Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 Video Editor - Failed to Save
6861 10 2018-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlaineG
lvl.1
United States

After numerous attempts, I am unable to get the GO 4 editor to save a video if it consists of more than one clip.

In the editor...
Select Create Movie Free Form.
Select my new 3:20 movie.
Touch the scissors to cut clips.
As the video plays, use scissors and checkmark to select two small sections of the video.
Click Create Video.  The two segments/clips play through.
Click Complete.
The progress strip starts running around the video box.  Anywhere between 28 and 30 percent complete, the save aborts and gives the "Failed to Save" message with no other information, no help, no explanation.

This ONLY happens when there are two or more clips.
Works fine if you only have ONE clip.
Does not matter if there is music or not.
Does not matter if the original vid is long or short.
Does not matter if the clips are long or short.
Does not matter if there are transitions between the clips or not.
I've tried this dozens of times with dozens of videos.  Same result.

The app will simply not save my "project" if there is more than one clip.
Since flying and recording this afternoon I have not moved any files, copied any files, or in any way corrupted the videos.  I haven't even connected the tablet to another device since disconnecting from my Mavic controller.

I'm flying with, and editing on a Samsung Tab E 32GB.
The tablet is brand new.  The ONLY app I've put on it since factory reset is DJI GO 4.
Running GO 4 version 4.2.16 (due to streaming issues with newer version).
Tablet internal storage has 20GB free.
SD card has 27GB free.
The video I'm attempting to cut two clips from is only 282MB.

Help??
Am I not doing this correctly?
Thank you so much!

2018-7-21
Use props
fans38d1dab3
New

United States

I'm having the same issue and it looks like no one gives a tihs I guess we'll see if any one has suggestions soon.
2018-11-17
Use props
Tom Ski
New

United States

I am having the same problem
2018-11-28
Use props
djiuser_u8HZyEhWIaiV
New

Indonesia

Same problem with nokia 6.1 plus!!! Failed to save at 30% generated video.
2018-12-23
Use props
Daniel92
New
Israel

same problem here! it used to be at around 30% but now it gets to over 90% and still fails to save
2019-1-11
Use props
nxo1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90469 ft
Spain

Same issue, I started with 43 clips from 20 videos, total length of video was about 5:35. Now i reduced to 21 clips and total time 2:04 and same result, never passes 20%. Disgusting after spending so much time cutting and selecting clips. My phone is Xiaomi Mi A1.
2019-4-19
Use props
nxo1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90469 ft
Spain

nxo1981 Posted at 4-19 05:40
Same issue, I started with 43 clips from 20 videos, total length of video was about 5:35. Now i reduced to 21 clips and total time 2:04 and same result, never passes 20%. Disgusting after spending so much time cutting and selecting clips. My phone is Xiaomi Mi A1.

If someone reads this post, I finally got to finalise the clip using 20 videos and cutting them, that is allowed by the app. The final length was 4:10 minutes and with maximum quality.
2019-6-6
Use props
djiuser_brRw3t9sXuB8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

nxo1981 Posted at 6-6 10:42
If someone reads this post, I finally got to finalise the clip using 20 videos and cutting them, that is allowed by the app. The final length was 4:10 minutes and with maximum quality.

Hi nxo1981, I am having this same problem.  What was the trick to get it to work? Thanks
2019-7-8
Use props
DanielMotta
New
Flight distance : 72979 ft
Brazil

Someone has already solved the problem. I have the same problem, any edit with more than one video not saved by DJII go 4.
2019-7-31
Use props
davidrkenyon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

djiuser_brRw3t9sXuB8 Posted at 7-8 10:13
Hi nxo1981, I am having this same problem.  What was the trick to get it to work? Thanks

I figured out why it was failing in my situation.  The music I selected was shorter than the video clip.  When I select an audio clip longer than the video clip it works fine.
2019-8-14
Use props
Franz Imolax Tv
New

Peru

Lo mismo me pasa. Cual es la Solucion mi equipo es samsung galaxy a20
2019-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules