My Mavic AIR doesnt fly backward beyond about 40 feet.
1703 17 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Im having a small problem. My Mavic AIR wont fly backwards. I  bought it  about 8 days ago. Been flying for 4 evenings so far. First 2  evenings  very cautiously and moderately just hovering etc. Second 2  evenings  were in wide open space and the AIR will go up, forward, yaw,  but goes  backwards very limitedly. It goes but just about 30-40 feet and  then it  just doesnt respond to go further back. Its doing this in a proper  hemispherical way. Which means even if i re-orient it, fly it around and  try backing up in a different direction also it maintains the same  limit in backward flying.

Its showing this behaviour in a perfect cylindrical limit in all locations and irrespective of height and direction.

Can someone help me please ?

2018-7-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is your setting set at beginner mode.
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Please make sure to disabled Beginner mode on your APP. You can also set a flight distance if you want to flight further. Please see the attached image below for reference. If you have any concern, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-7-22
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Sorry i forgot to mention it but it is not in beginner mode.

What should i try ?

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-22 07:46
Sorry i forgot to mention it but it is not in beginner mode.

What should i try ?

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Is there an error message showing on your app during that flight? Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?
2018-7-22
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Hi There Wanda !

No i didn't get an error message during that flight, but i did have compass re-calibrate error and error 200 or 202 if i remember BEFORE starting the flight. I restarted both the drone and the remote after which the error didn't come back.

What is error 200 or 202 mean (actually difficult to remember the codes because they come and before i can even read them they slide away off the screen. Hardly 2 seconds to read the error and esp since we are concentrating on flying so its very hard to see and remember these codes. Is there some black box like method or flight log where i can see or review the errors i got if any ?
2018-7-22
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-22 08:05
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Is there an error message showing on your app during that flight? Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?

Hi There Wanda !

No i didn't get an error message during that flight, but i did have compass re-calibrate error and error 200 or 202 if i remember BEFORE starting the flight. I restarted both the drone and the remote after which the error didn't come back.

What is error 200 or 202 mean (actually difficult to remember the codes because they come and before i can even read them they slide away off the screen. Hardly 2 seconds to read the error and esp since we are concentrating on flying so its very hard to see and remember these codes. Is there some black box like method or flight log where i can see or review the errors i got if any ?

No, i haven't refreshed the firmware using DJI assistant because i dont know how to.
2018-7-22
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-22 08:05
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Is there an error message showing on your app during that flight? Did you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?

Hi,

I have refreshed the aircraft but the dji assistant doesnt recognize the remote controller to do a refresh for the remote also.

Can i have some help please ?
2018-7-25
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Check if the backwards stick works correctly in the settings.
There is a setting where you can set the sensitivity and being in that setting you can press the backwards button to see if the program reacts to it.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-25 01:23
Hi,

I have refreshed the aircraft but the dji assistant doesnt recognize the remote controller to do a refresh for the remote also.

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. You may refer to this tutorial:
2018-7-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-25 01:23
Hi,

I have sent you a PM.
2018-7-25
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

saviour Posted at 2018-7-25 01:26
Check if the backwards stick works correctly in the settings.
There is a setting where you can set the sensitivity and being in that setting you can press the backwards button to see if the program reacts to it.

Hi Saviour,

Yes i did try that in the stick calibration mode. It does work and registered till 100% on the pull back stick.

However i got the issue sorted by doing a firmware refresh, factory reset & sensors calibration and now the aircraft flies backwards at a fair enough speed.

However 2 small questions regarding the DJI assistant program.
1. Does it always stall and move very staggeringly in the downward sensors calibration stage (the blue box follow process freezes & locks up for several seconds again and again) though i somehow pulled through completed it.
2. Why doesn't the remote controller show up on the DJI assistant program recognize the controller. There are usb errors when plugging it in first time itself and it says CDC drivers cant be found.

Thanks
2018-7-25
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-25 01:46
Hello there. Sorry for the late response. You may refer to this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

I tried a firmware refresh & calibration of all sensors for the aircraft and the situation seems ok now. Im able to fly backwards.

1. Does it always stall and move very staggeringly in the downward sensors calibration stage (the blue box follow process freezes & locks up for several seconds again and again) though i somehow pulled through completed it.
2. Why doesn't the remote controller show up on the DJI assistant program recognize the controller. There are usb errors when plugging it in first time itself and it says CDC drivers cant be found. After that theres simply no reponse to plugging the RC into DJI Assistant. I want to refresh my RC too.
2018-7-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-25 20:40
I tried a firmware refresh & calibration of all sensors for the aircraft and the situation seems ok now. Im able to fly backwards.

1. Yes, that is normal as long as it's not affecting the calibration and you were able to complete it.
2. How did you connect the remote controller to the computer? Can you try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2? If that doesn't work, you may try to use a different computer.
2018-7-26
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-7-26 00:17
1. Yes, that is normal as long as it's not affecting the calibration and you were able to complete it.
2. How did you connect the remote controller to the computer? Can you try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2? If that doesn't work, you may try to use a different computer.

Yes i was able to complete the calibration, though it froze for several seconds (only in downward sensor calibration stage) during the blue box chasing. The front and rear sensors calibrated fast enough.

Yes i tried uninstalling and reinstalling. But the DJI A2 which i had downloaded became untouchable as in cant run it, cant move it, cant delete it. And if i even select it, the whole computer will freeze and go dead, have to hard reset my PC. This happened again and again, only with the DJI A2 file. Managed to delete it with lot of difficulty and reboots. However i re-downloaded the DJI A2 and evevn the fresh .exe started behaving that way. Then i found that AVG anti-Virus was not liking this file, if the file was selected with the mouse, AVG will start background scanning it and the whole system will freeze. So i deactivated AVG and immediately the file was moveable, saveable in any folder, no hanging etc.

I have not reinstalled though to refresh my remote. But since i tried the firmware refresh for the Aircraft and recaibrated the sensors i tried to fly and now its flying backward normally. But a new problem has cropped up after doing this refresh and factory reset. Every flight, even after each landing its saying COMPASS CALIBRATION ERROR, CALIBRATE COMPASS. If i then calibrate, it will fly and after it comes back and lands, if i switch of the drone and switch back on, it repeats the error and asks for re-calibration. Every place i go its asking for compass calibration. It never used to ask like this before the DJI A2 refresh and reset. Kindly suggest how to tackle this issue.
2018-7-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-29 07:12
Yes i was able to complete the calibration, though it froze for several seconds (only in downward sensor calibration stage) during the blue box chasing. The front and rear sensors calibrated fast enough.

Yes i tried uninstalling and reinstalling. But the DJI A2 which i had downloaded became untouchable as in cant run it, cant move it, cant delete it. And if i even select it, the whole computer will freeze and go dead, have to hard reset my PC. This happened again and again, only with the DJI A2 file. Managed to delete it with lot of difficulty and reboots. However i re-downloaded the DJI A2 and evevn the fresh .exe started behaving that way. Then i found that AVG anti-Virus was not liking this file, if the file was selected with the mouse, AVG will start background scanning it and the whole system will freeze. So i deactivated AVG and immediately the file was moveable, saveable in any folder, no hanging etc.

Thank you for the response. Upon confirming this to our engineers. Error code 200 caused by excessive USB plug-in and plug-in protection. It is recommended to unplug the USB cable and reconnect. If you still get this error after reconnecting and restarting the remote control, it is recommended to send back the unit for a checkup. You may send an email to support@dji.com to start up a case.
2018-7-29
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Dear Wanda, I got the error code 200 when flying my drone, i mean before take off stage. There was no USB connection of any kind possible at that time.

But good news is i have never got the error code 200 again. It only came once. After calibration and reset it has never come. But now only Compass is asking to calibrate for almost every flight.

2018-7-29
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Hello,

Kindly answer my query as to why im getting COMPASS ERROR CANNOT FLY and have to re-calibrate for 2 times each day i attempt to fly. Almost before every flight.

You are reply me only once a week, when will i solve this issue ?

2018-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules