Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Controller Doesnt Work on Ronin-M
29726 20 2015-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
angus
lvl.1

Australia

Anyone else having problems with getting their remote controller to work on the Ronin-M?

I'm following the manual exactly. I turn on the Ronin M, press the bind button, it doesnt flash green, it goes green automatically. Then I turn the remote controller on, its fully charged, has the green power LED and 3 out of 4 small green LED's lit. Nothing happens. Think mine is faulty?
2015-5-21
Use props
anders_montgome
lvl.1

Norway

I did not have a problem with mine, it just connected when I turned the Ronin-M on. Try to reset all settings in the app, and turn on your ronin first, let it set for a few seconds, and then turn on the remote. When the ronin is turned on and the remote is not connected there is a red light that blinks, but it turns green when you turn on the remote.
Hope it will work for you.
2015-5-22
Use props
angus
lvl.1

Australia

My mistake!

on DJI Assistant under "More" there is a setting called Internal Receiver off, the icon is a bit misleading as to whether it is on or off, I thought I had tested this setting before with no success but I just tried it again then and it fixed it! awesome!
2015-5-22
Use props
curtisjamesphot
lvl.1

Canada

Mine won't connect. tried the setting receiver off and reset defaults. Anyone know how to bind the two?
2015-5-25
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

curtisjamesphot Posted at 2015-5-26 09:56
Mine won't connect. tried the setting receiver off and reset defaults. Anyone know how to bind the t ...

Turn off your remote before you press the Bind hole, which is different than Ronin
2015-5-25
Use props
veronik
New

Italy

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-5-26 04:06
Turn off your remote before you press the Bind hole, which is different than Ronin

Hi! I have the same problem. The remote control doesn't work.  It just worked one time: The first time I activated the ronin  (so this makes me think it's not a problem with the controller itself!) . But I didn't use the DJI app yet.  After activating the app for my samsung a week later, It didnt work anymore.
I followed all these advices : turn off the controller, press the hole button, set the app internal receiver on , the bind light i green, turn on the control, which lit green and is charged, but It doesn't work!

Someone could please help me?
2016-5-12
Use props
kazakov-sasha
New

Russia

The same trouble, anyone help me
2016-8-13
Use props
fansc0824fd0
New

Belgium

veronik Posted at 2016-5-12 03:10
Hi! I have the same problem. The remote control doesn't work.  It just worked one time: The first time I activated the ronin  (so this makes me think it's not a problem with the controller itself!) . But I didn't use the DJI app yet.  After activating the app for my samsung a week later, It didnt work anymore.
I followed all these advices : turn off the controller, press the hole button, set the app internal receiver on , the bind light i green, turn on the control, which lit green and is charged, but It doesn't work!

Hello Veronik,
Do you find a solution?
I have the same problem, The tumbr is not green only the Ronin...
Tank U !
2017-2-1
Use props
fansf8c75314
New
Turkey

Merhaba;

Ronin MX kumandayı update ettim ve kumanda şu anda hiçbir şekilde açılmıyor. Işıkta yanmıyor. Kumandanın içini açıp reset ettim ama değişen bir şey yok. Bilgisayara bağladığım da USB aygıt tanınmadı hatası veriyor. Çözümü bilen varmı? Ne yapabilirim.
2017-5-1
Use props
fansf8c75314
New
Turkey

hello;

i updated to remote controller. But it in not working. No ligth in command. I resetted and conneted to PC but USB not working that. What can i do?
2017-5-1
Use props
carlosbravo
New

Colombia

I have the same problem, I update the control and It doesn't work its Dead
2017-5-22
Use props
fansfc1349dc
New

Hungary

Hello

Can anyone help me? I'm trying to set up my ronin-mx since two days and it's motors won't work. I followed the instructions in the manual, but nothing happened, it's just swinging on the tunning stand. I tried to turn on/off Briefcase Mode, Internal Reciever, Camera Base Invert and Roll Control, tried to restore default settings too but only that little light turned green from red, or inversely, I hope Ronin-MX can do more...
2017-6-30
Use props
djiuser_qdYiP2k
New
France

Same problem here with my ronin mx. Do DJI have any assistance ?
Thanks in advance
Marcus
2017-8-11
Use props
Wajeb
New
Saudi Arabia

I can't even get my LED lights on the Ronin M itself to blink... I remember along time ago they used to blink... now the ronin m works, remote turns green but nothing.
No red blinking or green blinking
2017-8-12
Use props
Tatus
New

Hungary

fansf8c75314 Posted at 2017-5-1 13:31
hello;

i updated to remote controller. But it in not working. No ligth in command. I resetted and conneted to PC but USB not working that. What can i do?

How can I update my remote controler? Thanks
2017-8-21
Use props
stanisastra
New
Russia

Had same problem.
1) restore to defoltes settings of the ronin
2) disassemble the remote, unplug the battery cable for one minute, plug it back in. After turning on the remote I again determined.

It helps me.
2017-9-6
Use props
djiuser_8p8fuXx
lvl.1

Romania

Hey, this has been my experience having suffered the above but everything seems to be fine now.

I had the Ronin balanced and It would initially do what seemed to be an initial stabilisation calibration as soon as the battery was turned on, nothing to do with using the android app at this point.

When I connect to the tablet android app, althrough bluetooth the light turns green and it was connected, it would not "auto tune stabilise" or none of the test features worked. I know this to be true as I have watched many videos along with the manual. When its calibrating you can hear the motors and when you test the Pan, Tilt, roll, the camera should move and demonstrate in that plane. The app was however receiving pan, tilt, roll position data from the Gimbal as could be seen under the "Viewer" tab.
There was also an error message in the "More" tab claiming it was not an intelligent battery. I had 2 batteries which shipped with the Ronin M and were both new.

I then tried to pair the remote and again the gimbal signified it was paired with the remote successfully, with the 2 lights turning steady green on the Ronin-m. Yet again the remote would not work with the gimbal and I could not use Remote control to control any features.

Then I read at the beginning of the instructions (User Manual pg 21), for connecting the gimbal to the PC, that the Assistant App and Pc assistant could not be used simultaneously, so to unplug the usb if connected to the mobile/ tablet. I had no idea that the mobile app could even be connected to the Ronin-m via USB as I was using Bluetooth as previously instructed.
I decided to give this a shot, 1st connecting it to my mobile/tablet using a double ended USB Micro lead and this was when the Ronin-m started to vibrate. I noticed the Tilt motor was over heating so turned it off. I tried to turn it on several times, even taking the camera and lens off, but this kept happening. There was nothing obstructing the camera/ lens set up and it had previously been working 1 minute prior to this happening with the stabilised camera and lens on the rigg.

Because of the vibration and motor over heating, I was worried about trying to updating firmware etc using the Pc assistant connected via usb as I may damage it. The Ronin-m has to be connected  by USb and turn on when driver is installed on your machine.
I did this operation fast before mpotor had chance to heat up and its didnt seem to do anything. After rebooting the Ronin and the App everything finally seemed to be working properly although my remote was just working for a tilt.
The "auto tune stability button" on the app sorted out the vibration/  over heating motor and now it was finally working.
Next I upgraded "firmware" using Pc Assistant. Again nothing worked until I rebooted. This time I had full control over my remote and app.
It does say that it is important to have your Ronin-m connected via USB and turned on when you instal the driver on the PC, this may very well be very important.

I think the lesson learn from this, as what steps you should take and in what order are not necessarily layed out comprhensively in the manual, is to hook your Ronin up to your Pc as soon as, turn it on and instal the drivers you download from the same web page as the PC assistant on to your PC. Reboot everything and instal the Firmware Upgrade if any on to your Ronin using Pc Assistant. Reboot again.
Some people claim that everything worked out of the box for them, I cant share that experience. It didnt for me but thankfully I have a success story at the end of it. Works great now well impressed.

Before connecting to PC Assistant firmware versions:
GCU
loader       0.0
firmware     1.0.68

system
hardware id  14DDFC76
Loader       0.0.0.1

2017-10-22
Use props
che teressa
New

Cameroon

Hello i have a problem.. my Remote does not connect  with my Ronin M after which it has been connecting  for some time. Every light  shows green but the remote won't  work. This happened  thesame day i tried using  the assistance  app. Any help please
2018-7-2
Use props
che teressa
New

Cameroon

veronik Posted at 2016-5-12 03:10

I have thesame issue... Anyone could  help?
2018-7-2
Use props
Nathaly Pinheir
lvl.1
Chile

Anyone found a solution? My ronin M flashes red. When I press the bind button, it turns green, then I turn on the remote control and the light goes back to red again.  Any solution?
2021-7-11
Use props
Nathaly Pinheir
lvl.1
Chile

che teressa Posted at 2018-7-2 22:28
I have thesame issue... Anyone could  help?

Could you find a solution? Im having the same problm
2021-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules