X5S startup gimbal calibration bug
2593 11 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

My I2 and X5s have the most current firmware as of July 20, 2018. I have noticed now that when the machine is powered on and booting that after the gimbal calibration dance is finished that the camera remains pointing up (at approx 30º) instead of returing to level. If I then go into the gimbal menu and calibrate again, it returns the gimbal to its proper, level attitude. Is this a known issue?
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Can you provide a sample video or picture showing the gimbal and camera?
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, for additional information, I would suggest downloading our DJI Assistant 2 to your computer and restore factory defaults the aircraft refresh it again afterward please reboot your aircraft and re-calibrate the gimbal. Kindly keep us posted in any case the issue will persist.
2018-7-22
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
United States

Hello. I have used Assistant 2 in the past and went ahead and took the time to connect and reset the aircraft. The problem persists. It doesn't always do it, I'd say four out of five times.

Video of the calibration bug at startup:

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/281188440" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I then go into DJI GO 4 and do another gimbal calibration it fixes it. Video of that here:

2018-7-22
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
United States

Link above is invalid. Proper link here:

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thank you for the response. Please make sure that the gimbal's firmware is updated. Also, may I know what kind of lens are you using? Did you use a balancing ring?
2018-7-23
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
United States

Gimbal firmware was updated along with all the other components during the regular firmware update procedure. Shows as most current version in the DJI GO 4 app.

This never happened with prior firmware revisions. The problem only started with this most current firmware.

The lens is the stock 15mm lens that comes with the X5S. There is an ND filter in the above videos but the balance is perfect.
2018-7-23
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
United States

The issue is worse than I thought. Sometimes the gimbal appears to finish the startup calibration properly but, during flight, if Free mode is selected, the camera tilts up again to the incorrect position it considers level. Only landing and executing a second gimbal calibration fixes this fault. None of this happened until the last firmware release.
2018-7-25
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>

What a shame there is no follow up. I have one doing the exact same thing. Have an additional 5 X5s gimbals, and all of them work perfectly. I am experiencing the EXACT same issue as you.
2018-9-4
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
United States

Puttmaster Posted at 2018-9-4 11:16
What a shame there is no follow up. I have one doing the exact same thing. Have an additional 5 X5s gimbals, and all of them work perfectly. I am experiencing the EXACT same issue as you.

They don't care. Too much money.

But for sure a firmware related problem. Do not update your other cameras.
2018-9-4
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 719281 ft
Poland

Hi, guys. I have the same issue. Dji probably has us deep in .... The problem has been around for a year and everyone knows it's the fault of the new software and Dji does nothing about it.
2019-5-3
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 719281 ft
Poland

2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules