CAMERA MEASUREMENTS?
1613 12 2015-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

CAN SOMEONE WITH A P3P PLEASE POST MEASUREMENTS OF THE CAMERA LENS AND THE OUT SIDE THE CAMERA LENS WALL?  I AM TRING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CREATE A ND FILTER EIHER LENS OR IF IT CAN GO ON THE INSIDE THE CAMERA. IF ANYONE HAS ANY THOUGHTS THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
2015-5-21
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

GEE, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

The barrel is 31.45mm on the P3.  I've cut a gel filter with a 28mm diameter to fit on the inside of the lens cover.
LensCap06.jpg
2015-5-22
Use props
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

Lol sorry, my work computer usually stays with caps locked.. Would u please do a video on how to take the lens off? Also is there a certian gel you use and get from?
2015-5-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is the link.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 31&page=1#pid121610​.  Thank you Gil.
2015-5-22
Use props
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-23 10:04
GEE, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

The barrel is 31.45mm on the P3.  I've cut a gel filter with a 28mm diam ...

can you post a picture with the nd installed? where do you put it? behind the glass?
2015-5-23
Use props
gil
lvl.4
United States

CHRISWILLIAMS29 Posted at 2015-5-23 22:18
can you post a picture with the nd installed? where do you put it? behind the glass?

This wasn't anything high tech.  I used an X-Acto circle cutter to make a template out of a plastic sheet cutting board (both from Walmart).  The film type polarizing filter was ordered off of eBay.  Drew a circle on the film, used some scissors to cut it out (Made the circle just a smidgen larger than the actual filter to make allowances for sloppy cutting with the scissors).  Put a small notch in the film so I could tell I was turning the filter to adjust the polarizing effect.

Ta-da!
P3_HomemadeFilter.jpg

2015-5-23
Use props
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

Awesome, thank you.
2015-5-23
Use props
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

hey Gil, Someone recommended this to me. What do you think?  Roscolux N.9 filter media.  Two layers = 6 stops
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2015-5-23
Use props
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-24 00:37
This wasn't anything high tech.  I used an Xacto circle cutter to make a template out of a plastic  ...

sorry that other link did not work. here it is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... smid=A3Q2JX9DN8QLEZ
2015-5-23
Use props
gil
lvl.4
United States

CHRISWILLIAMS29 Posted at 2015-5-24 07:38
sorry that other link did not work. here it is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B781CQ/ref=ox_ ...

Wow, are you flying out in a white sand desert or somewhere up in the arctic?  Two layers for 6 f/stops seems like a bit much but hey, if that's what your'e looking for you certainly found it.  And with 480 square inches of the stuff you can make a whole bunch of filters!

(By the way, you can go back into your previous post and make corrections by clicking the "Editor" link in the bottom right corner)
2015-5-23
Use props
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

O ok. So what would u use ?  That is what was recommended to me. The one you put in , is that nd? And do u leave the filter in no matter what the lighting is ?
2015-5-23
Use props
gil
lvl.4
United States

CHRISWILLIAMS29 Posted at 2015-5-24 11:52
O ok. So what would u use ?  That is what was recommended to me. The one you put in , is that nd? An ...

I'm just using the polarizing filter for now.  I wanted to try and reduce some of the glare so the colors would be richer without having to fiddle with any post production.  Yes, I leave it in all the time.  And it's an ongoing process so I'm still experimenting.

Just like you'll need to do.  What works for me may not be what you want in the long run.  I wasn't trying to imply somebody else's suggestion was wrong.  That was probably just a reaction from my previous experience with still photograph where 6 full f/stops was a reducing a whole lot of light.  
2015-5-23
Use props
CHRISWILLIAMS29
lvl.2

United States

gil Posted at 2015-5-24 14:20
I'm just using the polarizing filter for now.  I wanted to try and reduce some of the glare so the ...

I understand, that makes sense . Once you've taken the lens off once I'm sure it easier to change filters after that if need be. Thanks Gil
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules