740 6 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paddy_124
lvl.1

Hello Everyone.

I just bough my Spark.

It's more or less one week that i'm flying it and i keep facing the same issue:

When i start recording a video, the video-feed on my cellphone become super slow and there is a delay of 10-15 seconds.
For example, if i wave my arm in front of the camera, on the screen of my cellphone i see this 10-15 seconds later.
Along with that, due to the fact that everything is very slow, i cannot stop the recording. Whether i press on the controller (yes, i fly with controller, connected wit a cable to OTG to my cellphone) or i press stop recording on my cellphone, it just does not stop.
This also is very much a problem. i don't know why but once the record button is pressed, i'm doomed...

On top of that, 9 times out of 10, when i'm recording, the Spark lose signal with the controller, lost connection, and initiate the automatic return home and landing.

It's very frustrating, everything goes pretty much ok, but when i start recording, all becomes slow and very much unstable.
I lost connection so many times that now i'm afrait to fly it...

any tips? ideas?
my cellphone is pretty old, Samsung A5.... can that be the problem? i thought that connecting it with the cable should fix the problem, but it didn't.

thanks

2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum , we do apologize for the troubles but unfortunately the Samsung A5 is not fully compatible to run the app. Please see the list of fully compatible phones below. Thank you.
spark.PNG
2018-7-22
Use props
Paddy_124
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-22 08:05
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum , we do apologize for the troubles but unfortunately the Samsung A5 is not fully compatible to run the app. Please see the list of fully compatible phones below. Thank you.

Hello there, thank you for the very fast reply!

So, the problem might be just the cellphone?
It would be a problem if i spend 500$ more for a cellphone, and the problem persist...
other people has experiences the same issue?
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Paddy_124 Posted at 2018-7-22 08:09
Hello there, thank you for the very fast reply!

So, the problem might be just the cellphone?

Hi, if its an unsupported phone we might lose connection to the aircraft and fly away. So to avoid any incidence of a fly away or aircraft disconnection, no videos recording etc, we strongly suggest to use supported device on the list. Thank you.
2018-7-22
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968002 ft
United States

I think the first thing you should do is restart your phone and reinstall the Go 4 app.

Try going into a different location like an empty field with no power lines or any large metal objects. This should hopefully resolve the disconnects.

Before you fly at the new location calibrate the Sparks IMU on a flat surface away from any metal objects.

Recalibrate the Sparks compass when your at the new location.

Once your phone and remote are connected and you enter the Sparks camera view, go into your phone setting and turn on airplane mode and turn off Bluetooth. This will help lower the chances of bad interference.

Hopefully this should resolve the interference and disconnects. Try to maintain visual of Sparky the whole time so that way you can see it and know your not flying too far away which might be another reason why Sparky keeps losing signal and iniating the RTH.

I think of you follow all of these then maybe you’ll have a stronger connection with Sparky and it should resolve the latency issue when recording and the frequent disconnects.  

I’m not an expert on drones but I hope this advice resolves your problems. Hopefully one of the DJI moderators see this post and give feedback on your situation.

Anyways I hope everything works out and let me know what happens.

2018-7-22
Use props
Alexey Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Just downgrade you app to 4.1.15 or 4.2.12 and everything will be ok ;)
2018-7-22
Use props
Paddy_124
lvl.1

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-7-22 09:45
Just downgrade you app to 4.1.15 or 4.2.12 and everything will be ok ;)

How can i do that?

In the end, i figured out that the OTG cable never worked.
In fact when i plug it it, i have a "flashing message" on my cellphone, that i'm unabel to click and it freeze my whole cellphone.... damn it... any idea of that kind of issue?
2018-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules