Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPad Mini 4 not connecting
785 10 2018-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having problems connecting my newly acquired Mini4 to the controller for my Mavic Air.  I've tried three different cables, but none have worked.
I have removed the cable from the side of the controller and am trying to use the USB on the bottom.
I have also tried to use the lightning cable plugged into the side just to see if it would connect.  Negative

I've tried to power the devices on in different orders, and opening the app at different times in the cycle.  No love.
Does anyone have any ideas that may help?

2018-7-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried powering on the Rc first before connecting the cable or opening the app, once rc connects then connect cable to ipad and open app.
2018-7-21
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-7-21 00:27
Have you tried powering on the Rc first before connecting the cable or opening the app, once rc connects then connect cable to ipad and open app.

yes.  I did.  No luck.
2018-7-21
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

did you try to test other mobile whether it work for RC or not?
2018-7-21
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Try this. https://phantompilots.com/threads/ipad-mini-4-not-connecting-now-solved.74210/
2018-7-21
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bernardren07 Posted at 2018-7-21 02:07
did you try to test other mobile whether it work for RC or not?

yes this is the same RC that i've been flying with while attached to my Note 4 since the beginning.
2018-7-21
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 2018-7-21 04:25
Try this. https://phantompilots.com/threads/ipad-mini-4-not-connecting-now-solved.74210/

Hmm...  wipe with Itunes.  I'll give it a try.  I've done a reset and erase all contents twice (since it is new to me anyway, and this is it's only function.  It's never even been connected to my Itunes.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks
2018-7-21
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

ok. Forget to ask you. your ipad mini 4 what ios? Mine ipad mini 4 ios 11.3 can work for my mp and p4p well.
2018-7-21
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-7-21 06:20
Hmm...  wipe with Itunes.  I'll give it a try.  I've done a reset and erase all contents twice (since it is new to me anyway, and this is it's only function.  It's never even been connected to my Itunes.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

So this helped.  Once I connected to iTunes, and did the reset, it came up and said that it needed to be updated.  It was running 11.01.  It is now running 11.4 and is able to connect.  I still have to unplug and plug back in when i connect, but at least it connects.  Now for a test flight. I'm hoping that i don't get any weirdness..

Also got a new table mount that makes it soooo much better to hold and look at.  This should be fun!
Thanks guys, for your help.
2018-7-21
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-7-21 15:12
So this helped.  Once I connected to iTunes, and did the reset, it came up and said that it needed to be updated.  It was running 11.01.  It is now running 11.4 and is able to connect.  I still have to unplug and plug back in when i connect, but at least it connects.  Now for a test flight. I'm hoping that i don't get any weirdness..

Also got a new table mount that makes it soooo much better to hold and look at.  This should be fun!

Glad to see the Itunes wipe helped. Glad to hear you are connected. Happy flying.
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

3-D Posted at 2018-7-21 15:12
So this helped.  Once I connected to iTunes, and did the reset, it came up and said that it needed to be updated.  It was running 11.01.  It is now running 11.4 and is able to connect.  I still have to unplug and plug back in when i connect, but at least it connects.  Now for a test flight. I'm hoping that i don't get any weirdness..

Hi, glad to know that you were able to fix the issue via updating the iOs, please keep us updated in any case that the issue will persist.
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules