Use overseas
698 5 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sharpey1981
New
Australia

Hi,

Sorry if this is an obvious answer, but I currently fly my DJI P4P in australia using my iphone and the Telstra data. When travelling to Fiji how can I use the P4P without getting smashed by roaming costs?

Ive googled but not that technologically advanced and the jargon loses me quickly.

Cheers
2018-7-20
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1482434 ft
  • >>>

Sharpey: is it worth buying a cheap sim card over there and using that?
2018-7-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I currently fly my DJI P4P in australia using my iphone and the Telstra data.
When travelling to Fiji how can I use the P4P without getting smashed by roaming costs?

You don't use any Telstra data to fly .. none at all.
You could put the phone in airplane mode and/or remove the sim crd and it wouldn't affect your flying at all because you don't need any access to internet data to go flying.

I fly with a wifi only tablet and I fly where there's no wifi and everything works perfectly.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching our DJI Forum. It's not really necessary to use data when flying your drone. Just make sure that your RC and AC is linked to each other. Also, make sure to calibrate your drone when changing location. If you have any concern, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-7-20
Use props
Sharpey1981
New
Australia

sky wombat Posted at 2018-7-20 05:06
Sharpey: is it worth buying a cheap sim card over there and using that?

I think that a sim could be an option, hopefully its cheap. But looking at options below I may not need to. Got a few days before I leave so ill play around with turning things off on my phone and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone!
2018-7-20
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14950167 ft
  • >>>

Sharpey1981 Posted at 2018-7-20 08:26
I think that a sim could be an option, hopefully its cheap. But looking at options below I may not need to. Got a few days before I leave so ill play around with turning things off on my phone and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone!

If your device is offline you can still use the map within Go4 if you download you area of interest  (while connected to some WLan). That's the way it works for Android.
On iOS you have to zoom into the area of interest while on WLan and cache the map that way.
2018-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules