Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cpu fully loaded - HELP
3780 19 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAPilot
lvl.4

Several weeks ago I began getting the following message:
“Mobile device cpu fully loaded. Related performance will be degraded”, freezing/distorted video, and irregular response to control inputs.

My Configuration: Mavic Air with all latest versions of all firmware, DJI Go 4 current version, as of yesterday. iPhone 6, 64G, with current iOS 11.4.1.

First, I was surprised about the cpu loading since everything was running fine for several weeks after I bought the Mavic Air.

I killed all running apps except for Go, after a restart. I also disabled features in the app, such as caching, and did not turn on the screen recording, something I always did since day 1. No improvement.

I reinstalled firmware on the Mavic Air (including restart). No improvement.

All I can think of now is that there’s an issue with the DJI Go 4 app. Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas how to resolve? Anybody from DJI?

2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

To me this clearly looks like an issue with your mobile device and certainly not Mavic Air firmware. Close all other apps running on your mobile in the background and try again.
2018-7-19
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I have a similar issue with Mavic, detailed in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-152322-1-1.html
It was first fixed by upgrading iOS to 11.4 (on which I am still), then the problem came back, once I updated Mavic firmware to .0400
Control responsiveness is, however, fine during video freeze-ups. And I only get freeze-ups while video recording is on.
2018-7-19
Use props
MAPilot
lvl.4

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-19 12:22
To me this clearly looks like an issue with your mobile device and certainly not Mavic Air firmware. Close all other apps running on your mobile in the background and try again.

I already did  that - didn’t help.
2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

MAPilot Posted at 2018-7-19 12:37

Very strange, unfortunately I am not familiar with iOS devices at all. Hopefully others here will be able to help you. Sorry that I can't beyond of what I had suggested.
2018-7-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Here's what I do, when I get this message. I clear all cache inside of the go app. I mean all including firmware installation package. Also I only keep 30 days of flight records saved. I also delete all video and photos saved in the app.
2018-7-19
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Were you in the sun?
Has your iphone screen lost its brightness first?
Usually this happens when the equipment heats up too much or the ambient temperature is too high.
Try disabling notifications, Bluethooth and updates in the background
2018-7-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Woe Posted at 2018-7-19 12:41
Here's what I do, when I get this message. I clear all cache inside of the go app. I mean all including firmware installation package. Also I only keep 30 days of flight records saved. I also delete all video and photos saved in the app.

Great! You are one who knows the tricks for iOS...
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Do you ever get the ''Mobile device cpu fully loaded. Related performance will be degraded'' message running any other Apps?  Maybe while streaming a Live video feed?
2018-7-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-7-19 12:50
Great! You are one who knows the tricks for iOS...

Thanks, from what I've gather if you keep half of your storage
you don't overload the Cpu.
It's very stressful to be out flying and get lagging video and a overheating
device and a overload Cpu message.
Can you say GRAY HAIR
2018-7-19
Use props
MAPilot
lvl.4

TZero Posted at 2018-7-19 12:49
Were you in the sun?
Has your iphone screen lost its brightness first?
Usually this happens when the equipment heats up too much or the ambient temperature is too high.

It was mostly sunny, but that’s always been true-the environment is NOT causing the problem. The screen brightness did not change between periods of high cpu load. This is a problem that comes and goes during any given flight. It has happened when the controller was in the sun and when it was in the shade.
2018-7-19
Use props
MAPilot
lvl.4

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-19 12:52
Do you ever get the ''Mobile device cpu fully loaded. Related performance will be degraded'' message running any other Apps?  Maybe while streaming a Live video feed?

I have never seen this with any app, even with high resolution graphic games.
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Do an Internet search on "Related performance will be degraded".  Message has been around before.  In some cases message is tied to lack of free memory.  In other cases it is a matter of new GO version being more CPU intensive.  
2018-7-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

From months ago, previous thread with same message and response from DJI.
This is the new function added to iOS DJI GO/GO 4 app since version 3.1.12/4.1.2.
2018-7-19
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got the same message on iPad mini2 following grading to Go4 xxx .22.  Empty cache, no other apps running (dedicated iPad for flight). Neither RC, nor aircraft not connected.  Also running current iOS (11.4.1).  

Just checked Go4 on an iPad Mini4 (running nothing) and got the same message as Go4 was loading Go Fly screen.  Completely shut down both devices ( powered down completely ) and restarted Go4... No more message.

2018-7-20
Use props
MAPilot
lvl.4

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-19 18:50
Do an Internet search on "Related performance will be degraded".  Message has been around before.  In some cases message is tied to lack of free memory.  In other cases it is a matter of new GO version being more CPU intensive.

I’ve done that, and have yet to find a solution.
A well designed app should check the hardware to determine if it’s powerful enough to run that app.
2018-7-20
Use props
MAPilot
lvl.4

WebParrot Posted at 2018-7-20 04:40
Got the same message on iPad mini2 following grading to Go4 xxx .22.  Empty cache, no other apps running (dedicated iPad for flight). Neither RC, nor aircraft not connected.  Also running current iOS (11.4.1).  

Just checked Go4 on an iPad Mini4 (running nothing) and got the same message as Go4 was loading Go Fly screen.  Completely shut down both devices ( powered down completely ) and restarted Go4... No more message.

Hope the fix continues to work  for you. In my case, sometimes it’s there, and other times it’s not.
2018-7-20
Use props
MAPilot
lvl.4

This problem apparently has been around for quite a while WITH NO FIX.

I don’t understand why!  

My $1000 MA can’t be reliably used until this is fixed. The problem is clearly in the DJI app. What is DJI going to do to fix it?
2018-7-20
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I have high hopes for the comnig  iOS 12 and its promised improved performance for the older devices, like iPhone 6s (plus). My lagging problem appeared first after updating to iOS 11.1 from 9.3.5, but was alleviated somewhat after further upgrading to 11.4
2018-7-22
Use props
frankencopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

It's like someone selling you gas with water in it and when your car stops running, it must be the engine, not the fuel.  LOL!
2019-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules