DJI Goggles fail to update new firmware
3848 7 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skybound
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3816 ft
Canada

I have had several hours wasted trying to sink my DJI Goggles with my Mavic Pro. First, I updated the firmware on the Mavic and controller. Then I tried to sink and the googles would not sink. Next, I tried to update the goggles. However, every time I tried the update it failed. At 29% during the update sequence the goggles reboot. When the update finishes the message says update was unsuccessful.

I called tech support and they had me try several things. First, a new cord, did that. Second check power above 50%, did that. Third, reload the DJI assistant software and call back. Really?

I have reloaded the software, tried updating through both windows and Mac, new cords, read tutorials over and over, and still no success.

I have also tried just sinking the Mavic with the goggles. However, every way I attempted it there was no success. I have confirmed the Mavic and controller were updated. I also even tried doing all three together, but no success. Then I reloaded the update to the Mavic and controller again and went through the process a few more times. No success.

Are the goggles just defective? I bought them several months ago and have had them in the box until just now.

I am hoping that this problem has been identified and there is a solution. After 10 hours of trying a different solution I give up. Please help.

2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may we have the DJI Assistant 2 that you're using? did you encounter any error message during the firmware update?
2018-7-22
Use props
Skybound
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3816 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-22 09:17
Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may we have the DJI Assistant 2 that you're using? did you encounter any error message during the firmware update?

I am using V1.2.4

Just that it was unsuccessful.

I tried uploading the older firmware 3 update, and for now, that seems to work.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Skybound Posted at 2018-7-23 06:17
I am using V1.2.4

Just that it was unsuccessful.

That's great to know, however, in order for you to maximize the usage of your DJI Goggles, you have to be updated when it terms of firmware and in case you're having an issue updating the firmware, you can send it into our repair facility so that we could take a look for what seems to be the problem with your DJI Goggles. Thanks for understanding.
2018-7-23
Use props
fansc9df774f
lvl.2
  • >>>
Iran

i have same issue , just used online chat , they checked everything and asked me to send the goggles back
2019-5-13
Use props
djiuser_x0hQQaNh6uYj
New

I'm having the exact same issue. Is there a fix for this?
2019-10-2
Use props
fans6427fe8e
New

France

Same problem, seems impossible to make the DJI firmware download and open using Mac with Catalina. Have spent over 10 hours trying everything and searching on Google, just received the goggles yesterday and not possible to install any firmware for the goggles so unusable. Soooo frustrating and waste of time.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_sXeWUkjL8w9T
New

United States

I’m having the same problem
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules