Phantom 4 v2.0 usb connection problems
2841 7 2018-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin311233
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77080 ft
United States

I just bought a phantom 4 v 2.0 5 days ago. Yesterday, I was flying it as I have everyday since getting it, when it lost signal to the iPad I was using. I was able to go to where it was hovering some 200 feet up and it still would not reconnect. I was able to use the RC to land it safely.  It has not connected since then and after calling support 2 times today and being rushed off the phone by them and then waiting for 30 minutes on hold after getting home from work, only to have the tech that finally answered at 8pm EST ask me what this issue was only to hang up on me while I was telling him.  As I called back, it said it was after hours. Not a great start for a purchase of almost $2,000.

I have noticed that normally, the cable will charge whichever device I am hooking up to it, yet since yesterday it does not charge. I tried multiple cables using iPad Pro and iPhone X with the same result. No screen, disconnected, no charging.

I am within my return window but I really like this drone and just want it to work. There has to be someone else who has had this issue or can help me or point me in the right direction.

Thank you for any help!

2018-7-19
Use props
Kevin311233
lvl.1
United States

Btw, I tried link controller, no beeping and it won’t do anything when I press it. Also I can still connect and fly the  the drone, just a black screen saying disconnected.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having some issues with your newly purchased aircraft. May we ask what is the current version of your aircraft? You did mention below that you tried linking the remote controller. Please refer to the video below the procedure just to make it sure. Thank you.

2018-7-20
Use props
Kevin311233
lvl.1
United States

It is the phantom 4 v 2.0
2018-7-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Kevin, version would be meaning the firmware version...
2018-7-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The most important thing is to tell us what version of the iPad you are using. And just a tip, since it is only the app that is failing, it is good to remember that the RC unit is still the primary control device for the aircraft. If the app goes black on you, bring the aircraft back using the joysticks.

2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_UXsWyFFRQPXm
New
Flight distance : 1165 ft
Nigeria

I’m having this same issue, I changed the RC board and now there’s a cyan light by the battery bar and it’s still not connecting to the monitor.
2021-1-28
Use props
djiuser_UXsWyFFRQPXm
New
Flight distance : 1165 ft
Nigeria

I’m having this same issue, I changed the RC board and now there’s a cyan light by the battery bar and it’s still not connecting to the monitor.
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules