Computer crashes when I connect Spark
1001 8 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tchenkes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446 ft
United States

I cant seem to access my Spark thru DJI Assistant 2. When I plug my usb into the Spark  I get a Blue screen Stopcode on my computer and it restarts.I have the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (V1.2.4) and I'm running Windows 10 64-bit

Any thoughts on a fix? I have considered running the app in windows 7 compatability mode, but have not tried it yet.
I'm assuming its a driver issue.
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your DJI Spark to the DJI Assistant 2. Can you try to download the DJI Assistant 2 once again into your computer and let us see if it will still do the same? I will be posting the DJI link where you can find the latest DJI Assistant 2 firmware.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2018-7-20
Use props
tchenkes
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-7-20 16:47
Hi. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your DJI Spark to the DJI Assistant 2. Can you try to download the DJI Assistant 2 once again into your computer and let us see if it will still do the same? I will be posting the DJI link where you can find the latest DJI Assistant 2 firmware.

https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Uninstalled DJI Assistant 2, downloaded it again and installed it. Same thing. It doe not matter if the app is open or closed, as soon as I plug in the micro usb to the Spark I get the Blue Screen. This time it says "stopcode......Kernal Security Check Failure"
2018-7-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You plug it in on or off?
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

tchenkes Posted at 2018-7-20 17:00
Uninstalled DJI Assistant 2, downloaded it again and installed it. Same thing. It doe not matter if the app is open or closed, as soon as I plug in the micro usb to the Spark I get the Blue Screen. This time it says "stopcode......Kernal Security Check Failure"

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. Kindly turn off your firewall and antivirus software and then reinstall the DJI Assistant 2. If you already done that and the issue is still the same, Kindly try a different PC or laptop. The "Blue Screen" error could be an issue on the hardware or driver software of your PC.  
2018-7-21
Use props
Antipaxi
Second Officer

Romania

tchenkes Posted at 2018-7-20 17:00

Here's what you can do:

Update your Win 10.
Check if all your drivers are up to date. (Driver verifier manager).
Try booting your PC in safe mode and connecting the Spark again.
Run sfc /scannow in cmd to check for system errors.
Run chkdsk /f C: in cmd to scan your disck for errors.
Shut down the PC, remove the RAM memory, give it a thorough clean with an alcohol soaked cloth, place it back, turn on your PC.
You can also try a clean re-installment of Win10 or at least use the Reset your PC feature Win10 has
If all this does nothing, ask a friend for help and install DJI Assistant on his/hers PC. If it happens again, it's the AC. (Maybe you should start with this one)
2018-7-21
Use props
tchenkes
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. This is what I have done so far.
Downloaded again and Reinstalled DJI Assistant 2 latest version.
Plugged USB into Spark while Spark is on (Computer Crashed)
Plugged USB into Spark with Spark off. Fine until I turn Spark on, then computer crashed
Made sure Windows 10 was updated
Updated drivers
Allowed unsigned drivers as safe, only 1
Ran sfc /scannow in cmd to check for system errors. NO Errors
Ran chkdsk /f C: in cmd to scan your disck for errors NO Errors
Booted computer in Safe Mode.....Computer does not crash when I connect Spark, but will not open DJI Assistant 2, no message, just does nothing.

I will try cleaning the RAM this weekend and reinstalling DJI Assistant 2 with firewall off
I have no plans to do a reinstall of Windows 10......worse case scenario, I keep using DJI GO 4 to update

Thanks for all the advise
2018-7-21
Use props
djiuser_gaJcktsWKQxp
New

United States

I have had my spark for a long time and I have flown 1 time in years after that it would not connect to the controller or wiffi so I put it in the closet and forgot about It till recently but the same thing happens even if I hold the button for 9 seconds nothing happens I spent good money on something that does not work and as I research other people have tje same problem.  I have called dji with no help whatsoever just aditude that I'm not holding the button long enough. This is very frustrating there must be a way to enjoy something I spent alot of money on please help I will never purchase another thing from dji unless this issue gets resolved I'm a full time Father with no help whatsoever and just recently lost just about everything we own due to the hurricane here in SW Florida.
2023-11-15
Use props
aramsmak
lvl.1

Germany

Ensure that you are using a high-quality USB cable. Try using a different USB port on your computer. Make sure your USB drivers are up to date. You can check for updates in the Device Manager. Right-click on the Start button, select "Device Manager," and look for the USB controllers section. Right-click on each entry and choose "Update driver." Uninstall DJI Assistant 2 completely from your computer. Download the latest version from the official DJI website and reinstall it.
2023-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules