Joystick calibration apparently impossible
544 7 2018-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danmckinney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29196 ft
United States

After a few successful initial flights, I tried calibrating the joysticks, but was unsuccsessful, and now I have no joystick control whatsoever. And now I find it's impossible to actually complete the calibration procedure before the sequence times out.

I've tried at least ten times, restarting the app, the phone, and the remote, but to no avail. The target circles just never make it around the square before timout! Only ONE time did ONE circle actually complete the journey.

How do I complete the joystick calibration? Or, if that's impossible, how can I reset the app so I can use the joysticks again? The remote control is kind of useless right now.

2018-7-22
Use props
danmckinney
lvl.2
United States

The app is up-to-date, version 4.2.21   I'm using it on a Samsung S5 Active, which also has current software.
2018-7-22
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I hope this will help you:

2018-7-22
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

Uninstall 4.2.21! Install 4.1.16 !!!!!!!!!!!!! After uninstalling 4.2.21 delete the application folder 4.2.21 then install the old application with version 4.1.16! Connect to the RC and do the calibration successfully
2018-7-22
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Israel

the hardware Samsung S5 not work fine with new version GO-4.2.21! it's old ''hardware'' machine for new version software from DJI
2018-7-22
Use props
danmckinney
lvl.2
United States

Actually did it!!   It can be done by constantly moving the joysticks back and forth over the path, and the circles will move. You can't just follow them, you have to sort of keep vigorously nudging them along. Jeez. What a waste of the past hour figuring this out...
2018-7-22
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Israel

I'm coming back ... with a joke ... a parody! Dear DJI engineers: In the next version of DJI-GO (Android 4.2.22 ... 23) we will need 16-core CPU devices ... 16Gb RAM ... GPU Nvidia X-force?!?!?!? (8gb ram-video) Where do we go?
2018-7-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. That is good to know that you are able to fix the issue. If you have any other concerns with your Drone please feel free to post for us to help you. Happy flying.
2018-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules