Bought a refurbished DJI P3s, does this footage look normal?
1826 21 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GLAZO
lvl.1

I would compare to other videos but I noticed a fuzzy look for a second when panning the camera or moving around quick.  I've read a lot of people said it's the sd card not having fast enough read speeds or that I'm downloading it from the app to my phone instead of taking the ad card out and putting it on my computer direct.  What do you guys think? It was recorded in 2.7k and photos look pretty clear but I just get iffy about some things.  The drone was open box and only flown a dozen times.  No cracks or damage at all to the drone it could pass off as brand new if I didn't know it was a refurbished drone or open box.https://youtube.com/watch?v=wK4gWsFiE1M
2018-7-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

The tube lets the Vid through with 720p HD only. Is it from the card or from the cache in mobile?
2018-7-22
Use props
GLAZO
lvl.1

I'm not sure, I got it from the album in the DJI app.  Can you see the pixelation it has when the camera is moving up and down or panning around?  Like it's not rendering quick enough or something I'm not sure.   Even though it's 720p on YT, you can still see the pixelation that I see when watching it from the DJI app directly off of my phone.
2018-7-22
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

GLAZO Posted at 2018-7-22 01:39
I'm not sure, I got it from the album in the DJI app.  Can you see the pixelation it has when the camera is moving up and down or panning around?  Like it's not rendering quick enough or something I'm not sure.   Even though it's 720p on YT, you can still see the pixelation that I see when watching it from the DJI app directly off of my phone.

The footage shown by the DJIgo app is only 720p. The 2.7k footage is recorded on the sdcard in the Phantom's camera. You need to watch footage from sdcard.
2018-7-22
Use props
GLAZO
lvl.1

So the pixelation issue is cause I'm going through the app and not the direct sd?
2018-7-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Pleomax Posted at 2018-7-22 02:00
The 2.7k footage is recorded on the sdcard in the Phantom's camera.

See above...
2018-7-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've read a lot of people said it's the sd card not having fast enough read speeds or that I'm downloading it from the app to my phone instead of taking the sd card out and putting it on my computer direct.  
You've pointed to the issue here and then gone and done exactly what you seemed to understand was a commpn cause of presumed poor video quality.
2018-7-22
Use props
GLAZO
lvl.1

Yay so my cute little phanty has a good camera, I was worried lol I just put the micro sd in my galaxy s3 old phone since my iPhone 7+ doesn't have a slot for micro and man those pictures look so clear like I can zoom in and it still has clarity.  From the album it looked clear but when you zoomed it would get kinda blurry and I heard everyone saying DJI makes good cameras so I was a little bit concerned.  Thanks guys!!
2018-7-22
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

The video recorded onto your tablet / device is only 720p and will also be degraded in quality because it was recorded from the RC / aircraft radio transmission. The SD card on the aircraft camera will have recorded 1440p if you have it setup to record in 2.7K video.

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Just to confirm, this is a footage coming from the app, right? You must check also the one that you have in the SD card since that's the would be the considered original files that you'll be having. The one that's inside the app is just a cache file.
2018-7-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

The SD card for the 2.7 is fitted in the Phantoms cam
2018-7-22
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh heck yeah, SD card in the camera beats the video on the phone by far.  Pictures will only be on the card too, not on the phone.
2018-7-22
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

GLAZO Posted at 2018-7-22 02:17
So the pixelation issue is cause I'm going through the app and not the direct sd?

If your upload to YT was made from the SD card, I'd say there is a problem. When you play the video file on your sd card back through your PC, does it look good?  If not, maybe the camera was damaged by a previous owner. Tip: Do not upgrade any firmware until you get this issue sorted.
DJI Factory Refurbs are immaculate and fully tested in flight before they get boxed. I've never heard any complaint about a DJI Factory Refurb  having any out of the box issues. Mine is a DJI factory refurb and have had no issues with it in the two years I've owned it.  What possibly happened after it was first unboxed is probably the root issue.   
2018-7-22
Use props
GLAZO
lvl.1

Betamace Posted at 2018-7-22 16:59
If your upload to YT was made from the SD card, I'd say there is a problem. When you play the video file on your sd card back through your PC, does it look good?  If not, maybe the camera was damaged by a previous owner. Tip: Do not upgrade any firmware until you get this issue sorted.
DJI Factory Refurbs are immaculate and fully tested in flight before they get boxed. I've never heard any complaint about a DJI Factory Refurb  having any out of the box issues. Mine is a DJI factory refurb and have had no issues with it in the two years I've owned it.  What possibly happened after it was first unboxed is probably the root issue.

I've transferred the SD footage, ordered a micro sd to USB reader but realized the phantom has a USB micro port for the SD footage lol.  The footage is AMAZING and I mean AMAZING now that I got it from the SD card
2018-7-22
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

GLAZO Posted at 2018-7-22 17:07
I've transferred the SD footage, ordered a micro sd to USB reader but realized the phantom has a USB micro port for the SD footage lol.  The footage is AMAZING and I mean AMAZING now that I got it from the SD card

Very good. I never made uploads to YT that look bad but who knows. You are now on the right track. Just transfer the file to your PC before going about the YT upload process. There is no reason to pull your sd card every time you want to view or upload a video you have made. Saves wear and tear on your camera's sd card socket.... That's something you don't want to damage!
2018-7-22
Use props
GLAZO
lvl.1

Betamace Posted at 2018-7-22 16:59
If your upload to YT was made from the SD card, I'd say there is a problem. When you play the video file on your sd card back through your PC, does it look good?  If not, maybe the camera was damaged by a previous owner. Tip: Do not upgrade any firmware until you get this issue sorted.

When I plug the drone into my computer nothing happens, drone and controller are powered on any idea why?
2018-7-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Did you use the USB port on the AC shell or on the gimbal board?  You may use the port on the gimbal port.  The shells port is for reading the air data from the flight system.
2018-7-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Peterx Posted at 2018-7-22 22:24
Did you use the USB port on the AC shell or on the gimbal board?  You may use the port on the gimbal port.  The shells port is for reading the air data from the flight system.

On a P3 standard, the USB socket is on the camera itself.
2018-7-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GLAZO Posted at 2018-7-22 19:30
When I plug the drone into my computer nothing happens, drone and controller are powered on any idea why?

You don't need to have the controller powered on, only the aircraft, and you plug into the USB socket on the camera. Are you using a Mac or PC?

2018-7-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

The P3S has it on the right side of the gimbal board,not on the cam it self. But a WinXP-to 10 PC should recognize the card there as disk after plugging the Phantoms cam to the PC via USB.
2018-7-22
Use props
GLAZO
lvl.1

I'm using a PC, also I was trying to plug it into the shell but I realized there's a port on the side of the gimbal and when I plugged that in I got a USB not recognized message even after trying to download the assistant drivers, can you guys help me? Maybe I downloaded the wrong driver or did something wrong.  This is windows 8 btw.
2018-7-22
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

The Win8 search the drivers by its own. But it´s not the best way to look into the card. If you have a card reader then you may use that to read the card,it´s faster.
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules