Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help to Choose Inspire 1 vs. 1 Pro vs. Inspire 2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

Hi All

I am relatively new and currently have been flying a Mavic Pro Platinum for the past few months. Perhaps I need to mention here that I have no experience/full understanding of Inspire 1 and Inspire 2 in general yet.

I was wondering if I may obtain perspective from Inspire owners here, which one shall I choose if were to decide to go for Inspire (considering the pros and cons):

Choice 1: DJI Inspire 2 NEW (need to pre-order as local stores typically don't stock Inspire 2): priced accordingly depending on the various specifications but in general more expensive here in Singapore compared to those in USI noticed DJI online store does not have the Inspire 2 Standard in stock...is it because it very popular?

Choice 2: DJI Inspire 1 PRE-OWNED: ~USD$1200

Choice 3: DJI Inspire 1 Pro (Black) NEW: ~USD$4,306

Thanks in advance

2018-7-20
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

I was told by the seller that the DJI Inspire 1 Pro (Black) is a limited edition....
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, Thank you for choosing DJI Drones as an addition AC. I will be posting a link where you can compare all the DJI Drones including the DJI Inspires Models. This link also contains all the specifications of the said Drones. Hope this can help you.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2018-7-20
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-20 11:00
Hi, Thank you for choosing DJI Drones as an addition AC. I will be posting a link where you can compare all the DJI Drones including the DJI Inspires Models. This link also contains all the specifications of the said Drones. Hope this can help you.

https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thanks much Stephen for the link. It’s very helpful. I couldn’t seem to find Inspire 1 Pro in Black though to compare
2018-7-20
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Pro and Pro Black are EXACTLY the same - just a colour change. 'Limited Edition' is just marketing tripe.

Your choice should be driven by what camera the various options can carry and which of those cameras will suit your needs.
Decide on those, then work backwards and you have your choice.
2018-7-20
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-7-20 18:31
Pro and Pro Black are EXACTLY the same - just a colour change. 'Limited Edition' is just marketing tripe.

Your choice should be driven by what camera the various options can carry and which of those cameras will suit your needs.

Thanks for your kind info and perspective.
2018-7-20
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Goodluck on getting the Inspire Dronto ! Its my dream to buy one in the Future ! Welldone !
2018-7-21
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 08:13
Goodluck on getting the Inspire Dronto ! Its my dream to buy one in the Future ! Welldone !

Thanks much Captain DMX_MT for your kind note..I am still in the "contemplating" phase
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

dronto Posted at 2018-7-21 08:20
Thanks much Captain DMX_MT for your kind note..I am still in the "contemplating" phase

Call me Darryl, Mate.

2018-7-21
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-7-21 08:22
Call me Darryl, Mate.

Nice meeting you here Darryl
2018-7-21
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

dronto Posted at 2018-7-21 08:30
Nice meeting you here Darryl

My Pleasure Mate !

2018-7-21
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

the pleasure and privilege are mine Darryl
2018-7-21
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronto Posted at 2018-7-20 08:29
I was told by the seller that the DJI Inspire 1 Pro (Black) is a limited edition....

like Farnk666 said, there is absolutely no difference between the white and black Inspire 1 Pros, that price is pretty ridiculous for an I1 these days unless it comes with many many relevant extras, I think in America the black edition was U$3 -500 more than the white, which is absurd in itself. get the white and paint it black, nobody will know the difference except your bank account. As to whether you should go for 1 or 2? it really depends on your bank account and your needs. Are you a professional photo/videographer? will you need a very fast craft? Frankly the biggest "advantage" is the fact that it is a bit newer tech with a few more smart functions and likely to have longer support  (if you can call it that) from DJI what with firmware updates and such which could or could not be beneficial. I'm afraid I think the I1 has run out of updates and support, very likely it will not see any smart functions added as anything of the sort would have it competing with the I2. I love the looks of the I2 and was my target when I got into the "big camera" DJIs but budget prohibited it at the time, now I've put so much into the I1 it's probably as costly as an I2 with the X4S, maybe more so. I ended up halting more investment on the I1 and getting a "portable" drone as I want to travel and possibly hike a bit and the I1 is a bit much for these old bones, so I jumped the DJI ship and went to Autel for the EVO, well, not jumped, I don't think old Inspiration will be replaced, but might be 2nd fiddle just because of convenience.
2018-7-21
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

mixchief Posted at 2018-7-21 14:21
like Farnk666 said, there is absolutely no difference between the white and black Inspire 1 Pros, that price is pretty ridiculous for an I1 these days unless it comes with many many relevant extras, I think in America the black edition was U$3 -500 more than the white, which is absurd in itself. get the white and paint it black, nobody will know the difference except your bank account. As to whether you should go for 1 or 2? it really depends on your bank account and your needs. Are you a professional photo/videographer? will you need a very fast craft? Frankly the biggest "advantage" is the fact that it is a bit newer tech with a few more smart functions and likely to have longer support  (if you can call it that) from DJI what with firmware updates and such which could or could not be beneficial. I'm afraid I think the I1 has run out of updates and support, very likely it will not see any smart functions added as anything of the sort would have it competing with the I2. I love the looks of the I2 and was my target when I got into the "big camera" DJIs but budget prohibited it at the time, now I've put so much into the I1 it's probably as costly as an I2 with the X4S, maybe more so. I ended up halting more investment on the I1 and getting a "portable" drone as I want to travel and possibly hike a bit and the I1 is a bit much for these old bones, so I jumped the DJI ship and went to Autel for the EVO, well, not jumped, I don't think old Inspiration will be replaced, but might be 2nd fiddle just because of convenience.

Hi Mixchief

Thanks so much for your very kind and detailed perspective.

The dilemma I am facing is I would lean toward Inspire 1 Pro initially because I am not a professional video/photographer and am not using the drone for work. Thus I can save lots of $.

However as you pointed out, the update and potential “upgrade-ability” is somewhat limited compared to Inspire 2 at this time and in the future most likely if I get Inspire 1 now.

I received my Mavic Pro Platinum as a surprise gift from my wife because she thinks of the portability for our travel. She has given green lights to either Inspire 1 Pro or Inspire 2 but I need to be aware that most likely I cannot bring either Inspire easily for travel and it will end up on the ground longer than my Mavic Pro Platinum something to consider given the large investment.

How is your Autel Evo so far? Do you enjoy it?

Thanks again and Happy Droning
2018-7-21
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronto Posted at 2018-7-21 17:41
Hi Mixchief

Thanks so much for your very kind and detailed perspective.

Yo are absolutely right, the Inspire doesn't travel well, meaning it really is inconvenient, either inspire specially the 2 will end up in the belly of the beast (yes I can be dramatic_) otherwise known as the checked baggage compartment which easily increases the cost of flying, you also need a usually NOT cheap flight case increasing your expenses further. There is also the issues of app and firmware not always being "friendly" So if travel is your motivation, unless it is generating income the Inspires are not the best idea. You have a drone that to this day is considered by many as THEE best drone on the market, they say the best camera is the one you have with you, the Mavic is more likely to be with you most of the time and those times it's not, you probably don't have an aerial camera with you. I have been carrying my Inspire in the trunk of my car daily take it out when I get to the office put it back on the way home and then from the trunk to the apartment. It's a pain in the ass and it's only flying maybe a day out of every week. when traveling unless you are in the wilderness the Inspires will attract attention, and if you are in the wilderness, trust me you don't want it on your back, well maybe if you ae in your 20s or in very good physical shape. Hmmmm, I think I'm selling myself out of the Inspire LOL. Anyway, the EVO, I've had it only one day, have done 2 batteries worth of "flying" getting acquainted more like it. It's a very nice drone, well built beautifully designed, and my favorite color. However I feel I pulled the trigger a bit soon as the iOS app is still not officially released, according to Autel, due to Apple dragging their heels getting it published. The "beta" app is available but I have run in a caveat because of the way I have my Apple ID setup, but I think it's easy to fix. Some have had issues with the rear obstacle avoidance and today I found out that it is only a warning system and not one that controls the craft, so it will annoy you with the bell but will crash if you don't heed the warning. On the other hand the front OAS is way to sensitive for my taste and I still have to get with Autel to see if this can be mellowed. battery charges in one hour an change depending on how low it is, I had one at 15% it was like an hour 10 to full, flight time consistently in 2 batteries has been 25 minutes mostly hovering in very gusty air, it's very compact and the camera is sweet, however I'm not pleased with low light performance, at all yet, maybe as I learn the nuances I'll find a happy medium. I am not mad at the purchase, but I'm wondering if I didn't pull the trigger too soon as it is not yet equipped with the 1" sensor something I didn't yet know. Anyway, thanks for reading my book, you'll probably be the only one
2018-7-21
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

mixchief Posted at 2018-7-21 18:12
Yo are absolutely right, the Inspire doesn't travel well, meaning it really is inconvenient, either inspire specially the 2 will end up in the belly of the beast (yes I can be dramatic_) otherwise known as the checked baggage compartment which easily increases the cost of flying, you also need a usually NOT cheap flight case increasing your expenses further. There is also the issues of app and firmware not always being "friendly" So if travel is your motivation, unless it is generating income the Inspires are not the best idea. You have a drone that to this day is considered by many as THEE best drone on the market, they say the best camera is the one you have with you, the Mavic is more likely to be with you most of the time and those times it's not, you probably don't have an aerial camera with you. I have been carrying my Inspire in the trunk of my car daily take it out when I get to the office put it back on the way home and then from the trunk to the apartment. It's a pain in the ass and it's only flying maybe a day out of every week. when traveling unless you are in the wilderness the Inspires will attract attention, and if you are in the wilderness, trust me you don't want it on your back, well maybe if you ae in your 20s or in very good physical shape. Hmmmm, I think I'm selling myself out of the Inspire LOL. Anyway, the EVO, I've had it only one day, have done 2 batteries worth of "flying" getting acquainted more like it. It's a very nice drone, well built beautifully designed, and my favorite color. However I feel I pulled the trigger a bit soon as the iOS app is still not officially released, according to Autel, due to Apple dragging their heels getting it published. The "beta" app is available but I have run in a caveat because of the way I have my Apple ID setup, but I think it's easy to fix. Some have had issues with the rear obstacle avoidance and today I found out that it is only a warning system and not one that controls the craft, so it will annoy you with the bell but will crash if you don't heed the warning. On the other hand the front OAS is way to sensitive for my taste and I still have to get with Autel to see if this can be mellowed. battery charges in one hour an change depending on how low it is, I had one at 15% it was like an hour 10 to full, flight time consistently in 2 batteries has been 25 minutes mostly hovering in very gusty air, it's very compact and the camera is sweet, however I'm not pleased with low light performance, at all yet, maybe as I learn the nuances I'll find a happy medium. I am not mad at the purchase, but I'm wondering if I didn't pull the trigger too soon as it is not yet equipped with the 1" sensor something I didn't yet know. Anyway, thanks for reading my book, you'll probably be the only one

Well noted on your kind pointers mixchief and facts about travel challenges with Inspire.

Hahaha I barely could let my drone be “kept” by the cruise security during our recent Disney Cruise, let alone having to keep it in the “beast’s belly”

Did you refer that there are apps/software issues beyond regular firmware update currently with Inspire 2?

I am curious what the expensive cases that you referred to look like for transporting Inspire 2 during travel.

Thanks much for your very detailed sharing of your flight experience with EVO.

Happy Droning
2018-7-21
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

If not a professional aerial photographer,  then stick with the Inspire 1......use some of the extra money for Batteries, ND Filters, Nice Case and you'll be way ahead,,, with money in your pocket.

The I-2 requires 2,  count-em   2 flight batteries for each flight.  That's close to $400 in the air every time you fly, not counting the AC.

Randy
2018-8-3
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronto Posted at 2018-7-21 21:39
Well noted on your kind pointers mixchief and facts about travel challenges with Inspire.

Hahaha I barely could let my drone be “kept” by the cruise security during our recent Disney Cruise, let alone having to keep it in the “beast’s belly”

just look at the I2 panic posts all over this forum and others. It seems to me that the I2 has been plagued more than the I1 with issues from very annoying to just about catastrophic and considering the investment any issue is major.
2018-8-3
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

mixchief Posted at 2018-8-3 15:13
just look at the I2 panic posts all over this forum and others. It seems to me that the I2 has been plagued more than the I1 with issues from very annoying to just about catastrophic and considering the investment any issue is major.

Thanks for your kind perspective
2018-8-4
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-3 10:47
If not a professional aerial photographer,  then stick with the Inspire 1......use some of the extra money for Batteries, ND Filters, Nice Case and you'll be way ahead,,, with money in your pocket.

The I-2 requires 2,  count-em   2 flight batteries for each flight.  That's close to $400 in the air every time you fly, not counting the AC.

Thanks for your kind perspective; you have a point here
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules