Questions about gimbal and data transfer
724 4 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
laduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238494 ft

Hello,
I now have my Mavic Air a week long and I love this little drone!
I hope someone can answer this questions:

- Can the gimbal be damaged when I forget to remove gimbal cover before flight?
- Is it normal that the data transfer rate from the drone to the smartphone is very slow (around 2Mb/sec with interruptions) when downloading videos stored on the memory of the drone? (downloading within the DJ Go App to the phone)

Thank you very much!

2018-7-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Hi, the gimbal will not get immediately damaged when you forget to remove the cover. But I am sure you will soon get the habit of not forgetting to remove it before startup. Should you continue to forget it, a red ribbon attached to it has helped for many users. At startup of the aircraft the gimbal performs a self check in all directions which can only be successful when the cover is removed.
As for your second question I believe that this highly depends on the mobile device you are using. Personally I transfer the original footage directly to my PC in order to have full resolution and top quality. You won't get that by transfer to your mobile device (will be always reduced resolution).
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for this inquiry. I highly suggest removing the gimbal cover of the DJI Mavic Air everytime you fly your Drone so that once you fly your Drone the gimbal can move freely. For the data transfer rate. I suggest using the recommended SD Cards for your DJI Mavic Air for compatibility and reliability purposes. For reference, I will post the specifications of recommended SD cards for the DJI Mavic Air.

2018-7-21
Use props
laduke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238494 ft

Thanks for the answers!
I'm sure removing the gimbal cover will soon become naturally as part of the preflight check
I did only use the internal memory of the Mavic Air (8GB) as of this time. But I will purchase a recommended (fast) SD Card. The data transfer with USB cable connecting drone to PC is fast. But when I'm on the go and want to download original quality video from the drone to the smartphone I have to use the DJI Go app. Will testing it with a fast SD card.
2018-7-21
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

laduke Posted at 2018-7-21 14:53
Thanks for the answers!
I'm sure removing the gimbal cover will soon become naturally as part of the preflight check
I did only use the internal memory of the Mavic Air (8GB) as of this time. But I will purchase a recommended (fast) SD Card. The data transfer with USB cable connecting drone to PC is fast. But when I'm on the go and want to download original quality video from the drone to the smartphone I have to use the DJI Go app. Will testing it with a fast SD card.

The internal memory is as fast as the fastest SD card you can get, thus no problem on that side. But DJI GO 4 simply will never download the full resolution footage to your mobile device because the original footage is too large for most mobile devices. You only can get that by direct transfer to PC or MAC from either the internal memory or the SD card.
2018-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules