Dronie from the top of a very high hill
925 20 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UniquePhotoArts
lvl.1

I was down in Dorset in the UK last week, whilst out walking i climbed a very high hill to get this 'Dronie', hope you like it.
http://www.answerit.co.uk/drone/colmers_hill.MP4

2018-7-19
Use props
BrilhasMuito
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Cant watch it keeps buffering on the beginning and never downlads it all.
2018-7-19
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

Where is this hill? It looks great!
2018-7-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one
2018-7-19
Use props
UniquePhotoArts
lvl.1

United Kingdom

@Carmenvail It’s called Colmers Hill at Chideock in Dorset, UK
2018-7-19
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28058 ft
Greece

Great dronie ! I wish it was possible to configure it so it will go out further, this hill looks great
2018-7-19
Use props
UniquePhotoArts
lvl.1

@ssakellaro Yes this would have been the perfect place to have it go out twice the distance on a dronie
2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good job      
2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Nice to see you post Footage ! The Backward Flight looks Wonderful on that Hill, exposing slowly its Beauty ! Welldone !
2018-7-20
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Greece

UniquePhotoArts Posted at 2018-7-20 00:07
@ssakellaro Yes this would have been the perfect place to have it go out twice the distance on a dronie

You can try a "manual dronie" next time !
Left stick full forward, Right stick full back !
2018-7-20
Use props
UniquePhotoArts
lvl.1

ssakellaro Posted at 2018-7-20 01:06
You can try a "manual dronie" next time !
Left stick full forward, Right stick full back !

Thanks, i'll try one.  Wasn't sure if i'd have to adjust the camera at the same time though, will see what happens.
2018-7-20
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Greece

UniquePhotoArts Posted at 2018-7-20 01:33
Thanks, i'll try one.  Wasn't sure if i'd have to adjust the camera at the same time though, will see what happens.

Indeed. I don't know if you have the "tracking" mode on if the camera will lock on you and allow you to fly with the remote and record video.
If that's possible it will be great, i need to try it now that i mention it, very handy if it works as expected
2018-7-20
Use props
UniquePhotoArts
lvl.1

ssakellaro Posted at 2018-7-20 01:56
Indeed. I don't know if you have the "tracking" mode on if the camera will lock on you and allow you to fly with the remote and record video.
If that's possible it will be great, i need to try it now that i mention it, very handy if it works as expected

I'm going to get out with mine a little later today, will see if that works, will be great to get it to track you and fly it much farther back.
2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

UniquePhotoArts Posted at 2018-7-20 02:18
I'm going to get out with mine a little later today, will see if that works, will be great to get it to track you and fly it much farther back.

Always make sure that you don't have obstacles behind you as you don't have rear obstacles avoidance on the Spark.

Keep a Watch Out for Branches and Powerlines, to avoid the Drone getting entangled or crashing.

Have a Good Time Mate ! Keep us updated on the Tracking Mode that Ssakellaro mentioned please.
2018-7-20
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Greece

UniquePhotoArts Posted at 2018-7-20 02:18

Great, please report back with your findings !

Do keep in mind that tracking detects and sticks to you with the color differences, so wear a bright white t-shirt on green background, or red shirt on a white background etc. (the bigger the contrast the better)
2018-7-20
Use props
UniquePhotoArts
lvl.1

ssakellaro Posted at 2018-7-20 02:28
Great, please report back with your findings !

Do keep in mind that tracking detects and sticks to you with the color differences, so wear a bright white t-shirt on green background, or red shirt on a white background etc. (the bigger the contrast the better)

Great advice, thanks :-)
2018-7-20
Use props
UniquePhotoArts
lvl.1

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-20 02:26
Always make sure that you don't have obstacles behind you as you don't have rear obstacles avoidance on the Spark.

Keep a Watch Out for Branches and Powerlines, to avoid the Drone getting entangled or crashing.

Yes thanks for that, i'm conscious of how much space i'll need to try it, got somewhere ideal.

Ufton Court

Ufton Court

2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

UniquePhotoArts Posted at 2018-7-20 02:38
Yes thanks for that, i'm conscious of how much space i'll need to try it, got somewhere ideal.
[view_image]

Now thats a Good Idea !

When Testing always make sure you find open spaces, even to follow the Drone with Visually.

You are the Boss Mate !
2018-7-20
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

And even without the supplemental oxygen.... woooow.   
2018-7-20
Use props
UniquePhotoArts
lvl.1

The wind picked up later in the day so i couldn't get to the field i wanted too, way too open.

Headed for a wooded area instead and managed the manual dronie, a little shaky and not to smooth in tracking mode but it worked.

Have shared 3 vids from the session.

http://www.answerit.co.uk/drone/dronie_manual.mp4

http://www.answerit.co.uk/drone/mortimer_woods.mp4

http://www.answerit.co.uk/drone/through_line_of_trees.mp4
2018-7-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UniquePhotoArts Posted at 2018-7-20 02:38
[view_image]

Nice shot     
2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules