P3S Recent Connection Problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NatalieDrones
New
Flight distance : 2746 ft

Hi Everyone,  Help Please!
Today I turned on my DJI Go app, my controller, and my Phantom 3S.  
It has been a while since I used it so the DJI privacy policy came up on the screen and I agreed to it, then in my app it prompted and suggested I update/change my WiFi password from 12341234 to something else. I did. I pressed the "Apply" button and it told me it failed. I tried it multiple times and still failed.
Now I cannot make a connection at all.  I've tried many times.  I've even restarted my tablet and the app many times. Also, when I go to the wifi area on the app, it does not have the "PHANTOM3_xxxxxx" wifi name listed, so I have to manually type it in before I attempt to add my password.
In my tablet's wifi it does appear to have my controller listed, but my app tells me it's disconnected and does not show a camera view. Also many of the settings are grayed out (so I can't make changes in the app settings).

Currently I am charging my controller and battery. I'll retry this tomorrow.

Tablet: Digiland DL718M (has done a beautiful job) with Android 5.1
DJI GO App: 3.1.43

Any suggestions????

2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having problems with your DJI P3S . Have you tried to link the remote controller to the aircraft manually? I will be posting a video below for a better understanding. Thank you.

2018-7-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You don't have to change your password.  It just recommends it.  Just X out of it.
2018-7-21
Use props
NatalieDrones
New

Thank you DJI Gamora! I'll try that soon.  Thank you ALABAMA. If it prompts me again, I'll just leave the default alone.  You guys rock! -Natalie
2018-7-21
Use props
NatalieDrones
New

I attempted all of the above to no avail.  BUT.... Then, since my tablet's wifi connection to the controller still said it had an authentication problem I decided to delete the PHANTOM3_xxxxxx from the list of connections and restart the wifi in my tablet.  Upon restarting it an attempting to hook it up, it asked for my password, which then I added my new one.....and BAM!...It worked and I flew today....WhoooHooo!
Thanks you guys for trying to assist me.  I feel loved  
Have a great weekend!
2018-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules