3rd Party Apps
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Brazil

Hi Guys,

I have a P4P+ (so it came with the display) is there anyway I can install or make use of UgCS or any other 3rd party app. I have seen so much things passing by while doing a google search that I prefer to ask here first to people who have experience with this.

Thanks in advance

Ray
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us.  I do apologize but there is no way to download any 3rd party application to your P4P+ built-in screen. Google Play is still not available on built-in screen for now. We will release on our website if there is an update. If you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-7-20
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

Well the strange thing is that I'm even unable to use DJI GS pro, 3rd party apps i understand but not your own DJI app. But ok if thats the way it is I will have to wait and hope DJI will soon release a new version
2018-7-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-7-21 04:01
Well the strange thing is that I'm even unable to use DJI GS pro, 3rd party apps i understand but not your own DJI app. But ok if thats the way it is I will have to wait and hope DJI will soon release a new version

It's not strange that GS pro won't run.
DJI only ever released an iOS version.
It doesn't work for any Android users  ... and the P4 pro+ runs Android.
2018-7-21
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

Ahhh ok well that makes sense than. So is there any probability it will be released one day in the future (hopefully near future)?
2018-7-21
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I keep wondering those wrong replies from DJI's own staff!

See this release note thread where they finally allowed third party app to be installed and running. Before this release, app installed in other ways would be killed by the system, they don't anymore.

Yes you can install third party apps on the GL300E controller but can't do it (hopefully just currently) using Google Play store and you might have trouble running apps that depend on the Google services.

One easy way to install third party apps is using apkpure and similar apk sites, there was ex. no issues installing and running the Tello app on the +RC, only downside right now is that  the sticks don't work, only the virtual ones.
2018-7-21
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-21 05:40

See this release note thread where they finally allowed third party app to be installed and running. Before this release, app installed in other ways would be killed by the system, they don't anymore.

i totaly agree , i use apkpure and have screen recorder and few others added with no problem ..
2018-7-21
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

Well I would like to use the ground station from DJI but that doesnt even work on aan android device hmmmm very weird
2018-7-21
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-21 05:40

Is there any tutorial on how to do this?
2018-7-23
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-7-23 05:26
Is there any tutorial on how to do this?

If you're intersted in Litchi instructions are availbe in this video. Might help you with any other app too:  
2018-7-23
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

Håkan K Posted at 2018-7-23 08:53
If you're intersted in Litchi instructions are availbe in this video. Might help you with any other app too:  https://youtu.be/QsRtrK4GVf4

Thanks a lot I will have a look on it. Still its very sad that its not possible to use UGCS or DJI GS on the P4P+. I hope DJI will make an android version for this soon
2018-7-23
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

Håkan K Posted at 2018-7-23 08:53
If you're intersted in Litchi instructions are availbe in this video. Might help you with any other app too:  https://youtu.be/QsRtrK4GVf4

This doesnt work on the P4P+ controller. Im unable to shutdown the DJI Go 4 app or clear the defaults which is needed in order to connect with Litcchi to the AC.
2018-7-23
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

I think I have found a way to use it.

In order for you to use litchi you will have to do as instructed above have a USB to micro-usb cable and connect them on the back of the controller you will have to first disabled the DJI Go app and when you boot up again it will ask you which app to use litchi or DGI it will ask one time or always.

With this I "trick"I could connect to the AC so thats good. I hope flying will be ok like this we will see....... any experiences with this?
2018-7-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-7-23 05:26
Is there any tutorial on how to do this?

You can find some information in the release notes thread i link to above.
For litchi specific, see https://flylitchi.com/crystalsky, it should be straight ahead.
In general for apkpure app's, you open the browser on the builtin device and go to apkpure.com, download and install the apkpure installer app and then the app's you find worth trying out.
2018-7-23
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-7-23 11:07
I think I have found a way to use it.

In order for you to use litchi you will have to do as instructed above have a USB to micro-usb cable and connect them on the back of the controller you will have to first disabled the DJI Go app and when you boot up again it will ask you which app to use litchi or DGI it will ask one time or always.

Litchi and waypoints gave me a complete new experience making videos with my drones. I suggest a udemy training course for  very well investeded bucks here:, this one is for free, I took the rest of them too: https://www.udemy.com/phantom-filmschool-introduction-to-litchi/
2018-7-24
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-23 20:58
You can find some information in the release notes thread i link to above.
For litchi specific, see https://flylitchi.com/crystalsky, it should be straight ahead.
In general for apkpure app's, you open the browser on the builtin device and go to apkpure.com, download and install the apkpure installer appand then the app's you find worth trying out.

Thanks a lot KedDK I found this yesterday indeed. I'm able to make a connection to the AC but I haven't flown yet. I hope it will work great. Anybody knows if the logging on the AC still works? I used to use dronelogbook.com which has an auto feature to sync the log files with the logbook but I think this will not work anymore as DJI Go 4 will not run on the background anymore.
Edit:
I found the answer by myself dronelogbook has an import option for litchi.csv

2018-7-24
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

Håkan K Posted at 2018-7-24 04:07
Litchi and waypoints gave me a complete new experience making videos with my drones. I suggest a udemy training course for  very well investeded bucks here:, this one is for free, I took the rest of them too: https://www.udemy.com/phantom-filmschool-introduction-to-litchi/

I started yesterday with this free course but thanks for mentioning it
2018-7-24
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-7-24 05:04
Thanks a lot KedDK I found this yesterday indeed. I'm able to make a connection to the AC but I haven't flown yet. I hope it will work great. Anybody knows if the logging on the AC still works? I used to use dronelogbook.com which has an auto feature to sync the log files with the logbook but I think this will not work anymore as DJI Go 4 will not run on the background anymore.
I found the answer by myself dronelogbook has an import option for litchy.csv

The logs in the aircraft will still be generated, you just need to make sure your dronelogbook can use those logs as they differ from the ones in the app.
Enjoy your new app, make sure to set the altitudes right so it don't attempt trimming the trees it meet on the way.
2018-7-24
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Brazil

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-24 05:10
The logs in the aircraft will still be generated, you just need to make sure your dronelogbook can use those logs as they differ from the ones in the app.
Enjoy your new app, make sure to set the altitudes right so it don't attempt trimming the trees it meet on the way.

Thanks for the tip I will follow first a couple of tutors on youtube and will make a couple of test flights at the local RC flying club we have an open field there ;)
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules