New 1.1.9 Firmware does not need RC upgrade from 1.1.8
1502 4 2015-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
martin
lvl.2
Sweden

So I´m upgrading my P3 to the new 1.1.9 firmware right now and just realized that
the RC does not need upgrading from 1.1.8, the mail from DJI says so, ie it only affects
the aircraft and not the remote!

2015-5-22
Use props
martin
lvl.2
Sweden

And then again the IOS app says there´s a new firmware available and it should be installed
but mail says it´s not needed.
2015-5-22
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

I am upgrading my bird now but did not receive an email from DJI. Did you try to upgrade the controller anyway?

P.S. The app notification is just a general message. It does not check before notification.
2015-5-22
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

martin@austinso Posted at 2015-5-22 22:28
And then again the IOS app says there´s a new firmware available and it should be installed
but mai ...

Yes after reading the release notes there is no need to update the controller. The app notification is a general notice and is not based on whether our not you have done the upgrade. Not sure why that is the case but never the less you should be fine as long as you have confirmed the craft has been updated.
2015-5-22
Use props
martin
lvl.2
Sweden

digitaldave Posted at 2015-5-23 02:21
Yes after reading the release notes there is no need to update the controller. The app notification ...

Yes and the message didn´t reappear after 2 times either. And Phantom flies happily as well!
2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules