Which HDMI cable do I need?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brewsky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866184 ft
United States

In preparation for the upcoming HDMI port for the Phantom 3 Transmitter, I want to get my cable ordered beforehand.  
Can someone link the cable that will attach the HDMI port from the Phantom 3 transmitter to the MicroHDMI port on the FatShark DominatorV2?
I guess my actual question is, do we know what type of HDMI port ( Standard, Mini, Micro?) will be on the transmitter.  I already know the FatShark has the "MicroHDMI" port.
I did notice that the Inspire 1 has the "Mini HDMI" port.  

Thanks!
2015-5-21
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

Umm... Sorry but there is No HDMI on the Phantom 3 Controller
2015-5-21
Use props
brewsky
lvl.2
United States

knicholas194@gm Posted at 2015-5-22 12:32
Umm... Sorry but there is No HDMI on the Phantom 3 Controller

Correct... But Please re-read my first sentence.
2015-5-21
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

brewsky Posted at 2015-5-22 12:43
Correct... But Please re-read my first sentence.

Now I'm confused.
They're coming out with an adapter or something for the P3?
If so, that would be great, I'd love to fly with an FPV setup!
2015-5-21
Use props
tonstar1111.goo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2015-5-21
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Might be a bit premature to get the HDMI cable for this update or add-on we still don't know about?

On the Inspire 1 remote it looks like it is a standard HDMI. So if thats the case, it should be a standard HDMI-cable with the "normal" HDMI-connector in both ends - depending on what you would connect it to. I don't know what the Fat Sharks use?

In the video above he uses the microHDMI on the tablet. So if thats the case, you would obviously need that sort of cable.

On a side note; HDMI-cables are digital so there is no quality advantage from getting an expensive HDMI-cable - EXCEPT cheaper cables might break easier which might be an issue if you use it on something movable like a Fat Shark rather than just stuck behind in your home entertainment center.

-

Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra intelligent DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
brewsky
lvl.2
United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-22 16:21
Might be a bit premature to get the HDMI cable for this update or add-on we still don't know about?  ...

Interesting that the specs for the Inspire 1 say a it has a Mini HDMI, and the photo above sure looks like a standard size HDMI.
2015-5-22
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

brewsky Posted at 2015-5-22 21:47
Interesting that the specs for the Inspire 1 say a it has a Mini HDMI, and the photo above sure lo ...

Yeah... But I guess the specs are correct. If you look closer, the HDMI port is a lot smaller than the USB-port. And normal HDMI is close to the same size as a fullsize USB.

Sorry for confusing you (and myself).

-
Buy your DJI Phantom 3, DJI-gear, extra DJI Batteries, DJI Hardshell Backpacks from the DJI Store by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-22
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

You going to need a standard HDMI cable ... Seriosuly people this should not even be a question....
2015-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules