops after checking the whole focus wheel. Calibration "done" - after that, we have NO controll over the motor with the Ronin-S-Focus wheel. We can´t find any information on the internet about that... no informations  from DJI ..   i think we have to switch to Zihuan

Anyone had luck with this? I'm experiencing the same issue. DJI Mindy? Don't just give us documentation that nobody can get to work and then not respond. I too am running all current firmware and am connected with the correct cable as per your instructions. A double click on the focus wheel button is the only thing that the motor responds too and then only to turn until double-clicked again. Any thoughts about if this can actually be made to work or not?
2019-6-30
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think there are two different concerns in this thread. ive the ronis s focus motote and using the supplied dji ronin s focus wheel. using it with a sony alpha a99 MKII and zeiss 24-70 ssm II. no issues.
2019-7-6
Use props
fans7eb7359c
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-22 23:36

Hey Mindy! Did you ever follow up on this manual linked in your comment? Looks like everyone with the original motor from the DJI WIRELESS FOCUS system has the same issues. I too am able to calibrate a lens by double-clicking on the button on the RONIN-S WHEEL, but after that, nothing happens. The wheel does not respond.

Has anyone managed to make this work?
2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules