DIRECT connect phone to Phantom
1261 2 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bymac77
lvl.2
Portugal

Hi,
I use my phantom on the ground hand-held a lot, just for the gimbal stabilization on ground shots.
Is there a way I can connect my phone directly to the phantom? that way i wouldn't have to carry the TX with the wifi extender when I'm just using the phantom hand-held.
I use a hand-help support that hold the phantom and the phone, so It would be great I could connect the phone directly to the Phantom.

Pic of the support system:

thanks for your help in advance!
M.

2015-5-22
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

see if this post will help you.
2015-5-22
Use props
bymac77
lvl.2
Portugal

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-5-22 21:22
see if this post will help you.

Sorry, I've been away for the weekend. I've found a link on google with the same some you've have posted.
first you connect normally with the extender, open the DJI app, and on settings tap on Binding to find your birst SSID. if something like FC200_.....
Then turn the app the radio and the extender OFF, leave only the bird ON. On the phone create a wifi network with the SSID you've found earlier.
ip address: 192.168.1.5 (some number from 4 to 20 at the end)
subnet: Mask 255.255.0.0
router: 192.168.1.1

Than open the DJI app and that is it.

I report I CAN  successfully DIRECT connect from the phone to the bird with both IPHONE (4S with ios7) and ANDROID (Nexus 7).

You use the app fully and tilt the camera on app. The only difference is the extender icon is off.

PROBLEM IS.... on both iphone and Android, i see the "connection broken" like every minute or 30 secs...it seams it looses connection and then gets it right after.

Maybe a better connection refresh rate app would better this?
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules