Idea for Cinematic Behaviors in Pilot App
1532 7 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lpoland
lvl.1

United States

I have been thinking about a feature that I would LOVE to see in a future version of the app.

The basic idea is that you would physically postion the craft and camera where you want it. For example 75 feet above an object with the camera pointed down. Then you would select SET POINT 1. Then you would move the craft to another location say 25 feet above a second location with the craft rotated 90˚and select SET POINT 2. The app would record altitude, rotation postiton, camera postion for the two points. (See Example Image)

Then you would move the craft approximately back to POINT 1 and select PLAY or EXECUTE...etc.

This would produce an incredibly smooth cinematic motion controlled shot.
Anyone else think this would be useful?

Lathe

Example of Cinematic Behaviors 1

Example of Cinematic Behaviors 1

Example of Cinematic Behaviors 2

Example of Cinematic Behaviors 2
2015-5-22
Use props
Dkirjassoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126998 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apparently the folks at 3D Robotics did, that's a feature on the new Solo 3DR. DJI is leaving that to third parties to develop with their SDK.  I think it's a great idea
2015-5-22
Use props
lpoland
lvl.1

United States

Dkirjassoff@gma Posted at 2015-5-23 05:47
Apparently the folks at 3D Robotics did, that's a feature on the new Solo 3DR. DJI is leaving that t ...

I see what you mean! DJI has some motion controlled drone competition...very cool. It's a great time to be using this technology...
Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 6.20.29 PM.png
2015-5-22
Use props
przemek
lvl.2
Poland

there is IOC POI flight mode for some DJI drones (promised for Phantom 3 also) - you should check this feature out.
2015-7-10
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

What you are describing is a feature set that was "coming soon" when the DJI Inspire went on the market last November, and was never delivered, resulting in a lot of angry Inspire owners.  As mentioned above, 3DR has implemented these features and more in the Solo.  Unfortunately it appears DJI won't learn to keep promises until it loses significant market share to competitors.
2015-7-14
Use props
mobtowngeorge
New

United States

I was thinking about a similar feature with the addition of a duration function. I would like to for instance shoot a tracking shot from point A to point B (a distance of 100 feet) at an altitude of 30 feet and set the time it should take to fly that distance, lets say 10 min. the outcome would be some really nice footage for creating moving time lapse footage.
2015-7-28
Use props
kevin.barberpho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1980443 ft
United States

You can do that with the 3rd party Autopilot app from Auto Flight Logic http://autoflightlogic.com. I have been playing a little bit with the beta, it is not the most intuitive app, but does provide some missing functionality from DJI Go.
2015-8-11
Use props
Andrewsokolovic
lvl.2

Canada

Yeah but no Android support and the features I would want are all $5 USD each, so more like $8 plus tax here in Canada.
2015-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules